Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Tony L (too easily forgotten as a big part of BCS) and the rest of the BCS team for that mass of information. Sadly I know that there will be some that will just see it as 'the same-old-same-old' which is a real shame.

The email once again confirms that these folks are in it for love of the subject and to get it into our hands ASAP.

Yeah definitely agree, that was a great update. Our figures are probably in the air right now!!!!

As for the angel...DVD1 I generally agree with most things you say here mate but I'm having trouble understanding why you'd want an articulated angel!!!For sure it could have moveable arms and two different heads, but otherwise... although a Weeping Angel doing Gangnam style might be fun. Or doing the Saturday Night Fever pose. Or an Egyptian pose.

Okay, forget what I said, I want a super-articulated Angel too.

Sure are a lot of excuses going on in that latest update and in no way, no how should customer service ever take a back seat to anything. Geez!!!

5 paragraphs and that was all you got out of it? :lol

Those 3 guys, who are devoting every waking moment to getting these figures out to us, even going so far as enlisting friends and family to work for free, sure don't care about us or our business. Instead of getting the product out to their customers and developing new projets they should postpone all those activities and answer every persons email! :rolleyes:

Let's not fool ourselves, the good dudes at BCS are relying on the income of these figures for the holiday as well. So let's not pretend they are rushing the figures just to benefit us.

Now back to the customer service part, marketing can take a back seat but customer service can not. Customer service and quality are two things businesses must uphold at all costs.

Let's not fool ourselves, the good dudes at BCS are relying on the income of these figures for the holiday as well. So let's not pretend they are rushing the figures just to benefit us.

Getting these figures out before Christmas will please the customers and fatten their purse. Two birds with one stone etc...

Now back to the customer service part, marketing can take a back seat but customer service can not. Customer service and quality are two things businesses must uphold at all costs.

If improving their customer service means further delays in production and shipping (thus pissing more people off), customer service be damned, then thank goodness you aren't running things.

Getting these figures out before Christmas will please the customers and fatten their purse. Two birds with one stone etc...

If improving their customer service means further delays in production and shipping (thus pissing more people off), customer service be damned, then thank goodness you aren't running things.

A properly functioning website would take care of many of the e-mails they get. If they had that months ago they would have been able to answer e-mails. They have made things tougher on themselves than needed.

A properly functioning website would take care of many of the e-mails they get. If they had that months ago they would have been able to answer e-mails. They have made things tougher on themselves than needed.

On that point you and I agree 100%. :duff

I just got this email:

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED PAYMENT YOU MAY DISCARD THIS EMAIL.
Dear customer,
We are pleased to announce that we are now taking balance and shipping payments for the following item:

10th Doctor 50th Anniversary 1:6 Scale Collector Figure

To view your current balance and outstanding payment please sign in here.
Standard and Combined Shipping rates for orders are available to view here.

Stock is currently en-route from our vendors to our warehouse and we will begin shipping to customers the second week of December.
If you would like to receive your figure(s) in time for the holidays, we will need to have received your payment by Thursday 12th December 2013.
If you would prefer to receive your figure in the New Year, then you may make payment after this date.
Please note that we are unable to retain stock indefinitely. Therefore we will need to receive your payment by Friday 28th February 2014 latest.
To complete your balance payment, plus shipping costs click here.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]
Thank you
The BIG Chief Team

Not to be a pessimist, but I do suspect Dec 25 matters more to BC's investors/owners/employees/bank than their customers. I appreciate all of the work they are doing to get them to us ASAP, but failing to release these figures in 2013 would likely have been financially disastrous for them.

That said, they look great in the photos and I can't wait to get them! Getting the money together by the 12th is ify for me, but if I do miss the deadline it should only be by a couple of days.

Sorry, but a 7-month delay in answering emails is kinda frustrating, period. That's how long I've been waiting. And I sent it again recently in case it got lost. :huh

Can't they get some cheap interns or something? :rotfl

Sorry, but a 7-month delay in answering emails is kinda frustrating, period. That's how long I've been waiting. And I sent it again recently in case it got lost. :huh

Can't they get some cheap interns or something? :rotfl

No because customer service has to take a back seat. :slap
I implore you BCS, cut your Marketing instead.

Without having to e-mail Big Chief Studios directly (as at the moment they seem to have a backlog of e-mails to reply to), does anyone know if the figures can be paid for by the close of business on the 12th or does it have to be before the 12th to receive them by Christmas?

Man you guys are brutal. BCS has ALWAYS answered my e-mails in a timely manner. I think they are doing great under the circumstances. They have given us constant updates on their FB page. Sure it has been frustrating (website accounts, payment plans, delays) but I've had to deal with so much worse from other companies who take your payment, have ZERO communication updates and are already MONTHS late with delivery dates with no indication when or IF you will ever receive the product you paid for (cough *Super7*).

I concur. All of my emails have been courteously answered in double quick time and also came with friendly information added in there.
I don't get the web problems though. I'd have been happy to build one gratis, if I could get figures shipped directly from the factory!! Haha! Then I'd have em before anyone else...

Last edited:
I have to agree, I have had replies within minutes from BCS to my emails, and at one point this happened to be at about 10 minutes to midnight.

And if it meant a general delay to emails (in most cases, but not all I hasten to add) to ensure that our figures arrive more quickly...then so be it.

Good grief, "Brutal" was the exact right word to use. These guys just can't do right for doing wrong all the time! :slap

Yeah, they are all very bad dudes, who don't care about us at all. Haha. Actually, they are the best company I've ever dealt with, along with Nanjin. All great guys.

BC communicate with us when stuff doesn't go as well as it should. That gives me confidence in them.

How about we have a break from griping until the 12th? If the figures don't start arriving by then, or if people can't pay by then, or there's anything else you don't like, well, gripe away - I will, if I'm not happy. But let's give BC a week or so to take payments, unload figures, pack them into boxes and put on the correct address labels without them having to keep talking about problems or having to put out new statements.

Not saying that people shouldn't normally express their feelings about customer service, but I just feel it's not helping and it's not going to help this thread either. Seriously, let's voluntarily put the griping and criticism on hiatus until the 12th to try and help the shipping process. Just my opinion.

Back