Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the figure but man, their website/customer service was a rocky road. Worth it in the end, but hope it gets better.

The figures have been improving steadily, I bet the website will as well. As for the customer service, that's always been good, just limited by their resources (eg response times). I'm sure it will get better.

I finally opened this figure today. It is AMAZING. Easily the best of the 3 Doctors so far. The paint is not quite Hot Toys standard, but it is above most others including most Sideshow figures I own.

The clothing is 9.999/10. No significant complaint other than I wish the inside coat pocket could hold a sonic screwdriver, but thats pretty slight issue.

The accessories and shoes are all top notch as well.

9/10 figure. Only rating it slightly down because the thing cost a fortune.

I finally opened this figure today. It is AMAZING. Easily the best of the 3 Doctors so far. The paint is not quite Hot Toys standard, but it is above most others including most Sideshow figures I own.

The clothing is 9.999/10. No significant complaint other than I wish the inside coat pocket could hold a sonic screwdriver, but thats pretty slight issue.

:goodpost:That fair:exactly:

Yes, despite all the very cool HT releases this year - Tennant is in my top 3 1/6 this year.

tennant.jpg

Last edited:
The figures have been improving steadily

Well....... that's not quite true, is it? But if we pretend they didn't make an Amy Pond, I would consider 4 and 10 big improvements over 11.

It's funny, I finally ordered my Amy last week (half price sale) and on the one hand I'm expecting her to be worse in hand than she looks in the pictures, but on the other, I'm really looking forward to getting her. What a sap I am! :cuckoo:

Nice pic there DD. I have something planned for mine when he arrives in 10 days!!!
The 4th Doctor was way better in the flesh than any pics so I'm expecting 10 to be something else.

Well....... that's not quite true, is it? But if we pretend they didn't make an Amy Pond, I would consider 4 and 10 big improvements over 11.

It's funny, I finally ordered my Amy last week (half price sale) and on the one hand I'm expecting her to be worse in hand than she looks in the pictures, but on the other, I'm really looking forward to getting her. What a sap I am! :cuckoo:

Yes, of course - I thought we'd all agreed to pretend they didn't make Amy Pond. Didn't you get the memo from my office?

I've got a third Amy figure arriving tomorrow. :cuckoo: Still waiting on word about my three replacement heads. :impatient: :gah:

Finally figured out what was wrong with my order. Apparently big chief changed their site around a few months ago and required everyone to re-register. I did this and paid the remaining balance on the figure (which until previously I thought happened automatically). So I think I put some wheels in motion which will get me my Ten soon.

I know, im an idiot for not looking into this more thoroughly sooner.

Snagged the Signature Edition for my wife's birthday. Amazing figure, but it too has the broken hair issue.

I'm going to contact BCS support about it, but considering I'm still waiting for my missing psychic paper from my 11th to show up, not placing much faith in them.

Back