Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my WL EX just converted so I am looking forward to displaying him next to the Lurtz EX I got last week.

Amazing PF.
Another home run in the LOTR PF departement.

It was a gerat year for lOT PF's, three great bad guy sin a row, but now we have nothing ...

Bring on the next order !

Good to hear... I wonder what SS has up their sleeve for the next release..

My guess is the next PF will be the RWOS.

I hope SS announces another PF as well. I relaize that the LOTR line will never match Sideshow's cash cow Marvel line in terms of PF releases, but two a year isn't too much to ask for, I hope.

Unfortunately, I think I'm priced out of the RWOS PF. I can afford it, but with two young daughters, it's hard for me to justify spending over $500 on a piece.

It's funny, when I first started collecting Sideshow stuff via the old Sideshow Weta collaboration, I was a poor college senior / soon to be recent college graduate making peanuts out of school. I had to pass on many a piece since I couldn't afford it. Now that my income has tripled since my first job out of college, I still have to pass on things and can't get all the things I want. :lol

I still can't wrap my mind around the size of the RWOS PF if it's truly a full 1/4th horse and all.....:google

Back on topic though.... Diggin that neck scar...

Yeah, that neck scar is an awesome tocuh, like the open wounds on the Uruk Berserker PF. The pictures from teh WetaCollectors site ishow it clearer, and it's almost a tad too much, approaching zombie territory...unless I recall incorrectly, there is still some stitching in the scar, no?

Seriously everything is just about perfect on this one, esp the weathering which is something that has kinda struggled in the line (*cough Moria Orc*). :hi5:

Ahhh.... The X-Mas Orc.....:slap

You know, in the grand scheme of the things, that bright red they used is not that bad. It's not a clusterf--k in the vein of the Rogue PF debacle.

Amazing PF.
Another home run in the LOTR PF departement.

It was a gerat year for lOT PF's, three great bad guy sin a row, but now we have nothing ...

Bring on the next order !

I passed on the Morgul Lord and cancelled my EX order. I wish Sideshow could have executed what could have been my favorite piece in the PF line better.

Sold my Gollum EX. Great PF, but I like PFs that use more media. Hopefully we'll see Gollum in the maquette line as well so I can pick him up then.

orc3.jpg

Are you going to return the head? The orc has the Rogue PF look too.

orc3.jpg

Are you going to return the head? The orc has the Rogue PF look too.

Are you being facetious, or was that an actual question?

The googly eyes make the orc look more feral (and the eyes don't even look that googly to me).

The problem with Rogue's head was not only googly eyes in some cases, but the fact that the eyeball outside of the pupils was not painted entirely white, making her look sickly. On the Black Orc Scout, the yellow gives the orc a jaundiced, diseased look.

Last edited:
Rogue is supposed to be beautiful. Googly eyes don't allow that to happen.

Orc is supposed to by ugly/scary, Googly eyes work for this.

I have to say though, In a strange way, I find the Lurtz PF attractive. Must be the tonned body and the flowing hair.

Ha! Sideshow eye strikes again! Unbelievable.

But the head on the exclusive is much better. Not sure i like the blue orc though, but it is done well, from an outsider looking in.

On the prototype, the right eye was to the left while the right one was more centered. In the production piece it looks like the left eye was the more centered of the two.

Still looks ok to me, not a big deal in this case. Especially if it's not zoomed in 1000x. But I'll reserve further judgement until mine arrives.

blackOrcOfMordorPF_05.jpg

My Black Orc Scout was scheduled to be delivered today. Only problem was that my company was closed today in observance of Veteran's Day. But I didn't want to wait until Monday for re-delivery, so I drove to my office building and waited for UPS. I was sitting at my desk looking out the window and I saw Fed Ex come and go. I knew deliveries are made between 10:00 and 11:00, so on a lark I went down from the second floor to the lobby. Good thing I did. As I stepped out of the elevator, I saw the UPS truck though the lobby doors...but he was parked at the front of the building, not the back of the building where I am seated and deliveries are usually made. I quickly rushed through the doors as he started his truck (he was about to leave!) and waved him down. :yess:

I'm so glad I did. This PF is fantastic, and the first I have kept since Gandalf. The Morgul Lord was a disappointment to me and I cancelled my EX order (though I would have picked up the regular at the fantastic WB shop sale a while back had I not missed it), and while Gollum / Smeagol was a great sculpt and a great value, it didn't wow me, so I sold him.

This orc wows me. Now I know some of you (maybe all of you) will think I'm crazy to prefer a nameless orc over one of the lynchpins of the entire LOTR trilogy in Gollum / Smeagol, but as far as PFs, I do. Can't explain it. There just something about a menacing orc captured in attack mode that does it for me.

And I'm not too sure but I think I may have done this when I took him off the base and work as he was hard to get off.
Now I'm off to create the missing end of his spike thing on his boot.

break1.jpg

Fremen, while that spike does look somewhat chipped on your picture, I inspected mine and that very boot spike on the plant foot is flattened, not pointy like the other spike. Perhaps it's supposed to be that way? :dunno

On the prototype, the right eye was to the left while the right one was more centered. In the production piece it looks like the left eye was the more centered of the two.

Still looks ok to me, not a big deal in this case. Especially if it's not zoomed in 1000x. But I'll reserve further judgement until mine arrives.

blackOrcOfMordorPF_05.jpg

The eye is a non issue. Yes, it is not perfectly centered like the prototype, but it looks good on this piece, giving teh orc a wild, feral look, as it should. In addition the googly eyes and the yellow jaundiced color I mention in a previous post, there is a slight red paint applied to make teh eyes look bloodshot.

All in all, a great PF, and I can't wait until the next LOTR PF announcement.

Fremen, while that spike does look somewhat chipped on your picture, I inspected mine and that very boot spike on the plant foot is flattened, not pointy like the other spike. Perhaps it's supposed to be that way? :dunno

Well Opps then cause

b90fec81.jpg

:(

Are you going to post some photos of yours? :pray:

I received mine yesterday and it was broken. :mad: The pony tail on the exclusive head and the horns on the back of the right forearm were broken. This is my first LOTR PF and I have contacted SSC for a replacement. I gotta say this is one of the best looking PF I’ve seen yet. :peace

Edition #141/500 just arrived! No time to setup for display but a quick check shows no missing or damaged parts. Awesome!

In case anyone would like to know how Sideshow packed this figure, here's a quick pic of the figure in the box.

LOR-PF-BlackOrcScout-002.jpg

I cannot not wait to receive this statue and put it up for display. Sideshow did a great job overall with this one.

Edition #141/500 just arrived! No time to setup for display but a quick check shows no missing or damaged parts. Awesome!

In case anyone would like to know how Sideshow packed this figure, here's a quick pic of the figure in the box.

LOR-PF-BlackOrcScout-002.jpg

Congrats toystales, :wave

Looking forward to seeing the display pics now...well you didn't think we were going to let you away with just one pic of it packaged...did you! :1-1:

:duff
Bill

Congrats toystales, :wave

Looking forward to seeing the display pics now...well you didn't think we were going to let you away with just one pic of it packaged...did you! :1-1:

:duff
Bill

Thanks Bill.

Sure, I will post display pictures soon. This is a very nice piece and I definitely have no regrets with this purchase. :)

Back