Boba Fett Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheaper to buy a Supreme Boba Fett costume, purchase a Mannequin and save yourself $6500.00. I know someone
that did that with a Deluxe Darth Vader costume and it looks great.

Cheaper to buy a Supreme Boba Fett costume, purchase a Mannequin and save yourself $6500.00. I know someone

I don't think you can get a proper mannequin and an accurate Boba Fett costume for $1k, but it can certainly be done for a lot less than $7500. I'm thinking about contacting someone over at TDH to see about getting one done rather than paying Sideshow's ridiculous prices.

These life size figures are only epic in one way...massively over-pricing a clothed mannequin.
If you're going to spend that much on a mannequin, you might as well buy one that might come to life...
MV5BMTM0ODkyMTIzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYzNzA2NA@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

I had posted in this thread here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?143395-ANOVOS-goes-into-Star-Wars-Costuming/page2

that you could potentially purchase one of the complete costumes and have it represent a 1:1 statue.

Now, for someone like Boba Fett, who happens to be completely covered in gear (helmet, gloves, boots), that's totally possible.

The added benefit would be that you could actually wear the costume for whatever function (Comic-con, Star Wars Celebration, Bar mitzvah, wedding, court appearance, etc) and still have about $5,000 left in your pockets.

I had that vader on a mannequin. It looked ok for the $400 it cost me for both the suit and the mannequin.

Got the suit on craigs list. (Guy was like know anyone that wants to buy a Chewbacca costume? No man I'm good with just the vader, thanks though :lol)

But he was only 6' tall and never got around to getting a taller mannequin.

I ended up selling the suit to some guy who told me to watch out for his new web site:

www.weddingsbyvader.com

I had that vader on a mannequin. It looked ok for the $400 it cost me for both the suit and the mannequin.

Got the suit on craigs list. (Guy was like know anyone that wants to buy a Chewbacca costume? No man I'm good with just the vader, thanks though :lol)

But he was only 6' tall and never got around to getting a taller mannequin.

I ended up selling the suit to some guy who told me to watch out for his new web site:

www.weddingsbyvader.com

:lecture You see!

Dressing up as Boba Fett at a wedding doesn't seem so far fetched anymore. :lol :rock

These life size figures are only epic in one way...massively over-pricing a clothed mannequin.
If you're going to spend that much on a mannequin, you might as well buy one that might come to life...

There's nothing more impressive than life-size displays so I disagree with you 100% on them being epic only due to their price.

These Life Size pieces are way overpriced. I hope Sideshow learns a lesson on greed.

Yeah, because people who want accurate, movie quality replica statues have done exactly what you have posted. Its just that easy folks! :rotfl

Back