Boba Fett Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Sideshow is releasing 1:1 Carbo Han, 1:1 Boba, 1:1 Yoda, 1:1 Vader (release date still pending), new 1:4 Boba and 1:4 Vader?!?! I'm screwed! Yeah this is probably causing some serious acid reflux for many of us collectors. I love the idea of owning 1:1 statues but for the price and inaccuracies, it can be a thorn in your ass... I bought the Sideshow 1:1 3PO and R2 back in 2009... I'm in Canada and it cost me about 12,000 for the pair (it was most definitely an impulse credit card move). I love collecting but have to say I was at the time very ignorant as to the materials used and the level of inaccuracies that are now so visible on these statues. i wouldn't want to have this happen again based on the price tag of Boba, but i have to say, he looks freakin' fantastic...

Maybe yoda...

So Sideshow is releasing 1:1 Carbo Han, 1:1 Boba, 1:1 Yoda, 1:1 Vader (release date still pending), new 1:4 Boba and 1:4 Vader?!?! I'm screwed! Yeah this is probably causing some serious acid reflux for many of us collectors. I love the idea of owning 1:1 statues but for the price and inaccuracies, it can be a thorn in your ass... I bought the Sideshow 1:1 3PO and R2 back in 2009... I'm in Canada and it cost me about 12,000 for the pair (it was most definitely an impulse credit card move). I love collecting but have to say I was at the time very ignorant as to the materials used and the level of inaccuracies that are now so visible on these statues. i wouldn't want to have this happen again based on the price tag of Boba, but i have to say, he looks freakin' fantastic...

Maybe yoda...

What were some of the inaccuracies of Sideshow's 1:1 droids if you don't mind going into it a bit? They must still be some impressive pieces to see in person. Some of these life-size figures are so amazing I would think you could even rent them out for parties and events to help pay for them. Though not without some great insurance coverage of course.

Griff,

I think the one thing this life-size Boba has going for it is that the whole thing was put together by members of The Dented Helmet so the inaccuracies that plagued 3PO and R2 shouldn't be an issue here. Having said that, my purchasing decision will be based on how well the painters in China get all the details on the finished product. The prototype is fantastic, but that doesn't guarantee the finished piece will be as good. We shall see.....

Hey gang.

I will upload some pictures of the droids. As for 3P0, the major issue is his eyes. He has a thick gold rim around each eye, which kinda' makes it look like he is wearing spectacles (a hogwarts edition, if you will...) What is so annoying about this flaw is there is no variation of this 3PO in the films, so it just looks like an error on the part of the designer... Two other issues are the number of indents on the halo around 3PO's head and his right arm is actually thicker than the shoulder socket, which looks odd... With regards to R2, the two vents at the centre of his body are crooked and spaced unevenly (each grill doesn't appear to be the same size and it looks they're held in place via a poor glue job.) R2's eye bugs me for the fact that it's not shiny, and it looks like a dull frosted plastic... I don't know much about polystone but these are made of polystone, which does seem to crack very easy. I set them up in 2009 and they have not moved since as I'm terrified they will break (they're extremely heavy). I have chatted with others who bought these back in the day and the cracking issue seemed to be a prominent one...

Brent, I completely hear you. I think this boba looks phenomenal and so does Vader. Didn't Gino help with these as well? He seems to know his ***** when it comes to accuracy, I gotta say...

I didn't work on fett but I did the entire vader.

Gino...what's up buddy?

I think everyone will be really pleased with the Vader Gino did for Sideshow....no question Gino is the best of the best when it comes to Vader...I had the honor of watching Gino set up the prototype at SDCC a couple of years ago...it was simply amazing

Agreed. I have the Sideshow Vader bust. It looks good, but the 1:1 full Vader looks epic!

Here's one. I feel the need to semi-retract my previous statement. They do have inaccuracies, but I'm still fond of 'em.

078.jpg

They do look good to the casual observer. I think R2 looks better simply because Sideshow's 3PO doesn't have the shiny gold finish like the Don Post version had. I'm of the opinion that he looks better cleaned up like at the end of ANH.

I was lucky enough to see the Don Post 3PO statue in person when the Star Wars In Concert came to Calgary. I remember they had a bunch of costumes and statues on display at the saddledome and the Don Post 3PO was there. It looked great and I've heard that to find one now would be rare and costly... I also heard it is super lightweight...

I was lucky enough to see the Don Post 3PO statue in person when the Star Wars In Concert came to Calgary. I remember they had a bunch of costumes and statues on display at the saddledome and the Don Post 3PO was there. It looked great and I've heard that to find one now would be rare and costly... I also heard it is super lightweight...

I'm pretty sure less than 100 were made and the last one I saw for sale had an asking price of $20k!

Gotta' say though, Sideshow Fett looks superior to Don Post Fett so far...

Gotta' say though, Sideshow Fett looks superior to Don Post Fett so far...

I totally agree. In fact, I like the Sideshow version so much that if the final product turns out exactly like the prototype I plan on selling my Don Post Fett so I can get it. :)

Not to derail, but patiently waiting on the eFX Fett Helmet. Gino???

Another piece I'm looking forward to buying. Unfortunately we have only just seen pics of the scout trooper helmet and that was without paint or decals applied so I wouldn't be surprised if the Boba legend is a looong way off :(.

Another piece I'm looking forward to buying. Unfortunately we have only just seen pics of the scout trooper helmet and that was without paint or decals applied so I wouldn't be surprised if the Boba legend is a looong way off :(.

An EFX product a long ways off. You don't say? :rolleyes:

We could always postpone announcing a product until its closer to being released, but generally we announce new product very early in the development process because most people are excited to know as soon as possible. If I had to choose between knowing super early, or having info withheld on purpose, I'd choose to know early. The down side of getting to know early is that then you are acutely aware of the time in between the announcement and the release.
Now as for speeding up the process of development and getting the factories to the goal line more quickly, that's mostly outside of our control.

Back