Blomkamp Aliens sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blomkamp/ Aliens (rejected project)

Hated the chicken legs in Resurrection. What was the explanation for that change, if there even was any?

That was my problem with the Aliens in Resurrection. They came out of humans so they should have looked like the xenos from Alien or Aliens. The AR xenos had more in common with the Dog Alien than the others. But I never got why the xenos looked different in Aliens from Alien from a story perspective.

With regards to Blomkamp doing an Alien film, I could get behind it. I think the xeno helmet thing looks stupid but these are just ideas. I would love a badass Alien film again. I wish I had more excitement for Prometheus 2, but I just can't get excited over Ridley Scotts decision to move away from the classic Alien and focus on the Engineers. Never thought I would say they need to get rid of Ridley Scott from this project because I was so excited for his return to science fiction, but Fox should hire somebody who wants to steer the ship back on course so to speak. They should do what they used to do and hire an up and coming director with a fresh take on the material. It worked for Scott, James Cameron and David Fincher.

But I never got why the xenos looked different in Aliens from Alien from a story perspective.

James Cameron explained it on one of the ALIENS documentaries years ago but I've long since forgotten it. :lol I feel like it had something to do with the xenos in Hadley's Hope coming from a different Queen than the one that ended up on the Nostromo.

I personally prefer the Drone Big Chap Xeno, to the Warrior version. Aliens is fantastic, but I don't like how instead of just being engineered, Cameron turned them into a race of creatures.

damn, redneck cuzinfookin xenos. that's why.

Hated the chicken legs in Resurrection. What was the explanation for that change, if there even was any?

The DNA from Ripley and the Queen was fragmented.

They used chicken DNA to fill in the gaps.

The DNA from Ripley and the Queen was fragmented.

They used chicken DNA to fill in the gaps.

NIx0i4U.jpg

James Cameron explained it on one of the ALIENS documentaries years ago but I've long since forgotten it. :lol I feel like it had something to do with the xenos in Hadley's Hope coming from a different Queen than the one that ended up on the Nostromo.

Yeah, feel like it had something to do design wise because he loved the detail under the dome so much he didn't want to cover it. And fair enough. That's a small thing compared to the AR Xeno differences. You can definitely tell when Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff took over designing the creature effects. I still like them, just from a story perspective it doesn't make much sense. But oh well. If the Aliens always looked the same it would get boring. And they couldn't bleed collectors dry getting each one different one :lol

I thought A:R was OK until the last act with the potato shaped vag belly alien. Nuke the fridge.

yeah, it went down hill pretty fast. wtf were they thinking approving that pos thingie...lolz

That was my problem with the Aliens in Resurrection. They came out of humans so they should have looked like the xenos from Alien or Aliens. The AR xenos had more in common with the Dog Alien than the others. But I never got why the xenos looked different in Aliens from Alien from a story perspective.

With regards to Blomkamp doing an Alien film, I could get behind it. I think the xeno helmet thing looks stupid but these are just ideas. I would love a badass Alien film again. I wish I had more excitement for Prometheus 2, but I just can't get excited over Ridley Scotts decision to move away from the classic Alien and focus on the Engineers. Never thought I would say they need to get rid of Ridley Scott from this project because I was so excited for his return to science fiction, but Fox should hire somebody who wants to steer the ship back on course so to speak. They should do what they used to do and hire an up and coming director with a fresh take on the material. It worked for Scott, James Cameron and David Fincher.

I've read that they decided the Aliens xeno's were more mature and their domes fall away. Nothing really contradicts this idea, the chestburster seen in Aliens has a smooth head like the '79 version while the adult Aliens had been around for a while by the time the marines reached LV-426.

Dunno 'bout ''fresh takes'' on the existing Alien - I mean that's kinda what I hate - when someone new comes in and makes something that doesn't feel or look consistent with what went before.

I've been going through the Blu Rays the past week, and I finished A:R earlier... it's so bad on so many levels. Even when I saw it as a dumb kid, I hated it.

I thought A:R was OK until the last act with the potato shaped vag belly alien.

Which we were apparently supposed to weep for as it got sucked out into space. Such a bizarre movie.

I was pretty much on board with it until the one guy pulled out his own brain and looked at it.

I cry every time the Newborn gets sucked out of the Betty.

tumblr_migmbxYWUI1qjutm4o1_500.gif

Which we were apparently supposed to weep for as it got sucked out into space. Such a bizarre movie.

I was pretty much on board with it until the one guy pulled out his own brain and looked at it.

Been awhile since I attempted to watch it but I think there was stuff prior to that which I just couldn't accept in an Alien movie.

I've read that they decided the Aliens xeno's were more mature and their domes fall away. Nothing really contradicts this idea, the chestburster seen in Aliens has a smooth head like the '79 version while the adult Aliens had been around for a while by the time the marines reached LV-426.

Dunno 'bout ''fresh takes'' on the existing Alien - I mean that's kinda what I hate - when someone new comes in and makes something that doesn't feel or look consistent with what went before.

That's about the best explanation I have heard for the head differences. Would have never thought of that...but it makes complete sense as the Aliens were there for awhile before the marines showed up.

As for a new vision....I just think someone with a passion for the material who has fresh eyes could benefit the series. Not so much design wise or anything, but that's what the Alien series used to be known for was finding a new upcoming filmmaker. Or the series is played out and it's beating a dead horse at this point. I just keep hoping for ONE more great Alien film. After Resurrection and the AVP films, the series deserves one more film to go out on a high note.

And I liked Prometheus...just wish it had more of an impact and didn't feel so like Fox was trying to start a new series. It was supposed to be the prequel to Alien. Wish it would have stayed that way.

I've been going through the Blu Rays the past week, and I finished A:R earlier... it's so bad on so many levels. Even when I saw it as a dumb kid, I hated it.

Yeah Resurrection is a terrible movie. I was okay with some of it, but the tone was all wrong. The only character I liked was Michael Wincott's character (can't even be bothered to remember his characters name) and he died way too soon. I consider A:R fan fiction at best....

As for a new vision....I just think someone with a passion for the material who has fresh eyes could benefit the series. Not so much design wise or anything, but that's what the Alien series used to be known for was finding a new upcoming filmmaker. Or the series is played out and it's beating a dead horse at this point. I just keep hoping for ONE more great Alien film. After Resurrection and the AVP films, the series deserves one more film to go out on a high note.

A great dream shared also by Terminator fans. Alas it won't happen at this point. These franchises aren't Batman or James Bond or Star Trek where there could always be a great film around the corner because you're not limited to one creature, one continuity etc. Alien and Terminator had their run of quality but too many studio execs and hack writers and directors have since pissed in the soup that no one who perhaps could give us anything decent wants to touch these franchises now.

Also if one last good film did actually happen it wouldn't be the last film. They'd try to tack more on and just restart the cycle of diminishing returns.

I cry every time the Newborn gets sucked out of the Betty.

tumblr_migmbxYWUI1qjutm4o1_500.gif

:lol such an over the top scene. Did the newborn really needs bewbz?

That's about the best explanation I have heard for the head differences. Would have never thought of that...but it makes complete sense as the Aliens were there for awhile before the marines showed up.

And I liked Prometheus...just wish it had more of an impact and didn't feel so like Fox was trying to start a new series. It was supposed to be the prequel to Alien. Wish it would have stayed that way.

One more with Ripley, after Aliens should definitely happen at some point.

One thing that pissed me off to no end with A:R, was that Weyland Yutani got bought out... by ****ing Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back