Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of the wired coats - hopefully when they do Capt. Jack next they'll forego the wire, or make it much, much thinner.

I'm not a fan of the wired coats - hopefully when they do Capt. Jack next they'll forego the wire, or make it much, much thinner.

Didn't even think of Captain Jack. I'd buy one of those so long as it wasn't a BC exclusive. 10 cost me way too much after shipping and exchange. I got my 11 for a third of the price of 10 thanks to 3rd party retailers.

Finally got him in a pose that im happy with. I gave up trying to get the coat to hang perfectly naturally and just folded the extra cloth flat against the inside of itself.

This thing really is beautiful in person.

Last edited:
Is BCS making more of the Tennant run or have they stopped at the exclusive? eta?

All we know: A non-50th edition is supposed to happen. Could be up to a year, though. No one knows. And it might be the blue suit version.

Finally found a downside to this figure and it's a real First World Problem - I can't get the coat back onto my dolly, wah!!!! Seriously, the brown coat comes off but when you try and get it on again... I found it impossible and gave up. Has anyone else had this problem? I swear those Chinese ladies must have sown it on.

I got it back on WITH GREAT DIFFICULTY... it hasn't looked quite the same since. :monkey2

I figure on my next day off to give it a real committed goin over though. :lol

You need to take a day off to futz this figure? Wow.

BC must be reading this and tearing their hair out - if the coat had been easier to put on we would have complained it was too baggy.

:lol

It is a pain to put back on. I swear it.* :horror

* not a dig at BCS really. It's just a hazard of the costume design. Tennant was a skinny guy with a tight suit jacket.

I took the coat off when I first got him and it was a pain to put back on. Just because it's so fitted, which isn't a bad thing.

My trick for putting on a fitted jacket or coat is to use some of that painters tape you use to mask off a room, and tape off the end of the jacket or shirt sleeves so they can't slide up the arms and bunch up. Once you have the coat on, just pull the tape off through the bottom of the sleeve. The painters tape is good because it won't leave any sticky residue on the clothing.

If you can, bunching up the sleeves a bit and grabbing the inner sleeve with tweezers sometimes works, though I worry about buttons on BCS stuff.

Dang, I'm glad I read the posts before I even condidered taken that jacket off!....

this!

could it be easier to turn the coat sleeves inside out when putting jacket back on? like push them back out with arms in cuff etc.?

I'm going to wait to see if they release a blue jacket 10 before I decide whether to take the coat off or not.

Planning to remove the coat. Mine should be here today ( tomorrow at latest).
Also just about completed my CO 10 in a space suit rebuild. I've moved him over to a Hot Toys TT body. Today I'm building the wrist pins so the gloved hands can work on the TT wrists. Then it's going into a 10th Doctor display I have in mind.

If you can, bunching up the sleeves a bit and grabbing the inner sleeve with tweezers sometimes works, though I worry about buttons on BCS stuff.

I don't know though, 'grabbing' 1/6 material held together with 1/6 scale stitches and thread... the thought of hearing a ripping sound on what is now a £500 action figure makes me sick.

Hmm, I'm still going for it, as this looks a lot better without the coat. Anyways, I am officially sitting at my computer at work with a silly grin on. No, not my second coffee arriving from Starbucks (tho that helps).. My 10th Doctor Signature Edition is sitting all packaged up in front of me.
There is NO WAY I am not going to be able to resist opening this up today before going home.
So this, and the Rolling Stones tix going on sale at 5 tonight!!! Good start to the week. Why can't all Monday mornings be this cool.

Back