Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a mock-up from before he was officially named. They most likely worked of the prop schematics/final concept art. Or perhaps they ran into a "kick-***" problem with the word "war". Would be silly, but it's planet Earth we're talking about, silly things are what we're known for.

I wonder why the box says "Other Doctor" rather than "the War Doctor".

It's what the BBC told them to call it. I think they just hadn't decided to call him "War Doctor" by then.

I LOVE the WETA designed 8th Doctor sonic. I wish they'd gone with that, but I can see them maybe wanting to make the progression more from the classic screwdriver to Hurt's to the 9/10 one. You could argue that the revised 8th Doctor sonic looks more like a direct predecessor of
11's sonic, I suppose.

I love the fact it has wood on it, yet it's one of the only materials, if not the only material, the Sonic doesn't work on.

i thought it was because by the end of the day of the doctor he wasnt the war doctor anymore just another doctor? maybe?

i can imagine them having probs with the name war doctor on a toy as well tho.

wants a war doc fig soooo bad.

Agreed. This figure looks amazing, has awesome accessories and will one day be the holy grail of the line, I think.

The worst thing I can say about this figure is that he comes with so many accessories I have no idea how I want to pose him. With Coat, no coat, glasses or not, 3D glasses or not, water gun, sonic?

:gah: :lol

I wanted to pose him with glasses.. but then I thought "but what do I do with the 3D glasses..?" and thus decided to pose him with the 3D glasses. Now I'm wondering what to do with the normal glasses.

I'm with you on not knowing how to pose him. My favorite Doctor, my favorite actor, and my favorite outfit he wore. With, of course, some of the best possible accessories. It's gonna be fun messing around with the different looks, that's for sure.

Here's what I'm hoping they release AFTER Hartnell.
Ninth Doctor
Clara/Rose/Sarah Jane (I would love all of them)
Fifth Doctor
Master (Simm)
Twelfth Doctor
Seventh Doctor
Third Doctor
Second Doctor
Sixth Doctor
Eighth Doctor

Also hoping for releases of a Dalek, Cyberman, and a Weeping Angel (I believe that one was shown off before).

I also emailed Big Chief today asking if they could transfer the money from my regular Tenth Doctor to a Fourth Doctor preorder. I decided that a Signature Edition is good enough, considering that some people didn't get to preorder Tennant and I would rather have two different figures as opposed to two of the same.

The worst thing I can say about this figure is that he comes with so many accessories I have no idea how I want to pose him. With Coat, no coat, glasses or not, 3D glasses or not, water gun, sonic?

:gah: :lol

That's a nice problem to have! So many possible looks is great news, it means we'll never get bored with this figure and can futz away to our hearts content.

I fancy a tieless look at some point - does anyone know of any good 1/6 shirts the same colour as Tennant's tieless shirts?

I agree about all the pose possibilities! I think the 4th Doctor will be the same. I don't think I'll be going with a sonic pose, though, since all my CO figure are kind of forced into that. It'd be fun to do alternate things with these guys. :)

One thing that was brought up on Facebook that I do think is worth thinking about... with the black glasses, past figures (Hot Toys, I remember the most) had issues where the black paint transferred onto the skin of the face after a while. So I am a bit nervous about that, now! I suppose a quick coat of protection might clear that up if it is an issue. Hopefully it won't be!

Oh, and btw... it seems BCS have extended the "Before Christmas" date to December 12th now (instead of the 6th) to pay these off.
https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/shipping-update-10th-doctor-4th-doctor-16-scale-figures/

I agree about all the pose possibilities! I think the 4th Doctor will be the same. I don't think I'll be going with a sonic pose, though, since all my CO figure are kind of forced into that. It'd be fun to do alternate things with these guys. :)

One thing that was brought up on Facebook that I do think is worth thinking about... with the black glasses, past figures (Hot Toys, I remember the most) had issues where the black paint transferred onto the skin of the face after a while. So I am a bit nervous about that, now! I suppose a quick coat of protection might clear that up if it is an issue. Hopefully it won't be!
Oh, and btw... it seems BCS have extended the "Before Christmas" date to December 12th now (instead of the 6th) to pay these off.
https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/shipping-update-10th-doctor-4th-doctor-16-scale-figures/

That's a great point. Is there a sealant that works well?

Which Hot Toys figures had that issue? I just checked my Terminator figures and neither have the issue, and I got them at release. Then again, I keep my house very cold so it's hard for paint to stain.

Back