Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol

And I love how Scott blames "the beast" for Covenant's failure. Like it was only his genius that made us like Giger's **** design all along, lol.

He's not blaming the Xeno for the failure of Covenant, he's saying that it's played out and not threatening or interesting anymore. He's right, the Alien universe needs to move away from the Xeno. What's next, the "King" Alien, a Xeno made from an alien snake or mantis creature, more of Xenoripley or a new Newborne? Nope, not for me. I guess the only thing left to do that I might be interested in would be a whole world taken over by Xenos, but that's not really adding anything new to the Xeno. At least the Engineers, Pathogen, and David were interesting concepts, better than Blomkamp and his retarded Alien 3 remake.

So... is the third movie of the Prometheus trilogy really canned? I thought Ridley was just talking about it a month ago. The ending of Covenant certainly alluded to another movie. Oops lol

He's not blaming the Xeno for the failure of Covenant, he's saying that it's played out and not threatening or interesting anymore. He's right, the Alien universe needs to move away from the Xeno. What's next, the "King" Alien, a Xeno made from an alien snake or mantis creature, more of Xenoripley or a new Newborne? Nope, not for me. I guess the only thing left to do that I might be interested in would be a whole world taken over by Xenos, but that's not really adding anything new to the Xeno. At least the Engineers, Pathogen, and David were interesting concepts, better than Blomkamp and his retarded Alien 3 remake.

But if people didn’t show up to an Alien movie with Xeno’s I don’t think they will show up to one with just David.

While I'm glad that Covenant steered Scott away from BR 2049 I still really like it, lol. It's just a beautifully shot film with great visual effects, some pretty hardcore monster mayhem and some pretty decent performances by Fassbender, Waterston, and McBride. Are the characters often ridiculously foolish? Yep. But that alone didn't undermine the parts that I really liked.

The engineer angle was Interresting.
You could have that and the xeno.
Stupid Scott, just shoot and don't try to play writer.
And yeah COVENANT is pretty gorgeous to look at.
Would have loved to see Scott on BR2049 with Hampton Fancher script unchanged but he wouldn't help himself and probably ****ed it up.

But if people didn’t show up to an Alien movie with Xeno’s I don’t think they will show up to one with just David.

They wouldn't. Like I said earlier in the thread the Xeno is such an amazing design it can't be replaced easily within the same universe. Prometheus I think had the right mix, Engineers, the Pathogin, and David all the focus with the Xeno lurking in the story's implications and hinted at the end. Too bad Covenant pushed the Xeno to the forefront and the Engineers into the background.

Saw this finally on HBO over the weekend. Boy, was this bad. What the hell happened here? It's like some inside **** you to someone at Fox.

I thought I'd at least like the albino alien but even he sucked. And some of the worst alien SFX I've ever seen. Like that scene where the albino bites the girl washing herself. Ugh... looked like the movie suddenly leapt into animation -- like that Ah-Ha video.

Some pretty sets, some pretty shots... but what a disjointed and unconvincing world. Complete with cigarettes.

The only part I enjoyed was the prologue clip after the events of the previous film where David bombs the city. The rest of it is a disaster.

The entire Xeno sequence is abominable.

Back