Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit I'll take a written review over a video. A little more thought has to be put into it when you write it. I suppose you could edit the video.
I understand we are toy collectors and that in of itself has a level of dork inherited in it, but some of the things that come out of people's mouths in these reviews.

For me it's more the inept way a lot of these reviewers handle a video camera than what they have to say that irritates me. Sure there are good reviews out there, but from what I've sampled, few of them could shoot their way out of a paper bag. Photo reviews don't get away with poor focus, poor exposure and overall image dodginess, but somehow every two-bit idiot with a handycam thinks they'd like to have a crack at a review and nobody rags on them for fear of upsetting them. Learn when to and when not to use auto-exposure and auto-focus. Buy a freakin' tripod. It's not hard. The best ones that I can recall are those done by Goodshipped, but there are a few other ones out there that really sell the figure well. The rest are just mostly hacks self-flagellating over their latest acquisition but with little interest in making the figure look great.

Theres actually quite a few great reviewers on Youtube....its just hard to find them.
Blade is one of my favourite video reviewers.

For me it's more the inept way a lot of these reviewers handle a video camera than what they have to say that irritates me. Sure there are good reviews out there, but from what I've sampled, few of them could shoot their way out of a paper bag. Photo reviews don't get away with poor focus, poor exposure and overall image dodginess, but somehow every two-bit idiot with a handycam thinks they'd like to have a crack at a review and nobody rags on them for fear of upsetting them. Learn when to and when not to use auto-exposure and auto-focus. Buy a freakin' tripod. It's not hard. The best ones that I can recall are those done by Goodshipped, but there are a few other ones out there that really sell the figure well. The rest are just mostly hacks self-flagellating over their latest acquisition but with little interest in making the figure look great.

:1-1: agree on all fronts.
I guess it's like when people post pics to be the first to post pics (and I'm guilty of that too). However, the pics don't bother me because they're not necessarily trying to review the figure. The focus (literally and figuratively) is also an issue because they don't focus on the figure. "Here, check out the fine details on the head sculpt." And they shove the figure into the camera and you can't see a goddamn thing.

Haha oh yeah some of the videos I've seen remind me of the freaking Blare Witch Project!

So tempted to just click the buy button over on OSB, I've been hovering over it for days now. My buying has laid dormant pretty much since getting DX Joker over a year and a half ago now, not counting a few smaller purchases, and now in the past few days I've bought the Hot Toys Friend figure, and there's so many other figures I want that are just staring me in the face. I almost just feel like blowing a ton of the money I've been saving (for no good reason), and just getting everything I want. It's going to become quite a downward spiral if I give into all of my temptations. How, oh how, do people afford this hobby =(

Awesome First figure from this company...Don't know if I missed it in this thread, but as long as they took with this figure, how long before there next figure comes out? seems this is like a small team they have less then enterbay's crew...Hot toys producing 2-3 figures within 2 months.:dunno Anyone know what there next in line is?

Well,i finally got this bad boy in my possession and WOW!:yess:Everything from this figure is Hot Toys quality.I don't know how they achieved that maybe they're using the same production factory,i don't know and i don't care.The only problems,which are small ones, is the sock issue but i'm sure i can score a pair on TA and the left hand has the watch sculpted on it causing some restriction of the wrist peg bending but these are minor tiffs.SORRY for the lousy PICS. but i didn't really have a chance to futz with him but as soon as i come home from work i'm a say hello to my little friend!:lolTHIS FIGURE IS AWESOME!!:wink1:

Speaking with the CEO..

I wanted to increase my orders, but was unable to!! Sold out!!
It's most likely the run is finished and they are not sure if they will produce more.... May concentrate on the next figure :)

Well,i finally got this bad boy in my possession and WOW!:yess:Everything from this figure is Hot Toys quality.I don't know how they achieved that maybe they're using the same production factory,i don't know and i don't care.The only problems,which are small ones, is the sock issue but i'm sure i can score a pair on TA and the left hand has the watch sculpted on it causing some restriction of the wrist peg bending but these are minor tiffs.SORRY for the lousy PICS. but i didn't really have a chance to futz with him but as soon as i come home from work i'm a say hello to my little friend!:lolTHIS FIGURE IS AWESOME!!:wink1:

:clap:hi5: Any chance you can post more pics when you get the time?
Looks amazing!

Ive only been collecting a short while, but has anyone seen this happen where a new company comes out makes an excellent figure, like this, then either the company closes or the 2nd fig is a bust? I'm just wondering what the odds are that BW will deliver another amazing fig in round 2.

Last edited:
Back