Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Tenth Doctor arrived today. I'm so pleased with it. The improvements from Eleven are astounding. I can't wait to see how BCS' next figures turn out. I got number 279/300, by the by.

Your mention of an iPad just triggered a thinks bubble - could you use the protective sheet as a template to cut another one, only this time clear and more durable, from an iPad screen protector?

That's not a bad idea. I think I have a protective cover some place, actually, I could use. Hmmm

Got my Tenth doctor today. Not at all impressed that there's a chunk of hair snapped off the front :( Also, the head articulation is rubbish compared to the Fourth Doctor. Still, it's not bad.

Got my Tenth doctor today. Not at all impressed that there's a chunk of hair snapped off the front :( Also, the head articulation is rubbish compared to the Fourth Doctor. Still, it's not bad.

Is the head articulation any different? I hadn't noticed on mine. If a chunk's missing, you should contact BCS.

Got another 10 today but I only ordered and paid for one...thanks for the christmas present, Big Chief. :yess:

Just kidding. I'll return him but they need to pay the postage, not my fault after all.

Sorry to hear that - that sucks. But believe me, I'm sure BC will replace it for you straight after the holiday.

I haven't been able to post about this because I'm still lost for words to say how much I love this figure, truly something special.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Was that Daron in the photo with BC? Gosh, I never even knew what he looked he like.

Daron was clearly such a kind, gentle soul, I will really miss talking to him through these threads. It's a lesson for me - kindness lives on after you, but no one wants to remember unkindness.

Good of BC to pay tribute to him.

I would not consider your post akin to being 'that guy' at all. You've had little success emailing BCS and you have asked for some confirmation from a group of like minded collectors.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. :dunno

Thanks again for being nice in your last post to me. :wave

I posted this in the Tom Baker thread, but someone mentioned getting a Who-themed wreath from all of us. I think this is an excellent idea. I have no idea when the funeral is or even whether his wife would want random wreaths turning up, but would anyone else be interested in contributing to this? Being in the UK, I guess I could organise it. Might make sense.

I was very sad to hear about Daron he always seemed to be a decent guy. My condolences go out to his family at this sad time.

Hi all,

Daron aka DGTWoodward passed away by a sudden heart attack on the eve of 19th Dec, here is a link to the thread started by his wife notifying us:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137918

I have been speaking with Sharon, (Mrs DGTWoodward) and she has been gracious and kind enough to let us as a community send a token of respect to herself and her family, not to mention Daron.

We (Dave and mods) have agreed that we are going to pay our respects to our friend Daron aka DGTWoodward by having a collection which I will organise to send flowers to the family on or before the funeral.
The date of the funeral is not known yet but we can do this and send our thoughts to not only Daron but also his wife and family.

So, if anyone would like to make a contribution or donate towards this, please send me a message and I will let you know the details. I am in the UK so will sort out flowers and things and will try include all usernames of those who donate, on the cards of the flowers/ items we send.

Hopefully we can pay our respects not only to a member of our community who we have sadly lost, but also another member - his wife who is also an avid collector, along with their family.

If you would like to take part, please pm me and I will send you my details.
Shell
x :1-1:

Last edited:
Back