Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With LOTR though clearly the maquettes are the way to go with representation. I wouldn't be surprised if RWOS was the last PF for awhile and frankly it wouldn't phase me at all.

For me I will always go for the PFs, they have such a great presence in a room and really are the focal points of my room. While I absolutely love the statue line and will try to collect them all...the PFs are just EPIC (if done right) and in my eyes are the ultimate representation of a character in all their detail and glory.

Seeing as the PF line appears to be dwindling :( I am hoping for at least 3 of these 4 - Saruman, Gimli, Boromir and Theoden to released before the line is put to bed.

well, I could be wrong here, but it looks like the statue line is no as hot or popular as it seems...hopefully with the release of The Hobbit Trailer (around the coming Christmas according to reports) will help ignite LOTR mania

Do you mean the statue line (maquettes) or LOTR in general? Surely some up tick will occur come 6 months time. Just think, with Dec 2012 approaching we MUST see pics of Hobbit product at SDCC this year. When will they announce more merchandising licenses already??

But here's the thing. LOTR got me here and keeps me here. But as I look around more and more I find my interest waning just slightly in the LOTR stuff. Or perhaps I should say my eye is wandering a bit more. The reality is that other licenses have a certain pop to them. I was always a fantasy genre die hard but I see more and more of what product is out there and things like these maquettes feel just a little vanilla, just a little flat.

I mean I'm not about buy the Wolf Predator LSF but look at the dynamism in that thing versus, say, the Gandalf PF.

Although today for the first time ever I watch listed the Moria Orc and Berserker PFs. History suggests this is a bad sign for the bank account. I could see me getting the PF baddies and Fellowship maquettes. I like that actually.

I don't think that the Premium Format pace has really slipped much given the history of the line. This is the first time that I can remember since starting my collection of PFs that I don't have an item on order, but we do know that a Ringwraith on Steed is coming, and likely coming very soon. The pace for the Premium Format line has been consistent at just about two figures per year, but I would be okay if they scaled that back to allow for the more expensive RWOS to fill the calendar next year. That being said, I hope that we see some more news soon, especially some sneak previews or answers in the Ask Sideshow section that let us know what is coming down the line for the Premium Format range. In terms of villians, I would be happy with the RWOS and Saruman. I feel like the Black Orc rounds out the different varieties of monsters pretty well. I still hope that the Fellowship gets completed in this line though, and we see a return to the more heroic characters after the Ringwraith on Steed.

Yes this piece is definitely top notch and was my first LOTR PF purchase. I'm still waiting for SSC to get back to me about my broken statue. :impatient:

Got mine yesterday. Looks good, got no complaints. I didn't have a chance to do a detailed look over but I did notice the shoes don't have any dirt on them. From the preview picks they look dirty and rusty but in reality they are clean black and silver.

For me the PF line is the premium LoTR line. I certainly hope we see Gimili and Boromir in the near future. The RWOS will be epic along with Sauron. Hell I'd love a Saruman too LOL.

I think my beef with the PF line is that earlier offerings were done so long ago now that they feel less fresh than the recent offerings. Maybe I just really dislike the Frodo and Legolas PFs, and Aragorn too I suppose. Compare these to gollum, GTG, and the new orc and its clear SS have upped their game I think.

I think my beef with the PF line is that earlier offerings were done so long ago now that they feel less fresh than the recent offerings. Maybe I just really dislike the Frodo and Legolas PFs, and Aragorn too I suppose. Compare these to gollum, GTG, and the new orc and its clear SS have upped their game I think.

I have to say I can't agree with you on the Aragorn PF cstojano.

The only issue I had was his eyes. Once I sorted them out, for me, he is a very nice PF.

Aragorn_full_side.jpg

Aragorn_full.jpg

Aragonr_full_front.jpg

Aragorn_3-4_R_Port.jpg

Aragorn_3-4_L_Port.jpg

I did a little bit of work on his beard after I took these pics and now he looks even better, imho.

:duff
Bill

Holy ^^^^!!!
That's one of the best SSC's product paint apps that I've ever seen! All those details on teeth/eyes/around the eyes area! And overall work on the skin is fantastic too! You can even see the imperfections imitation on that pic!
That sure is one of the best products of the year from Sideshow!
And again LoTR collector's got the grail in PF line!

Holy ^^^^!!!
That's one of the best SSC's product paint apps that I've ever seen! All those details on teeth/eyes/around the eyes area! And overall work on the skin is fantastic too! You can even see the imperfections imitation on that pic!
That sure is one of the best products of the year from Sideshow!
And again LoTR collector's got the grail in PF line!

:hi5:

+1

Back