BREAKING NEWS: Maul's next w/ Accessory Pack!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGouse0498

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just read this posting at SirSteve's Guide. According to the latest SW Insider:

12-Inch Darth Maul
"The second entry in Sideshow Collectibles Dark Lords of the Sith line (you did preorder the 12" Darth Vader: Sith Apprentice exclusive, didn't you?) is the satanic-looking Darth Maul. Created with an amazing likeness of actor Ray Park,Maul comes with a hooded Sith robe, several lightsaber variations, electrobinoculars, interchangeable hands, and a display base. The regular version should still be available for preorder at www.sideshowcollectibles.com for $49.99"

12-Inch Accessory Set-Sith Probe Droids

"Shortly after the 12" Darth Maul goes on sale, Sideshow will make this set of Sith probe droids (as seen in The Phantom Menace) available for approximately $29.99. The set comes with three probe droids and includes support rods, a desert-themed display base, and a droid controller bracelet. *Prototype shown"

The forum member will be posting pictures later on this evening. Here's the link:

https://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=473477#post473477

I do believe this is on the up-and-up.

No surprise, they had the teaser up weeks ago.

On another note, how does someone NOT have a digital camera in today's world?!?!

Pics! :)

Khev said:
Wow, so I wonder if that means the Sith Probe accessories take the place of an exclusive edition?
The quote up above almost makes it sound like the Sith Probe accessories are a seperate item from the figure. I hope this is not the case as t'would suck.:confused:

Gruson said:
No surprise, they had the teaser up weeks ago.

On another note, how does someone NOT have a digital camera in today's world?!?!

Pics! :)

Actually, I know quite a few people who either don't have a digital camera or have one that's several years old. I didn't get mine until just last year because Wal-Mart had a great Black Friday sale on a 5.0 MP camera for $89.

Still, I'm anxious to see the pics too. I checked Barnes and Noble on my lunch break, but they hadn't got the new issue in.

As for the Sith accessories, they'll be separate from the figure. I believe this is the beginning of what Sideshow hinted at doing when the line started, which is offer accessory packs for their figures. I imagine we'll see Luke's Endor gear and Death Star binders at some point down the road.

$30 isn't too bad either since there is a display base as well. If it were just the probe droids and wrist remote, then it'd be a rip-off.

pixletwin said:
The quote up above almost makes it sound like the Sith Probe accessories are a seperate item from the figure. I hope this is not the case as t'would suck.:confused:

yeah if this is true that sucks that we have to buy them for $30.

If this is true, I will buy the extra pack, but would have preferred just one probe droid included in the exclusive version. (Or do I mean the "inclusive" version?)

tomandshell said:
If this is true, I will buy the extra pack, but would have preferred just one probe droid included in the exclusive version. (Or do I mean the "inclusive" version?)

oh please-- i dont even want to think about that. i want an exclusive Maul with a probe droid!!!! if they absolutely have to make accessories for maul at least make his Sith Speeder!!!!

I am asking myself--if there was a regular version for $50 and an exclusive version for $80 with multiple accessories, rods, special base, etc.--which would I buy?

I would buy the $80 one.

hairlesswookiee said:
oh please-- i dont even want to think about that. i want an exclusive Maul with a probe droid!!!! if they absolutely have to make accessories for maul at least make his Sith Speeder!!!!

Doubtful since that would probably fall under Hasbro's license for vehicles (which they have made in the 12 inch scale before...in fact I think one of them was a Sith Speeder).

Perhaps Maul will come with a single probe droid?

Maul will need:

Double bladed lightsaber--unignited.
Double bladed lightsaber--one end ignited.
Double bladed lightsaber--both ends ignited.
Cleaved lightsaber--unignited.
Cleaved lightsaber--ignited.

And because Sideshow pays attention to the details, I believe that it will have every single one of those. Hooray!

(Now when can I order?)

:maul

Just think about the possibilities for "accessory" sets and bases.

Han in Carbonite
Dagobah/Hoth/Cloud City/Death Star/Ewok Village bases
Imperial Probe Droid
Skywalker Twins

And something else that makes the Maul accessory a MUST HAVE is that you can use the Tatooine base for C-3PO/R2, ANH Luke, AOTC Anakin and Padme, Sandpeople, Jawas, tons of characters!

I'm guessing next week but we'll have to wait until Thurday's newsletter to find out for sure.

Back