Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was SUPER lucky to get a 10th from EmeraldFrost... and i am LOVING this figure... except for the head/neck connection... mine seems to be glued together... is that a thing?? It really limits the posability... which is VERY limited by the two being fused. I'm just wondering if this is, in fact, a THING before I try to mod it up!

plus... just for BG... I'm new to the WhoVerse... although I did watch the Tom Baker era all the time as a kid... and I am head over heels with it all!!!

I was SUPER lucky to get a 10th from EmeraldFrost... and i am LOVING this figure... except for the head/neck connection... mine seems to be glued together... is that a thing?? It really limits the posability... which is VERY limited by the two being fused. I'm just wondering if this is, in fact, a THING before I try to mod it up!

plus... just for BG... I'm new to the WhoVerse... although I did watch the Tom Baker era all the time as a kid... and I am head over heels with it all!!!

grats!
mine was the same, joint at base of neck moved but joint in head didnt. heat it up at base of neck with hairdyer and wiggle free. was paint locked. :)

well... not just paint, but a good lot (relatively) of the inside of the head was glued on.

image.jpg

hot water got it separated... now for some surgery.

looks like the inside of the head was damaged in manufacture and it was glued together, and stuck on the body before it was dry.

I'd contact Big Chief.

Well I found out more about my stand.
I took the 4 screws out of the bottom and as I did a black wire just fell out.
Then I looked in and a red wire was loose at one end.
I'm have no clue to fix and I don't know if I can contact BC because I bought it from Big Bad Toy Store.

I'd think you can still email BC. Interesting you got it from BBTS as it wasn't available outside BC's website making it a grey import.

BBTS probably bought it in trade from a collector and was unaware that it had been "repaired"

Looks like variant Tenth Doctor is coming in soon...

10455645_10153683259716002_2846419669526862418_n.jpg

Of course, just when 'soon' actually is, Who nose... :p

Given Tennant's eternal popularity, should be a nice earner for Big Chief, which in turn is always good news for those of us who dream of getting all the Doctors from them eventually.

Not sure about the hair. I get what they are going for, and it'll probably look a lot better painted, but that's always a tough look to pull off in a sculpt. That said I do appreciate that they're going the brand new sculpt route, rather than just reusing the old one, which they could have so easily done.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't have the blue suit this time out, as well. Probably based on his look in The Waters of Mars:

wom.jpg

Looks like variant Tenth Doctor is coming in soon...

10455645_10153683259716002_2846419669526862418_n.jpg

Of course, just when 'soon' actually is, Who nose... :p

Given Tennant's eternal popularity, should be a nice earner for Big Chief, which in turn is always good news for those of us who dream of getting all the Doctors from them eventually.

Not sure about the hair. I get what they are going for, and it'll probably look a lot better painted, but that's always a tough look to pull off in a sculpt. That said I do appreciate that they're going the brand new sculpt route, rather than just reusing the old one, which they could have so easily done.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't have the blue suit this time out, as well. Probably based on his look in The Waters of Mars:

wom.jpg

It doesn't look bad, aside from the issue with the hair that you already commented. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I would have loved an alternative sculpt (something sold separately like the Alternate Stetson for 11th) with a smiling expression for Tennant.

I wouldn't be surprised if, much like Matt Smith, they eventually release an add on head as well, given Tennant's popularity. Perhaps a sculpt designed to have properly attached glasses. If they were really clever they could do a 'glasses' head sculpt where the glasses were attached with metal pins that plug into the hair or something, and you could detach the regular glasses and switch them out with either his 3D glasses or his sunglasses for different looks, all of which could be made to attach the same way.

Just an idle thought.

looks like it will have sunglasses, blue suit and also a nod to silence in the library ep on a new psychic paper accessory.:clap

I'm pretty excited for a new 10. Not that I need a new 10, but more that a second run means there might be enough 10 figures out there to justify doing a 10 Tardis.

I'll probably buy a second 10 though depending on final sculpt and accessories.

I wouldn't be surprised if, much like Matt Smith, they eventually release an add on head as well, given Tennant's popularity.

Given how his hair was one of the most notable things about him as The Doctor and it looked different in the beginning of his tenure and definitely in the 50th and the figure hasn't really captured that I'm shocked there wasn't an additional head add-on as well. Seems like a no brainer.

I don't know, to me the previous Tennant figure already captured enough of the spiky hair look that he had in the later years. It's not like it was as flat as in his first year or anything.

That said I DO really like the new head sculpt, which thankfully has him looking a bit older and not like the boyish 20-something the first sculpt depicted him as.

The hair is a bit overdone but it may look better painted up and at a different angle. The face looks great, I really like the expression, Tennant did have a habit of looking a bit angry quite a lot. I'm hoping he has the blue suit with the white dress shirt and red tie and not the purple t-shirt from Journeys End. I hope the coat is included as well and that they've redone it. The original version looks a bit too bulky to me, a bit much like something you would see on one of Characters Optioms 12" figures. Still, really looking forward to adding the 10th Doctor to the old collection!

Most of us pretty much knew this already (or at least assumed it) but Big Chief just confirmed that the new Tenth Doctor figure's outfit will be as follows: He will be wearing his Blue Suit and Maroon Converse.

Also it sounds like they will be doing the paint up of the prototype head next week.

Back