Blomkamp Aliens sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blomkamp/ Aliens (rejected project)

Those drawings look great - but really.. it could end up like Terminator 5.. & who wants that. :lol

I say - nuke the whole thing from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

They need to a new Alien that starts at the beginning of Alien3, then cuts to Ripley waking up from a really bad dream. Cue the real sequel....

I had written a screenplay for the Alien franchise, and even I felt that I just needed to kill it. I think a reboot would have been great as well, honestly look at all other horror flicks with 9 different films. Like Halloween, I hate the Zombie ones but a **** ton of people still go for it.

Or they can pull the classic time travel and wipe **** down method. It worked in DoFP and more than likely what will go down with Terminator. It's a ****** card, but if can wipe away the terrible **** known as 3 and 4, I'm good.

As for 4 though, Weddon apparently was getting pissed on by the execs and why he said he hated doing the screenplay. Also Jeunet probably wasn't the best choice, it isn't his style. I really enjoy watching Amelie, but Alien was not his thing. That's like asking Matt Murdock to be a crossing guard.

Regardless if Blomkamp does the same ****, I'm for it. Can't deny he has a (repetitive) interesting style, and could reinvigorate this franchise from a different point.

This may have been promising. Fincher released a special version of Alien3 with the four movie dvd box set. It was'nt a directors cut, but rather his 'true' version of the film without interference by fox, it included some extra footage and an alternative host for the facehugger ( beast of burden ) instead of the con's dog.

This version explains things better and smooths over some of the plot holes that are evident.
Hicks was a great character, would have loved to see his return.

Love that edition but I don't think Fincher had anything to do with it being released - rather it was Fox itself that allowed it and allowed some pretty honest interviews in the documentaries.

Awesome Art by Geoffroy Thoorens
10890506_327553757454276_1937848591_n.jpg

And Doug Williams - maybe I'll go back to it ....love the world
10899090_1391074267859688_1222756462_n.jpg

You know it never occurred to me that Hicks would have facial scars. It didn't look to me like he got any acid on his face at the time....and yet he had bandages on at the end of the film. I'm confused.

You know it never occurred to me that Hicks would have facial scars. It didn't look to me like he got any acid on his face at the time....and yet he had bandages on at the end of the film. I'm confused.

Biehn8.jpg

w-weaver-and-biehn.jpg

Alien 3 (assembly cut) is an incredibly underrated movie and one of my all-time favorites, but I'd love to see this happen.

This is also probably the only way we could see Ripley again. I don't think an aged Resurrection Ripley would work very well. I've always been under the impression that with the alien DNA she wouldn't age, or at least not at a normal rate.

Not sure I trust Bomkamp though. District 9 was great, but Elysium was crap. I would have been much more excited if this concept was posted by say...Duncan Jones. While watching Moon I kept thinking he'd be perfect for an Alien film.

I always assumed that he was injured from inhaling fumes from the acid burning through his chest plate or something. I guess that doesn't make much sense for him to have a bandage on his face, though.

Maybe the way the scene was filmed didn't show the "acid" get on his face, but it was intended that he got burns on his face and chest. All subsequent ALIENS material that features Hicks usually depicts scars along his face from the burns. Especially the Dark Horse comics ALIENS sequel comic series in which Hicks plays a huge role and he has facial scars throughout it.

A lot of Aliens' fans are really divided about Alien 3 and reportedly, James Cameron was pissed that they killed off characters right in the beginning that he worked hard to establish. Michael Biehn even got paid because they used his likeness in Alien 3 without his permission. He too said he would've liked playing Hicks again. But what's done is done. I think Alien 3 did a good job closing the story about Ellen Ripley but they really messed up when James Cameron expanded the whole Xeno-universe with ALIENS (kind of like Predator 2 expanded the culture of the Predator race).

Looks like Blomkamp fell into the camp of Alien fans who wanted to forget Alien 3 and Resurrection and I don't blame him. I really wonder what he was trying to propose here and it would be interesting to hear what his story was about, especially explaining how Hicks survived. I don't really think ALIEN needs any sort of reboot because you can take different characters and establish them in their own stories and confrontations with the Xenomorphs. Most of the ALIEN series has been about the conflict of a small group of people with the Xenomorphs and nothing on a "grand scale" like a possible Earth invasion which has happened in novels and comics based on the series. I hope eventually Fox gets their act together and gives this franchise some respect again.

Yeah, nothing apparent here:

But then, as in Bardoon's pics and here.......

And of course he's holding a gauze to his face when he says ''don't be gone long Ellen'' and has bandages later.

BloodDragon.jpg

Maybe the way the scene was filmed didn't show the "acid" get on his face, but it was intended that he got burns on his face and chest. All subsequent ALIENS material that features Hicks usually depicts scars along his face from the burns. Especially the Dark Horse comics ALIENS sequel comic series in which Hicks plays a huge role and he has facial scars throughout it.

