Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodsy, do you have an insider scoop about the preorder timeline for Sauron? I guess I read the SS q&a to suggest he would ship in 2012, but could preorder sooner, but I could have that wrong. I am liking the orc here more and more too!

I wish, but no. I don't see us getting any more PF pre-orders this year other than the RWOS so I read SS's Q&A as meaning that Sauron and Saruman will be available for pre-order sometime in 2012. If I were a betting man I'd say Sauron would be SS's preferred LOTR SDCC release.

Cool, thanks for your thoughts on the Sauron/RWOS/Huge LOTR Preorder Possibility topic. I guess the Sauron seemed further along since we got to see a sneak peek of the artwork from Jerry, but maybe I am reading that wrong in that the artwork might inspire the statue, rather than vice versa.

Bill, Thanks for posting these Pics! I really liked the Orc PF before, but now that he has more of a basis in the films, I like it even more. I don't know why I want things to be as faithful to the films as possible, but it is my preference for this collection.

Bill, Thanks for posting these Pics! I really liked the Orc PF before, but now that he has more of a basis in the films, I like it even more. I don't know why I want things to be as faithful to the films as possible, but it is my preference for this collection.

Right there with you Chris...that and the likeness are the most important things in a collectible to me.

:duff
Bill

Cool, thanks for your thoughts on the Sauron/RWOS/Huge LOTR Preorder Possibility topic. I guess the Sauron seemed further along since we got to see a sneak peek of the artwork from Jerry, but maybe I am reading that wrong in that the artwork might inspire the statue, rather than vice versa.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=34855

Yes, I think it quite clear from SS's statement that Jerry's portrait will be the inspiration for the statue, and not the other way around.

Thanks Woodsy, I guess all of the Sauron excitement overshadowed the RWOS. Hopefully we'll get some news on the Wraith at SDCC. Gollum soon, maquettes aplenty, and a lot of evil pf this year and next. Awesome!

Thanks Woodsy, I guess all of the Sauron excitement overshadowed the RWOS. Hopefully we'll get some news on the Wraith at SDCC. Gollum soon, maquettes aplenty, and a lot of evil pf this year and next. Awesome!

There's no doubt the maqutte line did wonders in breathing new life into the LOTR licence, and between that, and all the great news coming out of the PF line it is truly a fantastic time to be a LOTR collector. :yess:

Well.....

I made some room and my order converted so This guy is coming to my collection soon.....

Am I the only one excited about it?????

Well.....

I made some room and my order converted so This guy is coming to my collection soon.....

Am I the only one excited about it?????

Right there with you bear, I'm looking forward to his arrival...I even have the Orc Hide Helm here waiting for him.

OrcHideHelmet.jpg

I'm hoping to cusom it for him.

blackOrcOfMordorPF_01_withHelm.jpg

Hope I can get it to work out.

:duff
Bill

have the EX on order but not sure i will keep him. looks awesome but i'm trying to just stick with the maquette line. not sure though because he looks great so far.

have the EX on order but not sure i will keep him. looks awesome but i'm trying to just stick with the maquette line. not sure though because he looks great so far.

He looks great because he's just like a big maquette.
No clothing ...

Clothing makes most PF's look ... well ... not as detailed and intricate as a full polystone statue ...

He looks great because he's just like a big maquette.
No clothing ...

Clothing makes most PF's look ... well ... not as detailed and intricate as a full polystone statue ...

I think based on this Hi-Res photo you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone there is no clothing on this PF. Clearly there is both fabric and leather on it. And to say that clothing/costuming can't be as detailed as polystone is ridiculous. i take it you've never seen any of the intricate, detailed LOTR costumes created for the movies, or any of the LOTR PF's for that matter......Galadriel comes to mind. :wink1:

I think based on this Hi-Res photo you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone there is no clothing on this PF. Clearly there is both fabric and leather on it. And to say that clothing/costuming can't be as detailed as polystone is ridiculous. i take it you've never seen any of the intricate, detailed LOTR costumes created for the movies, or any of the LOTR PF's for that matter......Galadriel comes to mind. :wink1:

I have owned all LOTR PF's and only kept Lurtz, Berserker and Moria Orc. For me the others are too 'dollish'. Most of the times it doesn't work ...

I have owned all LOTR PF's and only kept Lurtz, Berserker and Moria Orc. For me the others are too 'dollish'. Most of the times it doesn't work ...

You aren't the first to prefer sculpted clothing over the real thing, and you won't be the last....that is simply a matter of personal taste. But to say that real fabrics and leathers can't match the detailing and intricacy of sculpted clothing simply isn't true. Sculpted clothing is after all, nothing more than an imitation of the real thing. :lecture

Once you get your's , you'll have to let us know how the Mordor Orc, replete with all that fabric and leather works for you. :wink1:

You aren't the first to prefer sculpted clothing over the real thing, and you won't be the last....that is simply a matter of personal taste. But to say that real fabrics and leathers can't match the detailing and intricacy of sculpted clothing simply isn't true. Sculpted clothing is after all, nothing more than an imitation of the real thing. :lecture

Once you get your's , you'll have to let us know how the Mordor Orc, replete with all that fabric and leather works for you. :wink1:

It wouldn't be a PF if it didn't have mixed materials. Gollum is the only when that has very little on it. I love the mixed materials. I will always love the PF line over the statues. There's more detail and texture.

The Boromir statue has me giddy about what a PF would be like. Fur cape and all!

It wouldn't be a PF if it didn't have mixed materials. Gollum is the only when that has very little on it. I love the mixed materials. I will always love the PF line over the statues. There's more detail and texture.

The Boromir statue has me giddy about what a PF would be like. Fur cape and all!

Totally agree Ween..bring on a Boromir PF. :wave:wave

Back