Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those eBay prices annoyed me a lot. I got it ordered on the night of the PO, and I know a lot of people isn't get it.
I also know that BCS could have pushed their extra stock thru eBay at those stupid prices. I jst hope people that want these do not pay those prices. Obviously, some were being bought simply to flip at a profit on eBay. I understand free commerce, but I hate the idea of others being ripped off.

You know, I'd probably pay $50 over the retail price, but these guys are asking $1000 plus. It's absurd, and yeah I really hope no one is buying them.

If they were the signature version t I may understand, (though I still wouldn't buy it) but they're only selling the standard one. I sometimes want to message the seller and tell them good luck trying trying to sell that for that asking price!

If they were the signature version t I may understand, (though I still wouldn't buy it) but they're only selling the standard one. I sometimes want to message the seller and tell them good luck trying trying to sell that for that asking price!

Nah, even for the signature edition that's kinda crazy. It's not even that hard to get Tennant's autograph. He responds to most autograph requests through the mail, and they're authentic autographs, not stamped on or done by his secretary. He's a cool guy.

Nah, even for the signature edition that's kinda crazy. It's not even that hard to get Tennant's autograph. He responds to most autograph requests through the mail, and they're authentic autographs, not stamped on or done by his secretary. He's a cool guy.

That's great to hear. Glad he's friendly towards his fans.

I also know that BCS could have pushed their extra stock thru eBay at those stupid prices.

Exactly. The fact that they didn't speaks volumes about their integrity, something else to remember down the line for future releases when people get angry because their email isn't answered quick enough and they start saying they're worried they've been ripped off or whatever.

Btw, does anyone know what batteries the stand takes? Mine need replacing.

That's odd that the 10th Doctor figure doesn't include an extra air of batteries like the 4th Doctor. My 4th box is put away, but if no one responds to you later today, I'll open mine up to see what type the replacement batteries are.

Those eBay prices annoyed me a lot. I got it ordered on the night of the PO, and I know a lot of people isn't get it.
I also know that BCS could have pushed their extra stock thru eBay at those stupid prices. I jst hope people that want these do not pay those prices. Obviously, some were being bought simply to flip at a profit on eBay. I understand free commerce, but I hate the idea of others being ripped off.

It annoys me too especially how everyone wanted one. I find it odd that one person here ordered two 10th Doctors in one setting considering that BCS limited it to one per customer. I honestly think that the 10th Doctors on eBay will rot there for sometime since the majority of those wanting the figure has already gotten one. Besides, the $700 2nd market price wasn't really accurate since it was the value before BCS sorted out the cancellations and error orders of the figure. The figure might be worth that much in a couple of months, though it would be unlikely with the 2nd version of the 10th coming out later.

As for flipping a product on eBay at insane prices, Hasbro has done that before with the Pimp Daddy Destro figures - to justify the insane cost, they would get it AfI graded to sell their remaining $20 figures to $90-$100.

Not surprising that some ppl bought the remaining figures just to put on eBay. However, it would have be swell if these ppl decided not to so that other ppl, who really want one, can get them.

I've watched "Planet of the Ood" today and noticed that the Doctor wears a blue suit/red dress shirt/red shoes attire in that episode. Sure, he has another shirt beneath the red, but I doubt BCS would go that far in making another garment. That said, I would like to see this toy being the second version so that ppl who didn't get the black version can get this one and those who already has the black one can display him as the Meta Doctor - completist can have this figure on the shelf to display his 10th, 11th regeneration, and 12th regenerations.

That's odd that the 10th Doctor figure doesn't include an extra air of batteries like the 4th Doctor. My 4th box is put away, but if no one responds to you later today, I'll open mine up to see what type the replacement batteries are.

Hi DS, that's really kind of you, but don't go to any trouble - I can always get my 10th Doctor stand out myself and have a look, I only asked if anyone knew because mine too is put away.

Hi DS, that's really kind of you, but don't go to any trouble - I can always get my 10th Doctor stand out myself and have a look, I only asked if anyone knew because mine too is put away.

Not too much trouble. I just pulled it out since the package was next to my bed. The batteries are type CR2032.

My Tennant took a dive and now I've noticed that there is a paint scratch below his chin. Not sure if it was before since it is just below the chin - on the edge of it actually. Now that I notice it, I can't stop focusing on it. That said, does anyone knows how to apply a 5' o Clock shadow on the figure without making it look weird. I am thinking of using a detail brush and applying a light black wash, hoping that it would not only remove the scrape, but blend in with the factory's paint.

Not too much trouble. I just pulled it out since the package was next to my bed. The batteries are type CR2032.

Thanks mate!

Incidentally mine has the paint scratch too, and in addition a small shiny area between the bottom lip and the chin - from a distance you see it shine, close up you see that the paint is missing in that area. I was debating with myself how much it bothered me, but the paint job is really nice (incidentally this is my second Tennant - but in my defence I bought it for customs and waited until the sale last week had been going for almost 24 hours before I bought it!).

I don't know about the scratches under the chin, but the shiny area appears to have been caused where the polythene bag that is supposed to protect the head actually stuck to part of it, ie it was put on before the paint had dried altogether.

The other thing is that it has a nicer paint job then my first figure and much less 5 o'clock shadow - from this I guess there's two points to make. First, I hope that future releases avoid the shadow (apparently they will) and that the paint jobs are more consistent. Second, I hope they wait at the factory until the paint is dry before packaging the figure, it's a silly way to introduce imperfections into an otherwise perfect figure.

Thanks mate!

Incidentally mine has the paint scratch too, and in addition a small shiny area between the bottom lip and the chin - from a distance you see it shine, close up you see that the paint is missing in that area. I was debating with myself how much it bothered me, but the paint job is really nice (incidentally this is my second Tennant - but in my defence I bought it for customs and waited until the sale last week had been going for almost 24 hours before I bought it!).

I don't know about the scratches under the chin, but the shiny area appears to have been caused where the polythene bag that is supposed to protect the head actually stuck to part of it, ie it was put on before the paint had dried altogether.

The other thing is that it has a nicer paint job then my first figure and much less 5 o'clock shadow - from this I guess there's two points to make. First, I hope that future releases avoid the shadow (apparently they will) and that the paint jobs are more consistent. Second, I hope they wait at the factory until the paint is dry before packaging the figure, it's a silly way to introduce imperfections into an otherwise perfect figure.

I'd happily take a scratch on his chin if I could just get one of the damn things! :monkey2

I just wish I could get them to answer an email on a replacement part. I'm considering copying everyone on their contact page haha

I started to change the batteries in my stand but found I didn't need too - I left the stand switched on while I removed the first one and the thing immediately lit up! It works better with one battery than two!

I started to change the batteries in my stand but found I didn't need too - I left the stand switched on while I removed the first one and the thing immediately lit up! It works better with one battery than two!

whaaaaa? will have to try that, no luck getting either bases for my 11th and 4 to work, have yet to see them light up.

thks for sharin :)

Back