Borderlands 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my two from Gamestop.....wear marks are identical to yellow; its cool but this is one of NECA's lazy repaints with no attempt at making it a little unique other than the color

Hopefully it sells and encourages them to go ahead with the Borderlands 2 line. I was really looking forward to getting Zero and hopefully Mordecai, Hammerlock and Handsome Jack. Borderlands character designs are up there with Bioshock's, it seems like such a great selection of characters to take advantage of in a figure line. They better release them eventually.

I'm sure the blue Claptraps will sell out as people will be cashing in on the success (and limited availability) of the regular Claptrap figure from before. This means the blue will have a sort of inflated success, not really related to the figure. Seriously, how many people asked NECA for a blue Claptrap? It's really just a money grab.

Seriously, how many people asked NECA for a blue Claptrap? It's really just a money grab.

Again, NECA only makes what TRU wants. TRU asked for more Claptraps. You can't blame NECA. They solicited all the BL figures, but TRU only ordered Claptraps.

If you want to call up NECA and order 10,000 Zeroes and Salvadors and Bandits, have at it.

It's a 'money grab' that could lead to the line continuing. It's not like NECA are some huge company who only care about making money, they need these kinds of sales to continue with the line.

Again, NECA only makes what TRU wants. TRU asked for more Claptraps. You can't blame NECA. They solicited all the BL figures, but TRU only ordered Claptraps.

If you want to call up NECA and order 10,000 Zeroes and Salvadors and Bandits, have at it.

TRU does not control NECA. That's obvious from just how many NECA items never even make it to TRUs. You have no evidence to support that NECA "solicited" any figures to anyone, but rather NECA may have just dropped the BL figure project. This is possible especially more true given that NECA is cracking more into the 1/4 scale items lately.

You have no evidence to support that NECA "solicited" any figures to anyone, but rather NECA may have just dropped the BL figure project.

What do you think Toy Fair is?? Do you think it's just a toy show so NECA can show cool toys to fanboys on the Internet??

No, it's where all the toy retailers across the world go to see what is upcoming for the year, and place orders for product. NECA brought the BL figs to Toy Fair, and SOLICITED THEM to the retailers. That's what soliciting them means. I'm not sure if you put it in quotes because you don't know the definition or if you're just trying to belittle my post.

Read the NECA Twitter and you'll learn a bit about how the business works. But if you want to remain convinced that NECA hates you and is just making up excuses, then I guess I can't help you with that.

Claptraps are cool, and since there are a bunch of em in the first game, I am cool - I really had hoped the bandit had sold well, cause I was ready for the flame head looking variant in wave 2.....and of course, Salvador and Zero..

Why can't NECA do a collector club, kinda like Mattel does with He-man? Seems like a great way to go - $20 a pop, more 'limited' and fans get what they want

I'm just surprised that Borderlands 2 got the chop when so many video games now seem to have multiple figures that come out which end up as peg warmers.

I have a collectibles shop near me that has a video game section for figures and there are a LOT there. My local EB has a section as well and there is a lot of stuff there.

I would have bought a Gunzerker personally !

What do you think Toy Fair is?? Do you think it's just a toy show so NECA can show cool toys to fanboys on the Internet??

No, it's where all the toy retailers across the world go to see what is upcoming for the year, and place orders for product. NECA brought the BL figs to Toy Fair, and SOLICITED THEM to the retailers. That's what soliciting them means. I'm not sure if you put it in quotes because you don't know the definition or if you're just trying to belittle my post.

Read the NECA Twitter and you'll learn a bit about how the business works. But if you want to remain convinced that NECA hates you and is just making up excuses, then I guess I can't help you with that.

Wow, you don't seem to grasp the fact that TRU did not tell NECA what to make - they have no control over the company. When you say "NECA only makes what TRU wants" then you're fooling yourself into thinking that TRU has some kind of vested interest in the company, like they own 51% of the stock or something.

Get a clue. That's like saying TRU tells Hasbro or Matty what exclusives to make. :cuckoo:

Wow, you don't seem to grasp the fact that TRU did not tell NECA what to make - they have no control over the company. When you say "NECA only makes what TRU wants" then you're fooling yourself into thinking that TRU has some kind of vested interest in the company, like they own 51% of the stock or something.

Get a clue. That's like saying TRU tells Hasbro or Matty what exclusives to make. :cuckoo:

Okay, it's clear now that you don't understand how the toy business works, and that's fine, I just didn't know for sure.

Think of it like this, TRU is some dude, NECA is a pizza restaurant. NECA can make all kinds of different pizzas, and puts them all on their menu. TRU looks at the menu and only orders pepperoni pizzas, and they call up NECA and say "Give me 10 pepperoni pizzas", and NECA says "Okay" and NECA makes 10 pepperoni pizzas and give them to TRU and TRU pays. . . end of story.

The dude does not own any part of or have any "vested interest" in the pizza restaurant, yet the dude dictates what pizza the restaurant makes, and how many pizzas to make.

Okay, it's clear now that you don't understand how the toy business works, and that's fine, I just didn't know for sure.

Think of it like this, TRU is some dude, NECA is a pizza restaurant. NECA can make all kinds of different pizzas, and puts them all on their menu. TRU looks at the menu and only orders pepperoni pizzas, and they call up NECA and say "Give me 10 pepperoni pizzas", and NECA says "Okay" and NECA makes 10 pepperoni pizzas and give them to TRU and TRU pays. . . end of story.

The dude does not own any part of or have any "vested interest" in the pizza restaurant, yet the dude dictates what pizza the restaurant makes, and how many pizzas to make.

TRU does not wiegh in that heavily - that's what you're missing. Hell, BBTS and EE probably order more heavy from NECA than TRU. As it is, both stores carry stuff that TRU never evens touches, like the recent Gordon Freeman, 1/4 Avengers, Heroclix, etc.

Back