A lot of Aliens' fans are really divided about Alien 3 and reportedly, James Cameron was pissed that they killed off characters right in the beginning that he worked hard to establish. Michael Biehn even got paid because they used his likeness in Alien 3 without his permission. He too said he would've liked playing Hicks again. But what's done is done. I think Alien 3 did a good job closing the story about Ellen Ripley but they really messed up when James Cameron expanded the whole Xeno-universe with ALIENS (kind of like Predator 2 expanded the culture of the Predator race).

Looks like Blomkamp fell into the camp of Alien fans who wanted to forget Alien 3 and Resurrection and I don't blame him. I really wonder what he was trying to propose here and it would be interesting to hear what his story was about, especially explaining how Hicks survived. I don't really think ALIEN needs any sort of reboot because you can take different characters and establish them in their own stories and confrontations with the Xenomorphs. Most of the ALIEN series has been about the conflict of a small group of people with the Xenomorphs and nothing on a "grand scale" like a possible Earth invasion which has happened in novels and comics based on the series. I hope eventually Fox gets their act together and gives this franchise some respect again.

Michael Biehn was in Phoenix last month and I had chance to talk to him for about 20 minutes. He was very humble and laid back. I asked about Alien 3 and he told me the whole story. The studio was originally going to kill Hicks by way of a chest burster and that's how he found out about them using his likeness. He contacted the studio, raised some hell and even read Fincher the riot act over the phone. In the end they paid him huge amount of money, half what he made on Aliens, and the film moved forward. I could tell that he really loved Hicks and all of the other characters that played.

Michael Biehn was in Phoenix last month and I had chance to talk to him for about 20 minutes. He was very humble and laid back. I asked about Alien 3 and he told me the whole story. The studio was originally going to kill Hicks by way of a chest burster and that's how he found out about them using his likeness. He contacted the studio, raised some hell and even read Fincher the riot act over the phone. In the end they paid him huge amount of money, half what he made on Aliens, and the film moved forward. I could tell that he really loved Hicks and all of the other characters that played.

Awesome!!!

I hope Cameron gets him a role in the upcoming AVATAR sequels. I'd like to see him on the big screen again. I know most of his flicks nowadays are small budget flicks but I always enjoyed the diversity of roles he played. From the good guys (Hicks, Reese) to the crazed (Military guy from The Abyss) to the bad (Johnny Ringo from Tombstone).

I don't blame Fincher for ALIEN 3. It was really the studio pushing it and all the craziness involved around the film I'm surprised it got made. I'm sure if Fox Execs could go back in time, we'd get a much different ALIEN 3 but I do regard Fox's mistake of not resigning Cameron (who reportedly was working on ideas for ALIEN 3) AND killing off ALIENS characters like Hicks as one of the biggest cinema franchise blunders of all time. This recent showing of concept work shows that Fox may have been thinking down along those lines and retconning ALIEN 3.

This also smells oddly fishy like the Deadpool "leak". So I hope the fan feedback is positive enough for Fox to start reconsidering an Alien film with this direction.

tumblr_mzqpjzwlcK1s8ln08o1_500_zps2318e973.jpg

Last edited:

It's too late for this franchise. Just like Terminator, there's been too much crap and over-exposure. The Alien isn't scary anymore. I'm also not sure how I'd feel about Alien 3 being retconned out of canon - I eventually got over Hicks and Newt being killed off screen and that was my only reason for not liking that film originally.

ALIEN 6: Paradox Edition

"We stopped Hadley's Hope from discovering the derelict but Hicks keeps sending back Queens. He's out of his mind."

Awesome!!!

I hope Cameron gets him a role in the upcoming AVATAR sequels. I'd like to see him on the big screen again. I know most of his flicks nowadays are small budget flicks but I always enjoyed the diversity of roles he played. From the good guys (Hicks, Reese) to the crazed (Military guy from The Abyss) to the bad (Johnny Ringo from Tombstone).

I don't blame Fincher for ALIEN 3. It was really the studio pushing it and all the craziness involved around the film I'm surprised it got made. I'm sure if Fox Execs could go back in time, we'd get a much different ALIEN 3 but I do regard Fox's mistake of not resigning Cameron (who reportedly was working on ideas for ALIEN 3) AND killing off ALIENS characters like Hicks as one of the biggest cinema franchise blunders of all time. This recent showing of concept work shows that Fox may have been thinking down along those lines and retconning ALIEN 3.

This also smells oddly fishy like the Deadpool "leak". So I hope the fan feedback is positive enough for Fox to start reconsidering an Alien film with this direction.

View attachment 155927

If that's you with Sigourney, then you are my hero. She's my favorite ever! :D

Nah, it's Neil Blomkamp.

It's too late for this franchise. Just like Terminator, there's been too much crap and over-exposure. The Alien isn't scary anymore. I'm also not sure how I'd feel about Alien 3 being retconned out of canon - I eventually got over Hicks and Newt being killed off screen and that was my only reason for not liking that film originally.
That's basically what I said earlier - this ship has sailed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back