Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just paid for shipping on mine. I think what that means for you if they haven't processed the payment yet. I would give them at least 24 hours and then check it to see if it is ready to charge you for shipping.

This is worth knowing as I am going to pay for mine (balance) on Tuesday coming. That will be a large chunk of cash dealt with just the P+P to do and my #10 hopefully here before the holiday :yess:

Last edited:
Between this and the 4th Doctor thread, it looks like it's all good to go.

Hoping my dad is following the instructions and making payments as a type. I was going to get him to just have them shipped directly here. Decided to still have them sent to him first, then he can forward to me.
If he has them next week, I will have them before I go on holiday.

I just paid for shipping on mine. I think what that means for you if they haven't processed the payment yet. I would give them at least 24 hours and then check it to see if it is ready to charge you for shipping.

For my orders I see an option of combining shipping now for e.g. 4 and 10 - does this mean that these two are both ready to be shipped ~now?

I was able to combine my orders and all that! I may need to wait on actually paying, though. Very excited, however!

I will say, getting ready to actually pay for these... even with combined shipping, these figures end up being $300 shipped for someone in the US. I guess the exchange rate is not quite as good as when I pre-ordered as I was thinking it'd be more like $275 shipped. Still happy to be getting them, but I also hope BCS can figure out a better way to get these to US customers without having to pay exchange rates or the shipping from the UK. Because as much as I love Who, I'm not sure I could justify getting anything other than the Doctors at such prices. And I'd really love to get more!

I can't recall the actual price for the sig ed figures. Was it around 180 pounds each? Then ( for me ) shipping if around 25 pounds each ( total) so call it 200 a figure, the pair work out at $655.00

These are actually proving to be twice as expensive as hot toys. My joker ( mime) and evil Supes, last week cost me 200 pounds for the pair.

The more I think about it, the more I think BC are ripping us off. However, I don't mind being ripped off to get these figures. Well, so long as they don't end up like Amy. That was a rip off.

I read earlier that the 25 extra 10s were still to be signed up for. Set up an account and you could yourself in for one of those.

^^werent those the exclusive day of the doc vers?

i contacted them to be on wait list for reg 10 and they asked me to provide my full contact details, so i sent back my addy, phone, email and paypal. been waiting anxiously since then. :)

just asked them on Fb, dunno if i should set up a account? maybe i should to be on the safe side.

I was able to combine my orders and all that! I may need to wait on actually paying, though. Very excited, however!

I will say, getting ready to actually pay for these... even with combined shipping, these figures end up being $300 shipped for someone in the US. I guess the exchange rate is not quite as good as when I pre-ordered as I was thinking it'd be more like $275 shipped. Still happy to be getting them, but I also hope BCS can figure out a better way to get these to US customers without having to pay exchange rates or the shipping from the UK. Because as much as I love Who, I'm not sure I could justify getting anything other than the Doctors at such prices. And I'd really love to get more!

With shipping my 4th Doctor Signature comes out to $296.57. To put that in perspective, I got Hot Toys Luke Skywalker shipped for less than that from Corner Store Comics.

Just paid off the shipping for both my 4th and 10th Doctors! When should these be shipping out?

The order status is still listed as "processing". Is that bad?

Last edited:
With shipping my 4th Doctor Signature comes out to $296.57. To put that in perspective, I got Hot Toys Luke Skywalker shipped for less than that from Corner Store Comics.

Yes, these are more expensive than Hot Toys, and not quite the quality (or in Amy's case, not quite the quality of Creative Options!) I'll pay the premium for the sig editions of my 2 favorite doctors (4 and 10.) I might even consider it for #3. After that, I need a discounted version of the characters available from a US retailer.

Just paid off the shipping for both my 4th and 10th Doctors! When should these be shipping out?

The order status is still listed as "processing". Is that bad?

My experience is that it's meaningless - my daughter's 11th Doctor was still showing as 'processing' a year after she received it!

I just looked at the page on the site that explains shipping - **** me, I've been dry for nine years but all those instructions left me wanting a large VAT! Still, I can't complain the BC haven't tried to explain it - will try paying now.

US customers get them cheaper.
I will have to look into buying any in the future using my Chinese address, and skipping the near 30 quid (near $50) UK tax.

Anyways. My dad says he's paid for them now, and the shipping is, 30 quid. He's done something wrong.

Okay, paid for Ten's shipping!!! Love the fact that they've obtained a lower shipping cost and passed that onto us (in the UK at any rate).

I found it really funny that their software offers you the option of paying for shipping immediately or in four monthly instalments of £2. Hmmm, difficult one - pay £8 now for next day delivery, or pay £2 a month over four months and get my figure next March?!?

Are people getting invoices yet? I'm still locked out of BC's site and still getting no email back (apart from one boilerplate response that ignored my problem.)

Given the pricepoint here, I'm not sure they have such a huge market they can afford to make their customers this irritated. If BC is reading this: you need to make this better soon, or you're losing this sale and the Sherlock & Watson I ordered as well.

(Just tried logging in again, just for sh#ts and giggles. Still no luck but I do have my order number memorized at this point!)

MAKE THIS BETTER BIG CHIEF. OR CANCEL MY ORDERS AND REFUND MY DEPOSITS.

This is a hobby, it's supposed to be fun. Having a bunch of money down and no clue if I'm getting the product? Not so much fun.

Last edited:
Are you sure you've got the correct number?

It has both "order summary" which is what you need, and a number before your product which you don't need.

The more I think about it, the more I think BC are ripping us off. However, I don't mind being ripped off to get these figures. Well, so long as they don't end up like Amy. That was a rip off.

I don't feel like I'm being ripped off, really. I think if it wasn't for shipping and the exchange rate, the figures would be worth it. I'd pay $200 for these guys to get to my door. It's just all the extra on top that makes it a bit harder to swallow. And I got the Sherlock set, too!

I'm not going to lie, I'll get all the Doctors. But I'd love it if they branched out, eventually into Cybermen or companions. But I'd also have a next to impossible time justifying $300/each for those. I just hope they can work out a decent distribution deal some day to get more of these over after these two. Originally these were supposed to be the only ones that were offered this way, right? I just don't want it to become a regular thing.

I read that back. I was trying to be funny by saying were ripped us, but I enjoyed it!
Really, it's swings and roundabouts. I get Hot a Toys figures for around the $150-$175 Mark, because I buy them in stores, right off the shelf. The BC figures at $320ish are going to be few and far between.
I am looking forward to getting these, quite a lot.

Both 10 and 4 now paid for, both sig. editions, now the waiting begins. Don't know that I'll buy many more as these are the key figures for me, but who knows. I still need to pay for my Amy head shipping.

I paid the shipping for this earlier today (seems I needed to enter a postcode). It'll probably be my last one. I might even have cancelled it, had I not secured a signature edition. I'm looking forward to receiving it now, though.

Back