Boba Fett Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a guy who makes a million a year and he couldnt afford this. Lol

I know people might not be to keen to put their hand up and say they are seriously cconsidering this due to the flack they may cop from some people but I am very interested to know if anyone here thinks they may pull the trigger on this?

I know people might not be to keen to put their hand up and say they are seriously cconsidering this due to the flack they may cop from some people but I am very interested to know if anyone here thinks they may pull the trigger on this?

I would not give anyone flack. The cheaper alternatives don't give the same amazing appearance as the statues IMO and if I could afford it I would grab this and the others no question. I hope to see at least one person here buy it so we can see some in person pics. Same with the other Life size statues.

I know people might not be to keen to put their hand up and say they are seriously considering this due to the flack they may cop from some people but I am very interested to know if anyone here thinks they may pull the trigger on this?

I could care less about flack, especially from some of the "jokers" who post here, so I'll admit that I'm considering it. I've got the old Don Post Fett statue from several years ago(pictured below) that I know I could sell to a very wealthy collector who just bought my 1:1 Darth Vader a couple months ago so the money from the sale of it would easily have me covered. The only decision is if I want to go for the Sideshow statue or have one of the talented builders over at The Dented Helmet do an accurate version for me. Going to weigh my options and probably decide sometime over the summer.

100_1086_2.jpg

If someone here can afford $7500 a pop for a figure more power to them.

I am really considering purchasing this, but I would feel more comfortable to see in hand pics first and a video review.

I could care less about flack, especially from some of the "jokers" who post here, so I'll admit that I'm considering it. I've got the old Don Post Fett statue from several years ago(pictured below) that I know I could sell to a very wealthy collector who just bought my 1:1 Darth Vader a couple months ago so the money from the sale of it would easily have me covered. The only decision is if I want to go for the Sideshow statue or have one of the talented builders over at The Dented Helmet do an accurate version for me. Going to weigh my options and probably decide sometime over the summer.

I think you're taking people's opinions personal, actually it's quite obvious. "Jokers" huh? Because they don't agree and think this is, just like, so totally awesome? FYI, you don't have to be wealthy to afford this at all. It's more like trying to justify spending the money. If you average a statue a month, you can afford it. I can afford it, but there's no way I would buy this or any other life-size figure because, IMHO, it's no worth it, at all.

If this thing excites you and you can possibly sell it later to your buddy, Thurston Howell the 4th, I am so completely overjoyed and happy for the both of you.

People have said that life-size figures like this are the ultimate display piece, and so on. My honest question is, where do you put one of these things and not have it seem like there's a guy in a costume just standing around in one of the rooms of your home?

Most people's living spaces aren't exactly designed like museum galleries, where a figure like this could be out in the middle of the floor, able to be observed without looking wildly out of place. Sticking Boba in a corner or against a wall seems like it's missing the point.

I think you're taking people's opinions personal, actually it's quite obvious. "Jokers" huh? Because they don't agree and think this is, just like, so totally awesome? FYI, you don't have to be wealthy to afford this at all. It's more like trying to justify spending the money. If you average a statue a month, you can afford it. I can afford it, but there's no way I would buy this or any other life-size figure because, IMHO, it's no worth it, at all.

If this thing excites you and you can possibly sell it later to your buddy, Thurston Howell the 4th, I am so completely overjoyed and happy for the both of you.

I think you just proved his point lol

100_1086_2.jpg

If you have someone willing to fork over serious coin for your Don Post Fett, I wouldn't hesitate and do it (before he finds out that he can have either a more accurate fan made Fett or the Sideshow piece).

If you are serious about having a Movie accurate Fett, in my opinion, I would suggest talking to the guys on the Dented Helmet. Or you can wait until you see final/non prototype pics of the Sideshow piece.

Here's a pic of my Fett that I am still working on:

fett_1_7_14_by_godaiking-d71cg56.jpg

All of the pieces were bought off TDH (and painted by me). One thing I am not sure of is if anyone does commissions for mannequin builds? Worth a shot to ask. :)

People have said that life-size figures like this are the ultimate display piece, and so on. My honest question is, where do you put one of these things and not have it seem like there's a guy in a costume just standing around in one of the rooms of your home?

Most people's living spaces aren't exactly designed like museum galleries, where a figure like this could be out in the middle of the floor, able to be observed without looking wildly out of place. Sticking Boba in a corner or against a wall seems like it's missing the point.

Hey....Different strokes for different folks.

I love my lifesize statue collection. Its what I gravitate to in my display room more than my toy collection (which is fairly big). And, I have a special room in my house with all of my collection in it. So it's not like I have these chilling in my living room or my bedroom (my wife would NOT be cool with that.).

There's nothing more impressive than life-size displays so I disagree with you 100% on them being epic only due to their price.

Agreed!

The busts are way more value for the money, imo.

I know my busts are, licensed and fan made too.

Yeah, because people who want accurate, movie quality replica statues have done exactly what you have posted. Its just that easy folks! :rotfl

I'm no Fett expert, nor Fett collector, but I'm curious about SS Fett accuracy though (especially for this price), since we know SS is not well known for accuracy, and the Han in Carbonite is far less accurate than Illusive Concept or fan made ones...

Although it's not "movie" accurate I am more than happy with my Fett life size bust. Awesome piece, great visual impact and $6500 cheaper!!!

Glad I got one before the sold out :)

I thought we agreed to disagree, but you seem to keep provoking the discussion so if anyone is taking this personal it's YOU!!! It's clear 1:1 stuff is not your focus so why do you keep posting in this thread anyway? Obviously your not going to buy this piece and you say have no interest in life-size statues so basically at this point you're just trolling looking to stir up something. I don't have the time or interest in carrying on with that so just drop it and move on to another thread as you are just wasting everyone's time.

more power to anyone lucky enough to get this or any lifesize item.

They are not for me though...I think about how many 1/4 scale statues or MR props I could get instead...

I love my lifesize statue collection. Its what I gravitate to in my display room more than my toy collection (which is fairly big). And, I have a special room in my house with all of my collection in it. So it's not like I have these chilling in my living room or my bedroom (my wife would NOT be cool with that.).

Ah, of course. Separate room it is. Guess I just need a bigger house ! :lol

Interested in seeing one of these, though I couldn't afford this thing at half the price... Good luck to those taking the plunge.

My wife isn't too thrilled with my Fett in the living room but whatever.
738076_4663076528524_591938927_o.jpg

I'm considering picking this one up too, I just have to see how much I spend on the trackcar this summer.

I thought we agreed to disagree, but you seem to keep provoking the discussion so if anyone is taking this personal it's YOU!!! It's clear 1:1 stuff is not your focus so why do you keep posting in this thread anyway? Obviously your not going to buy this piece and you say have no interest in life-size statues so basically at this point you're just trolling looking to stir up something. I don't have the time or interest in carrying on with that so just drop it and move on to another thread as you are just wasting everyone's time.

The last time I checked forums are places where people post differing opinions which, when someone disagrees with YOU, you call them a troll.
Put me, and everyone else who has their own/differing opinion, on ignore, and move on.

The last time I checked forums are places where people post differing opinions which, when someone disagrees with YOU, you call them a troll.
Put me, and everyone else who has their own/differing opinion, on ignore, and move on.

Don't worry, you're the only one I feel the need to put on Ignore. Everyone else here is fine.

Back