1/6 Hot Toys - MMS273 - Iron Man 2: Tony Stark w/ Arc Reactor Creation Accessories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now very much debating about getting this figure to go with the new Pepper Potts figure. :thud:

Get it. It really is a great figure. It's like having a mini RDJ in my display. I got the accessory pack to display mine with.

Attachments

• IMG_20150521_202833820.jpg
    IMG_20150521_202833820.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 470
  • IMG_20150521_202823564.jpg
    IMG_20150521_202823564.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 465
  • IMG_20150521_182839098.jpg
    IMG_20150521_182839098.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 457
I have other 1/6 figures but I am new to collecting Iron Man. I have the Diecast Mark III on preorder. Then I saw this Tony Stark in this Arc Reactor set and ordered it last night with plans of also ordering the Mark III Construction Version diorama piece to go with it as a companion piece. Both were still in stock when I started ordering them, but by the time I finished ordering Tony Stark the Mark III Construction Version piece was out of stock. Wow, just missed it. I put it on waitlist, but I never done that before so I have no idea what my chances are of getting it now.

By the way, I love this Tony Stark figure, I am so glad I decided to get one now because this seems like the best one they have made so far. Not only is the best Robert Downey Jr likeness, but it also reminds me of classic Iron Man as he appeared for the first time in the comics...

Stark.jpg

I just went to check on ordering the accessory set on SSC. Sold out. And the Iorn Man Mark III construction set is waitlisted. When did all that happen? I thought I had pkenty of time and truthfully was waiting on a discount.

Just picked up my first IM armor (Heartbreaker) during Stark Week. It arrived today and I finally unboxed the Stark and Mark III Construction Set to go with it. So, here is my first attempt at taking a picture of my display. I have a ton of new found respect for those on here who take awesome pictures... it's really hard to get a good picture (especially in a display case)! I now also understand how everyone ends up with a bunch of armor's. They are fantastic in person. Already ordered War Machine MKII from BBTS on Amazon using my reward points there.

stark_heartbreaker_01.jpg

I actually thought he came with the table, lol, should have paid more attention.

However a nice addition to the collection! (crappy snap shot as always.. sorry)

ts.jpg

The arc reactor Tony is the only one I have but I've read quite a few posts where folks think it's the best likeness. I can't confirm that, but I do think this one is pretty spot on. And, I wish it came with the accessories set. Ended up tracking that down on eBay as I was too late to the party to pick one up when it came out. Now I'm debating on picking up some type of Hall of Armor as I already like the IM stuff as much as anything I've bought so far (except for Groot... Groot Rules!!!). The HT ones are pretty expensive when I've seen them. Might try the Toys Box 3.0 version... decisions, decisions.

Oh, and if it matters, he does have an arc reactor in his chest under the black shirt as well. First thing my wife did when I unboxed him is start ripping off his shirt... "I'm looking to see if he has that glowing round thingy in his chest"... :lol

Nice pic Okko... I couldn't decide if I wanted Tony standing at the table or working on the MKIII. That's a good look...

The accessories set is nearly as much as the construction set. I was really disappointed that it didn't come with the table

The workshop accessory set (diorama series) has the table. I picked up 2 on ebay. 1 for $90 and the other for $60. The $60 one the seller opened to photograph and then resold it. It was complete and had the correct face mask for the Mk VII. I found it one morning after he just listed it with buy it now. He also sold a Mk III construction set for $90. It was one of the best deals I've ever gotten.
Ryan

That's was a good deal. I couldn't find one this side of the one for less than £90

Got this today and I love it! I know it's just another Tony Stark, but it's the best HS so far IMO. I finally get to use the Magic Cube shirt on a figure...this is the first one that it looked decent on...please excuse the crappy pics...my iPhone's my only camera, lol...

Thetrust, your figures and pics are absolutely amazing!!! I already have two HT Tony Stark figures, but now I must get the "Arc Reactor Creation" figure also... And that shirt... And the Bruce Banner figure... :)

Back