Big Chief Studios Rose Tyler Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this figure in person at the NEC show in Birmingham yesterday and was really impressed with it. The outfit is stunning, really nicely tailored jacket and the trousers looked a little velvety. The sculpt looks fine in person, here's a pic I got on my phone.

View attachment 225052

I wish the finalized one would be a closed mouth Rose though. It looks kinda weird after staring at it for too long

Dammit, the more pics I see of this one, the more I think *will* end up buying it - its really growing on me! :thud: :lol I really do like her outfit too...looks great! :)

It looks great but I wish they'd do one more pass at the HS. Somehow I'm seeing Warwick Davies in the face... Which is disturbing!

Billie Piper headsculpt looks really good! Not 100% but in line with the rest of the BCS sculpts. & I agree, this should have come with a Union Jack t-shirt.

It was a poor decision by BCS to produce this particular version of Rose. BP was no longer a companion by then and this is look far from iconic.

Union Jack or the Blue Hoodie from Doomsday would have been the logical choices for me.

Well, I'm sorry but that looks nothing like Rose Tyler... Billie Piper is a stunningly beautiful woman in my opinion, and this headsculpt has a really weird horseface. :(
Also to me the hair looks strange.
I hope they do some tweaks on her sculpt before releasing her.
I'm so sad about this one, as I was dying to have Rose for my beloved 10th doctor.

Well, I'm sorry but that looks nothing like Rose Tyler... Billie Piper is a stunningly beautiful woman in my opinion, and this headsculpt has a really weird horseface. :(
Also to me the hair looks strange.
I hope they do some tweaks on her sculpt before releasing her.
I'm so sad about this one, as I was dying to have Rose for my beloved 10th doctor.

I always thought she looked a little horse like, so I guess BC captured it perfectly.

Billing didn't even look like Billie in that episode.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

To me that sculpt looks just like Piper looked in series 4. Unfortunately, Piper herself looked quite weird during series 4 because of the new teeth and all the botox, neither of which did her any favours in my opinion. And she does look noticeably weird and distractingly un-Rose like in those episodes. So I think it's basically an accurate representation of a moment in time many (most?) would prefer to gloss over, and I imagine that a series 1 or 2 Rose would have been much more warmly received. I also can't help but wonder if some odd licensing quirk is why this is the version we are getting, rather than the clearly more popular earlier look(s)...unless they are saving that for a later release.

All that aside, I'll probably buy it anyway, because it captures what it meant to capture quite well, even if it isn't the version I would have preferred be made.

Wait, why did Piper get new teeth? Surely her older teeth couldn't have been worse looking.

Yes indeed, unless it has to do with liscencing, I can't for the life of me understand why they chose to go with this version of Rose. As I deffo won't be ordering this one, I'll wait to see if the Billie Piper from Penny Dreadful might be more beautifully sculpted and could be converted into Rose.

It is an odd choice for a figure, even from an accessory point of view the series 4 version is extremely limited. I would have rather had any other version of Rose instead, even The Moment.

BCS is teasing this on Twitter as coming soon. Anyone still all in on this? I might actually have to pass as I've still got Nine AND Clara on PP until June.

Back