Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very bad news for all collectors with broken orcs, I´m angry at this moment. I payed for my orc, and I want it without any fault.

"Recently, we have received an allotment of replacement bodies for this piece. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have found that these new replacement bodies do not fit properly into the base for the figure. Because of this, we will not be able to provide you with a Black Orc replacement body. We understand the disappointment this may cause you and we want to work with you to make it right.

If you decide to keep your Black Orc Premium Format Figure we can offer you a $50.00 partial refund directly to the credit card on the order or we can apply the credit directly to any future or pending order. Just provide an order number or item that you want to order and we can get everything taken care of for you. "

If they don´t replace me the body, I won´t buy any more statue from Sideshow. That´s a fact

That is very bad new Elfstone. :( :gah: :monkey2

Thanks for passing this on. :hi5:

There are quite a few of us here waiting for replacements. :mad:

Do you know if Sideshow intend to see if they can sort out the bad fit problem - or is the $50.00 partial refund the only option open to those concerned? :dunno

This sucks! :mad::mad::mad:

:duff
Bill

Partial refund, $50 or
Total refund, those are the choices.

Total refund is a customs taxes refund? I payed 427$ for the piece, 50$ is what I had in reward points when I ordered Gimli, not enough for me if I had to repair the broken statue

Today I knew a colleague had two bodies, he asked for a replacement of the orc head and Sideshow shipped him the head and the body, he noticed the body didn´t fit on the base, he destroyed the body. He thinks, now, it is possible to retool the pin to adjust it.

Sideshow is not working on resolving the bad fit problem, it´s really a shame because it´s Sideshow fault and not mine and Sideshow must give me a satisfactory resolution.

Im confused, they still have the regular edition in stock. Why don't they just send one of those along?

:slap just trying to help the guy out, he's getting screwed by sideshow, not like he broke the statue himself.

Nobody is being screwed. The replacements have issues that I'm sure SS isn't happy with either. This is a bad deal for everyone truthfully.

Who is suggesting fraud? I'm not even sure where you are reading this. I noted they still have this piece in stock. Why don't they send a completely new statue out and let the guy keep the exclusive parts? I guess that would make a frankenstein of a piece. Plus for foreign buyers they are getting screwed by SS QC issues. A 50 dollar credit is a joke and a full refund impossible given the customs and shipping costs foreign buyers must pay.

So SS orders replacement parts from China and they mess those up as well so SS says, screw it, here's 50 bucks. That's a proper response in your opinion? Make it right. None of the issues are the buyer's fault. They need to sculpt pieces that can withstand shipping better, package products better, and deal with factor paint issues (the hardest of the lot) to deal with what must be skyrocketing costs from all of these mistakes.

It was in something I deleted so now it probably doesn't make sense to anyone jumping in afterwards.

josh, i dont think what i said is fraud. Put yourself in his shoes, your lotr exclusive statue you paid $300+(much more for international) comes with a broken body, ss tells you nope cant do anything take $50 or get a refund, meanwhile this statue is soldout and going for 2x on ebay and they have plenty of good bodies in stock in the regular edition.

Would you be ok with that? it's not right what sideshow is doing. And what i said isnt fraud at all, it's just another way to return the bad statue to sideshow. Actually call up the customer service rep, tell them exactly what i said and see what happens...

The fault is with ss, the buyer didnt break the statue himself...

It is fraud. That's just the simple fact of it all. You're claiming something that wasn't broke was. It's a bad deal as I said for everyone that the pegs on the new bodies won't fit. The customer is losing out on an awesome statue and SS is losing out on $ they have to refund.

Sending out bodies from the regular versions that are still in stock is a reasonable request... Screwing the customers with a BS credit or refund is just wrong in this situation....... I don't see why this topic needs MODeration.....:dunno

That wasn't what I moderated. If SS decided to do that then fine by me but as I said I didn't take anything out about that or wasn't talking about that. :)

Back