Boba Fett Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We could always postpone announcing a product until its closer to being released, but generally we announce new product very early in the development process because most people are excited to know as soon as possible. If I had to choose between knowing super early, or having info withheld on purpose, I'd choose to know early. The down side of getting to know early is that then you are acutely aware of the time in between the announcement and the release.
Now as for speeding up the process of development and getting the factories to the goal line more quickly, that's mostly outside of our control.

Take all the time you need mate. Personally I don't mind so long as it is an accurate, quality piece that I can keep for life.

We could always postpone announcing a product until its closer to being released, but generally we announce new product very early in the development process because most people are excited to know as soon as possible. If I had to choose between knowing super early, or having info withheld on purpose, I'd choose to know early. The down side of getting to know early is that then you are acutely aware of the time in between the announcement and the release.
Now as for speeding up the process of development and getting the factories to the goal line more quickly, that's mostly outside of our control.

The problem is not waiting it is getting excited for an announcement and then never getting it. Still waiting on those Galen Marek and Ki-Adi Mundi Sabers because they were cancelled. Oh and the new Millennium Falcon.

That is why I would rather NOT know because I do not want to get excited about an announcement unless it is actually going to be produced.

The problem is not waiting it is getting excited for an announcement and then never getting it. Still waiting on those Galen Marek and Ki-Adi Mundi Sabers because they were cancelled. Oh and the new Millennium Falcon.

That is why I would rather NOT know because I do not want to get excited about an announcement unless it is actually going to be produced.

Yeah I can understand that and don't blame you for being disappointed.
The reality is that sometimes unexpected factors can pop up along the way that have an affect on the direction of the product line.
That being said, I believe that to be by far more of the exception than the rule.

Yeah I can understand that and don't blame you for being disappointed.
The reality is that sometimes unexpected factors can pop up along the way that have an affect on the direction of the product line.
That being said, I believe that to be by far more of the exception than the rule.

I would agree. But unfortunately for me as someone who is not interested in helmets those were the only three projects EFX was doing that I was planning to purchase. Literally all three projects I was excited for went down the tube. So it may be the exception to the rule overall but for me it has happened every. single. time.

And I hope I am not coming off as disrespectful but I was very excited for all of these ESPECIALLY the Ki-Adi saber so I hope my frustration is understandable. I always wanted a saber from one of the council members. It was a dream piece. You guys do quality work I just seem to have impeccable luck.

I'm torn because it's exciting to know what is planned, but the wait for certain pieces almost becomes excruciating at times. Personally, I would prefer for something not to be announced more than 2 years in advance, but rather maybe a year tops. That would make the wait for these great pieces a lot more tolerable. :)

Yeah but the problem is that we aren't always able to anticipate how long it will take to get through the factories.
That's why we try to give our best estimates based on the info at that time. As we get into it, all kinds of unexpected issues can arise causing delays in some fashion.
And I think most people would rather us delay and put out the best product we feel we can, then to put out something sub-standard just to meet an estimated time frame.
I don't think we've ever announced something knowing in advance that it would be released 2 years later (it just sometimes happens that way).
This business is very fluid.
Like yoda says, "always in motion is the future". :)

Thanks for the insight Gino. I don't want you to hurry and release it - it's just knowing that such a cool bucket is coming, it's hard to contain the excitement. I've wanted one for so long. And the fact this came from the ESB Hero is just icing on the cake. I can wait because I know it will be great when it does get here.

Yeah, I totally understand that unforeseen delays are a part of the business, Gino. It's just unfortunate how these highly anticipated pieces always seem to take forever to be released, but you're right that it's better to wait for them to be done right than to be rushed out.

I just hope the 2 years Sideshow has been working on this 1:1 Boba Fett will result in the finished piece looking exactly like the prototype. :)

Does anyone know if authorized Sideshow dealers will be selling this piece or if it's something you will only be able to order directly from them?

Does anyone know if authorized Sideshow dealers will be selling this piece or if it's something you will only be able to order directly from them?

I know that my local (Indianapolis) reseller has Boba Fett, Yoda and HiC life sizes all available for pre-order. As I mentioned in the Yoda thread, they're all at an 8-10% discount from Sideshow's price and they have a pick-up option, I believe. The link is https://www.apcollectibles.com if anyone wants to check it out. Even if you're a half day drive away, probably worth local pickup to save on shipping...

I know that my local (Indianapolis) reseller has Boba Fett, Yoda and HiC life sizes all available for pre-order. As I mentioned in the Yoda thread, they're all at an 8-10% discount from Sideshow's price and they have a pick-up option, I believe. The link is https://www.apcollectibles.com if anyone wants to check it out. Even if you're a half day drive away, probably worth local pickup to save on shipping...

Thanks for the heads up, Darth Dennis. I only live about 3 and a half hours from Indy(I'm in southern Illinois) so I would love to deal with a company that's somewhat local. Even if I had them ship it to me the cost would probably be cheaper than having it sent from Sideshow and it definitely wouldn't have to travel as far. Thanks again. :)

I wish there was a place like that in NJ. $6.5k, I would've placed my order, no hesitation. With it being ~$8k with shipping, I've started to just rebuild another one from The Dented Helmet forums again. ROTJ SE too, which is my favorite version, anyway.

+1 for APC.
I use to shop with them a lot a few years back.

Is Aaron still there or did he sell the place to someone else?

+1 for APC.
I use to shop with them a lot a few years back.

Is Aaron still there or did he sell the place to someone else?

That is a good question. They had a brick and mortar in my home town a fees ago but moved closer to Indy. I'm pretty sure it's still the same guys though. Great to do business with.

I checked it is 5 percent for the lifesize Han and boba I believe.

Yup, $375 off for a total price of $7125. I contacted them to get a quote on shipping, but haven't heard anything back yet. If I end up getting this bad boy it will definitely be from them. :)

Good question. Will have to inquire about out of state sales tax if buying from them.

Back