Boba Fett Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. I can afford it, but there's no way I would buy this or any other life-size figure because, IMHO, it's no worth it, at all.

Ok, we get it. You can afford it but you're not in to life size. Good for you.

So why are you continuing posting in this thread again? :cuckoo:

Ah, of course. Separate room it is. Guess I just need a bigger house ! :lol.

My house isn't even all that big actually. I just have a decent sized extra room to work with to put all of my toys, statues, arcade unit, etc in. It's a nice escape from reality hanging out in there.

Ok, we get it. You can afford it but you're not in to life size. Good for you.

So why are you continuing posting in this thread again? :cuckoo:

You should read my last post since you seem confused. I'm sorry I had the audacity to have a differing opinion. I guess if someone says they aren't buying a product then they should stop commenting as anything they say is now invalid. It's only if you are buying said product that your opinion matters above everyone else's. I will now leave this thread to the experts to continue their circle-jerk.

You should read my last post since you seem confused. I'm sorry I had the audacity to have a differing opinion. I guess if someone says they aren't buying a product then they should stop commenting as anything they say is now invalid. It's only if you are buying said product that your opinion matters above everyone else's. I will now leave this thread to the experts to continue their circle-jerk.

I did read your last post. But the post I quoted you from was basically the snobby attitude that seems to sum you up. You don't like lifesize statues but you can afford them....good for you.

What I don't get from people like you is your continuing posting in a thread for a TYPE of product you've expressed that you don't like. I don't like Sideshow Premium Format statues, yet I don't go into a thread and question the people who are into it "why do people collect these things...because I don't like them!"

And for the record, I am not buying this Sideshow statue.

I would consider this piece if it was cheaper, but at this price its a rip-off. Unless you got the money to throw away. I got a massive collection, but this takes it to another level. A deeper level of mental illness. Good luck to those who buy this. Hopefully Yoda is much cheaper.

So, if I like lifesize figures (now that I've seen that they can look good in a person's home, but I can't afford them, and don't have a big enough living space for one... then, am I allowed to post here? :lol

Kidding aside, those are some impressive figures, guys. Maybe someday... For now I'll be tending toward threads about pieces I can fit on a shelf. :)

Here's a pic of my Fett that I am still working on:

fett_1_7_14_by_godaiking-d71cg56.jpg

Air guitar. :rock

Wow!
In Germany this Boba is priced 7999€, which is 11 800$...i love european Prices....:panic:

I think this statue looks great.

As for the price, I don't think we should all be really surprised. These 1:1 statues are expensive. They are for a certain type of collector. Some guys are into life-size stuff, just like many guys are into the 1:4 scale statues. It's all personal preference. There's no way SS could offer this statue (with this detail) for $2000, it's just not going to happen. I think we all know that. Heck, some of us drop $300 on a 1:6 scale figure! Is that "worth it" in comparison, or simply what you can afford?

It cracks me up that the same guys that declare it's way over priced are the ones that pick on it for being inaccurate. Accuracy comes at a cost.

As far as putting together a Fett statue for less money, the fact is it's very hard to do. I have yet to see a life-size Fett that's fan made that looks great. The pose is always wonky, the legs give away that fact that it's on a $150 mannequin and the arms are impossible to get right. I spent $5000 on Fett armor that looked amazing and spent months trying to get it right on a $800 mannequin and gave up. For me, this SS statue is the best Fett out there.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's all about what each of us can afford. My guess is if the average SS collector had the extra cash his house would be full of expensive 1:1 stuff like this. :)

So I have been on TDH for the better part of 10 years....I have built several complete Fett's for clients over the years and I can tell you this sideshow statue is easily the best Fett product ever produced...now maybe I am a little partial since I worked on this project but in the end you had the best of the best working on this.....sideshow ultimately decided to go to the fans that were accuracy nuts to get this thing right....I will be the first to admit that we didn't get this perfect but I can assure you it's darn close....anyway...here is a pic of my last custom project I did for a client....as far as price...my last 3 commission projects I charged over 12k so in my opinion 7500 is a great price....

Image15.jpg

It's interesting to hear from someone who has some real experience with Fett.

Thanks for the info :)

Still way way out of my price range but interesting to know the SS price is not completely ludicrous

Man, this is so out of my monetary range also, but this is a "once in a Lifetime" Collectible for sure....hopefully one day...:pray:

Hell, I'd be happy with the Sideshow 1:1 bust. Don't have anything to complain about with the lifesized version either.

I still think I'd prefer spending that money on e.g. the Master Replicas Millenium Falcon and then maybe have a project piecing together my own Fett suit. There's so much knowledge to find on TDH and bits and pieces are available so that you can complete your very own Fett 1:1.

So I have been on TDH for the better part of 10 years....I have built several complete Fett's for clients over the years and I can tell you this sideshow statue is easily the best Fett product ever produced...now maybe I am a little partial since I worked on this project but in the end you had the best of the best working on this.....sideshow ultimately decided to go to the fans that were accuracy nuts to get this thing right....I will be the first to admit that we didn't get this perfect but I can assure you it's darn close....anyway...here is a pic of my last custom project I did for a client....as far as price...my last 3 commission projects I charged over 12k so in my opinion 7500 is a great price....

Image15.jpg

Your custom Fett is simply amazing, Darthmiller. I've done quite a bit of poking around at TDH as well and basically what I found out was that to get a commissioned piece done by one of the amazing builders over there(like yourself) it would actually cost more than the $7500 Sideshow is asking for theirs and it could take a year or more to be completed. I know a custom build is always going to be more accurate than a mass produced piece, but I think enlisting the help of experts like you and other TDH members will make this Sideshow statue a grand slam! Pending what the finished pieces actually look like and assuming the paint and details are done right I totally plan on buying one.

Back