Borderlands 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, it sounds like once again NECA is slow to the trigger. Had they spent alittle more effort on these and maybe less effort on their rainbow variety of Predators and Assassin Creed characters they could have opened up a great new line.

Sure, Claptrap was always going to sell well, as he could make it as a stand-alone figure. Meanwhile the Psycho was really lacking without any other figure to interact with. The style of paint didn't really allow him to blend in with other lines, so what was the figure to do aside from pegwarm? It's like if NECA made and R2-D2 and a Battle Droid - you tell me which one would do better.

Not to mention the fact that I've never seen a Gordon Freeman in the wild...

Man, it sounds like once again NECA is slow to the trigger. Had they spent alittle more effort on these and maybe less effort on their rainbow variety of Predators and Assassin Creed characters they could have opened up a great new line.

Sure, Claptrap was always going to sell well, as he could make it as a stand-alone figure. Meanwhile the Psycho was really lacking without any other figure to interact with. The style of paint didn't really allow him to blend in with other lines, so what was the figure to do aside from pegwarm? It's like if NECA made and R2-D2 and a Battle Droid - you tell me which one would do better.

Randy said retailers didn't order any of the other figures.

The way Toy Fair works is that buyers come by a manufacturer's booth, check out the goods, and place their orders. . . if TRU doesn't order Zero and Salvador, then NECA doesn't make them.

:dunno

Well, what's frustrating is that I've read that some TRUs got Freeman yet none of mine have. The same with the NECA Gollum/Smeagol - some TRUs got them and other did not. Personally, I would have been down for three Freemans if the TRUs had them, so it's silly that some got them and others did not.

Why would they bother to make a bandit instead of a more prominent character in the first place? :dunno
There are far better choices which would have sold well.

I personally thought a Bandit was a great choice, as its the badguy that shown on both the Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2 game coverart......but clearly I was in the minority

Bummer - I was looking forward to a long and diverse line (with a lot of bandit variants)

Well, the Bandit was a great choice, but needed someone to interact with. We all know from being kids playing with toys that it's no fun unless our good/bad guys have someone to fight. Reaslitically, wave one should have been Claptrap, Bandit, and one of the Heros from BL1.

The pics we've seen of Salvador and Zero from BL2 look great. Throw in a Bandit variant and that would have made for a solid wave. Admittedly, I don't quite get the need for the upcoming bule Claptrap and I hope NECA doesn't think they can treat Claptrap like and astromech droid from SW and make one for every color of the rainbow.

I've been really looking forward to getting Mordecai and Zero on my shelf, as well as, I'd hope, Handsome Jack and Sir Hammerlock. The character designs are so unique and interesting it could make for a beautiful line, I don't know why NECA aren't jumping at the vast figure opportunities the license brings.

I wish NECA would do a collector fan club in the same vein as Mattel when it comes to their He Man line...really think that would be a great way to get the figures we want onto shelves...forget retailers - we'll buy direct

Also, the blue variant of Clap trap has hit online; I ordered 2 via gamestop and it looks like they did a credit card preauth last weekend, so hopefully they'll ship those out soon

I ended up buying a Loot Edition off Ebay - gotta say, its awesome.....I assume everyone here has played the DLCs thus far?

I have the season pass but have not got around to playing them so if you say anything about them please use spoiler tags.:pray:

we just got in the Blue Claptraps today, they look great in hand:

848CA533-217B-446B-AEF8-E20CBA8AB248-11772-00000466468921DE_zpsda4584c2.jpg

Valentine's Day gifts:
To receive your gifts from Miss Moxxi, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
Xbox 360: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PS3: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

"Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- along with a special version of Moxxi's Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

These codes will be active through February 17, 2013

I'm still playing the hell out of this. Just finished my second playthrough and working my way through the DLC's.

Add me if you want to play co-op on 360.

Gamertag: The ill Jedi

Back