Big plans for Iron Man Extremis Comiquette!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a 1/2 IronMan already though... And while yes there are more IM Comiquettes they cost SO much less then a LSF that people will buy more than one.

C'mon guys this aint gonna be a new 1/4 scale Iron Man, just look at Sideshows answer from the start of this thread "We have extremely, exponentially BIG plans for Adi’s Extremis.", extremely big is their way of saying 1:2 scale Legendary figure, they said the same thing when someone asked about an upcoming Doom piece and that turned out to be the LSF.

So expect another way over priced, open edition, Legendary scale figure, and with it being Iron Man it will probably include battle damage so they can cover their asses if any get actual paint damage during shipping.

I have to agree with you 100% on this. Based off their reply to the question, I can't see this being anything but a Legendary piece.

There is a 1/2 IronMan already though... And while yes there are more IM Comiquettes they cost SO much less then a LSF that people will buy more than one.

I am not a big fan of Legendary pieces. They have an open ES, eat a lot of space, and cost a pretty penny. However, there is a market for them. Peeps are buying them. Just look at the Doom Legendary statue. That piece is MAGNIFICENT. It is quite possibly the best sculpt I ever laid eyes on. All those PF owner's that said the PF can NEVER be topped....well, it has been. There is no way anyone should drop 2K on the EX PF when they can pick up the LSF. It's a much better looking statue IMHO. God, how I wish they would have released the LSF in 1/4 scale. It would be THE Doom piece to own. I know SSC will release a 1/4 scale fully sculpted Doom someday. However, I have this sick feeling I'll ALWAYS be comparing it to the LSF and wished it looked that good.

Meh. Not the least bit interested in LSF. Too much room taken and the cost / size ratio is heavily skewed to the left. 1/4 scale remains the perfect scale for me. It's where all factors (cost, real estate, quality and size) seem to hit a happy medium.

Why does it have to be another LSF? The way they've been doing things lately it could be a full size 1:1.

Well, if that's the case, they can just stick it in their fuc*** a**

For god's sake....

this is completely bull*****.. Not everyone can afford LSF and they still keep making them for big names like Dr. Doom and Iron Man.. I hope we get to see both Doom and IM get done in 1:4 scale... Fully sculpted or mixed media.

with the detail of the extremis armor,if they make it a lsf it will be a true masterpiece.

Remember that the LSF line is not bounded by a set scale. Not all the statues are 1:2.

I'll wait and see what SSC comes up with, but I at least hope it's a worthwhile wait.

I am not a big fan of Legendary pieces. They have an open ES, eat a lot of space, and cost a pretty penny. However, there is a market for them. Peeps are buying them. Just look at the Doom Legendary statue. That piece is MAGNIFICENT. It is quite possibly the best sculpt I ever laid eyes on. All those PF owner's that said the PF can NEVER be topped....well, it has been. There is no way anyone should drop 2K on the EX PF when they can pick up the LSF. It's a much better looking statue IMHO. God, how I wish they would have released the LSF in 1/4 scale. It would be THE Doom piece to own. I know SSC will release a 1/4 scale fully sculpted Doom someday. However, I have this sick feeling I'll ALWAYS be comparing it to the LSF and wished it looked that good.

i dont thnk that's fair, then the life size will look even better by that logic. Obvious it's my opinion, but to me statue collectibles stop at 1/4. Anything larger and they lose that cool factor - high detailed miniature replica...and just becomes a macy's store mannequin or wax figure and loses all appeal to me. Some of the 1/2 looks really good i agree, but they are just too big to have that intricate cool factor.

1/4 is where it's at.

Would love to see this in a LSF ,looking forwaed to building a 1/2 scale Army..Yet if its 1/4 scale Ill be just as happy! :)

i dont thnk that's fair, then the life size will look even better by that logic. Obvious it's my opinion, but to me statue collectibles stop at 1/4. Anything larger and they lose that cool factor - high detailed miniature replica...and just becomes a macy's store mannequin or wax figure and loses all appeal to me. Some of the 1/2 looks really good i agree, but they are just too big to have that intricate cool factor.

1/4 is where it's at.

:goodpost:

1/4 is where it's at.

I was specifically speaking of the Doom LSF. Not of the line as a whole. My opening sentence states I'm not a big fan of the LSF. Open ES, size, & $$$$, are a problem for me. Scale is also not an issue for me as I collect BD pieces as well. There are quite a few BD pieces I think look better than SSC pieces of the same characters. Whether a statue is large or small, ultimately the sculpt is what I judge a piece by. Larger is not cooler in my book. However, I am blown away by the Doom LSF. IMHO, there is no finer Doom statue made by any other company. I will even go so far as to say it may very well be the finest statue ever made in the comic book genre. I will not slam it because of the scale alone. It is an impressive piece regardless of scale. Since I am so enamored by it, I have a hard time believing that it will be topped by any company in any scale. If SSC's 1/4 fully sculpted Doom doesn't compare to the LSF, it will bother me a lot. I know that they are different pieces and in different scale. However, I would want to own the sculpt that looks the best. If the new Doom PF is inferior to the LSF by a significant margin, it will bother me as I see it on my display shelf. This is just my opinion. I think that much of the Doom LSF.

1/4 is where it's at.

:wave:clap:1-1::exactly: I'll second that

Back