Blomkamp Aliens sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this ship has sailed. :(
:exactly: :lecture

At this point the only reasonable thing to do is to spin-off ALIENS w/o old characters.
No space jockeys, no origins of mystery that made ALIEN so perfect.
Just bad ass oldschool military versus xenomorphs, nothing more.

Re: Blomkamp/ Aliens (rejected project)

Alien 6: the battle of 5 different endings

Just bad ass oldschool military versus xenomorphs, nothing more.

23ij907.jpg

If Blomkamp did an Aliens movie, Sharlto Copley would play Hicks's son. And he'd side with the Aliens, who become freedom fighters who take on Weyland-Yutani and other intergalactic corporations. One of the Aliens, the lead guerrilla, would be wearing a Che beret and yet another Ripley clone would be CEO of W-Y.

If Blomkamp did an Aliens movie, Sharlto Copley would play Hicks's son. And he'd side with the Aliens, who become freedom fighters who take on Weyland-Yutani and other intergalactic corporations. One of the Aliens, the lead guerrilla, would be wearing a Che beret and yet another Ripley clone would be CEO of W-Y.

Sounds entertaining. Would pay to watch.

Or maybe have Rambo take down the Aliens with him being stabbed 90 times and drift into space Ala 2001.

Boom, kill 2 franchises in one. :lol

Rambo is supposed to be battling drug cartels and Predators in Mexico.

maybe in this blomkamp movie, Hicks will be played by clint eastwood.
original.jpg

i'd watch it.lolz

I guess I'm one of the few that think Alien 3 was awesome. It's was just different, and people freaked out. Now resurrection was pretty bad. Visually cool, but just bad.
As far as everybody dumping on Blomkamp. Have in mind, District 9 was his thing. Elysium was a studio driven film that he made just so he could continue for future projects he really wants to work on. George Clooney has gone on record many times, talking about doing sub-par studio movies, just so he can get the go ahead to do his own projects. It's a give a little, get a little process that they play. Blomkamp I'm sure would love nothing more than to do another District 9 (a sequel). I'm pretty sure it will come. People keep saying that his style is "the same". We'll I'll take it, because all the movies I see go in a science fiction based direction, always seem to fall short, therefore not really giving us a more believable environment where we all can look at it and say, "that seems legit". Blomkamp has, twice now.
But then again, all this is just my opinion.

the only thing i like about resurrection was the xenomorphs with chicken legs.
AR034.jpg

Hated the chicken legs in Resurrection. What was the explanation for that change, if there even was any?

I guess I'm one of the few that think Alien 3 was awesome. It's was just different, and people freaked out. Now resurrection was pretty bad. Visually cool, but just bad.
As far as everybody dumping on Blomkamp. Have in mind, District 9 was his thing. Elysium was a studio driven film that he made just so he could continue for future projects he really wants to work on. George Clooney has gone on record many times, talking about doing sub-par studio movies, just so he can get the go ahead to do his own projects. It's a give a little, get a little process that they play. Blomkamp I'm sure would love nothing more than to do another District 9 (a sequel). I'm pretty sure it will come. People keep saying that his style is "the same". We'll I'll take it, because all the movies I see go in a science fiction based direction, always seem to fall short, therefore not really giving us a more believable environment where we all can look at it and say, "that seems legit". Blomkamp has, twice now.
But then again, all this is just my opinion.

Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection weren't THAT bad. If Alien and Aliens were both four-star movies, Alien 3 and Resurrection were two-star movies at worst. What were people expecting, four great movies? What franchise can boast that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back