Blomkamp Aliens sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blomkamp/ Aliens (rejected project)

The best bit about A:R (really), is when Ripley clone PWNs Ron Perlman on the B-ball court.

Very cool. :lol

The scene where Ripley throws the basketball in the hoop while walking away actually happened. Sigourney talks about it on the making-of documentary.

What were the odds of that. If memory serves the ball goes out of frame in the shot.....makes you wonder. But why would they lie.

What were the odds of that. If memory serves the ball goes out of frame in the shot.....makes you wonder. But why would they lie.

I wonder if she was supposed to throw the ball out of frame so they could CG it coming back down through the hoop and it just happened to go in.

They addressed that in the interview, saying they wished they had got the full shot so people wouldn't doubt it. I believe Sigourney said they had to cut away from Ron Perlman because he came out of character and was cheering at her for making the goal.

I wonder if she was supposed to throw the ball out of frame so they could CG it coming back down through the hoop and it just happened to go in.

Probably.

They addressed that in the interview, saying they wished they had got the full shot so people wouldn't doubt it. I believe Sigourney said they had to cut away from Ron Perlman because he came out of character and was cheering at her for making the goal.

No doubt :lol

Sad thing for me is that, the basketball thing was the highlight of the film for me. :lol

And Winona Ryder...I had a huge crush on her.

The best bit about A:R (really), is when Ripley clone PWNs Ron Perlman on the B-ball court.

Very cool. :lol

Except for the one part where you can see the double sided tape on Sigourney's hand so that she could single handedly catch the ball. :lol

Why couldn't she have pulled it off? It was, what, 20 feet away? Unskilled, uncoordinated fans make half-court shots at basketball games all the time. It wasn't like she beat Jordan in a game of H-O-R-S-E.

They didn't look it to me. So this was never conceived as an immediate sequel to Aliens?

They didn't look it to me. So this was never conceived as an immediate sequel to Aliens?
Judging by the wrinkles/stress lines on Sigourney, I'd say she's at least supposed to be in her 50s in this concept art.

H7FRpWl.jpg

Niell Blomkamp is only 35-years-old...so unless he came up with this in his pre-teens I think it's safe to say they're supposed to be older.

Actually, from the link Rex provided:

Blomkamp told Uproxx that he began working on the Alien concept art during post-production on Chappie, which co-stars Alien legend Sigourney Weaver. After the two worked together on the film, Blomkamp envisioned his take on Alien with Weaver back as Ellen Ripley.

Excellent deduction. And yes now that I look at the art again they do look older. I guess it's viable then.

I'd like to see it. An alternate reality thing. I bet they'd still kill Hicks :lol

Aliens is a good conclusion of Ripley's story, but I would like one more with her to wipe Alien 3 and Resurrection out of the universe.

I give no ****s for Resurrection but Alien 3 I do like.

Still, it'd sure be nice to see Ripley and Hicks together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back