Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. I have that Judoon and it actually looks pretty good and definitely 100% in scale.

Seconded. Also, the Judoon comes with a helmet so if you find yourself disliking the mass-market paint job on the Rhino head (which is still pretty good) you can always stick the helmet on it.

All of the CO 12" figures are brilliant.

I'm glad BCS are filling in one of the gaps in that line with the weeping angel, and hope they will do a dalek and maybe consider a Simm master and even a Vashta Nerada with switch out River Song head!

I got on the wait list for this figure some time ago and yesterday morning I received an email from BC to get the toy! I sent payment this morning. So excited!

via the BCS facebook-

"Great news for those customers eager to get their hands on a 10th Doctor 1:6 Scale Collector Figure, we have a low quantity of the Limited Edition figure available from order cancellations, or non completion of orders.

We will make these figures available on a first come first served basis via the website next week. We will confirm the exact date and time when the figures will be available to order, similar to how the pre-orders work.

The price is the same as it has been since the original pre-order - £169.99 (£141.66 excluding VAT). Prices are plus shipping.

As of yet we do not have any Signature Edition pieces available.

Thanks
BCS"

via the BCS facebook-

"Great news for those customers eager to get their hands on a 10th Doctor 1:6 Scale Collector Figure, we have a low quantity of the Limited Edition figure available from order cancellations, or non completion of orders.

We will make these figures available on a first come first served basis via the website next week. We will confirm the exact date and time when the figures will be available to order, similar to how the pre-orders work.

The price is the same as it has been since the original pre-order - £169.99 (£141.66 excluding VAT). Prices are plus shipping.

As of yet we do not have any Signature Edition pieces available.

Thanks
BCS"

I saw the post earlier today on their FB page as well. The email I got from them earlier this week about offering me and about 20 others on the waiting list said that they do not have any Signature versions in stock. I'm okay with that since all my figures are the standard ones, but for those holding out for a signature version, I suggest getting this one and see if they have any signature versions in the next few weeks.

I was told they won't have any signature editions available period, so I just paid shipping for my standard edition.

Yeah, I got the feeling that they don't have signature versions available from their email to the ppl on the waiting list since it says "Please note that we have no Signature Edition pieces available to purchase." Not sure why they put the the "As of yet.." on their Facebook page since that might cause a few to hold their breaths for one and possibly cause them to not buy the standard ed.

A bit unrelated to the 10th, but related to the Big Chief's series - Big Chief announced a few days ago that the Doctor they started to work on is the Ninth Doctor. They also mentioned that they are going to focus on NuWho since the Baker fig did not do as well as the Tennant fig. With all NuWho Doctors being made other Capaldi(I am sure he'll be announced in late 2014/early 2015) I wonder if this means we will get more popular non-Doctor characters in NuWho like Rose Tyler, modern Cybermen, Daleks (Ninth/tenth era and Smith era), Strax, etc... I wonder how many more Smiths and Tennants they can do before they run out of variations? The season 7 Smith(image shown on their banner) and a blue suit Tennant(rumored to be the other ver that they are making) are variations that aren't minor in the show. I think they could probably do a Christmas special Smith since he wears a particular coat in more than one Christmas episode.

FB

We ARE definitely in this for the long run, having renewed our license agreement for the next two years at least. The 1st Doctor is up next, then an all new 11th Doctor. We are also starting work the 9th Doctor. We will get around to them all, plus monsters and select companions. As mentioned previously it's a balancing act for us.
Thanks BCS

Awesome. I am really excited to not only order the First Doctor but to see progress on the Ninth. awesome.

A bit unrelated to the 10th, but related to the Big Chief's series - Big Chief announced a few days ago that the Doctor they started to work on is the Ninth Doctor. They also mentioned that they are going to focus on NuWho since the Baker fig did not do as well as the Tennant fig. With all NuWho Doctors being made other Capaldi(I am sure he'll be announced in late 2014/early 2015) I wonder if this means we will get more popular non-Doctor characters in NuWho like Rose Tyler, modern Cybermen, Daleks (Ninth/tenth era and Smith era), Strax, etc... I wonder how many more Smiths and Tennants they can do before they run out of variations? The season 7 Smith(image shown on their banner) and a blue suit Tennant(rumored to be the other ver that they are making) are variations that aren't minor in the show. I think they could probably do a Christmas special Smith since he wears a particular coat in more than one Christmas episode.

FB

We ARE definitely in this for the long run, having renewed our license agreement for the next two years at least. The 1st Doctor is up next, then an all new 11th Doctor. We are also starting work the 9th Doctor. We will get around to them all, plus monsters and select companions. As mentioned previously it's a balancing act for us.
Thanks BCS

I didn't get from the original post that they are focused on NuWho - they did say "we will get around to them all" which implies ALL the Doctors. If they're doing the most boring one in Hartnell, I hope they'll do the more colorful ones like Davison and Pertwee.

Awesome, Nine is like a ultimate grail figure for me. I loved his season as the Doctor and the thought we're getting him as a BCS figure is just incredible.

I'd be really happy if they stuck to NuWho, starting with bronze daleks. Sorry, but I want NuWho 1:6 figures in my life more than I want them taking an expensive risk on a classic Doctor.

Dave, the notion that BC is going to focus more on NuWho was from a fb reply to a commentator asking about a nasty rumor regarding them not doing any more classic figures, but only NuWho
Big Chief Studios Limited said:
It is indeed a nasty rumour. We do plan to make all the Doctors at some point. However we have to look at what is possible for us to make. These figures cost a lot of money to develop and make. As they are all hand made. Sadly Classic Who does not sell as strongly as NuWho. Due to the huge cost in making these figures we have to look at all other Figures very careful. But we do very much so want to continue with Classic Who and we have plans for some more Classic Doctors very soon. BCS

To me, the above BC quote sounds like they sugar coated the idea of them focusing on NuWho. I think the key words here is that they plan to make all the Doctors at some point, but they also stated they plan to release accessory packs at some point after they made a statement that they were put on hiatus. am sure they are going to do some classic Doctors later on, but seeing how 11 and 10 are getting another figure due to 10 seeing like hot cakes and how the Weeping Angels are the first villains to be made, I am certain they will focus more on NuWho.

My guess is that we will see more classic Doctors along the road, but it will be the more iconic ones like Pertwee and Trougton. Paul McGann might because of the popularity he amassed from the audio adventures and the recent Night of The Doctor. Doctors like McCoy and Collin Baker might be made last. Even so, we are not sure how long the line would last especially if they are doing the more popular characters first. I think they could pad the line by pairing up the less popular Doctors with a popular character to outset the cost of making someone like McCoy, Davidson, and Colin Baker. For instance, another Tennant figure could be released at the same time as a Davidson figure or releasing a Sarah Jane figure to go along with a Colin Baker.

I think Hartnell is being made since he is the first Doctor and because of that, he is quite popular. Not sure much as Tom Baker and David Tennant. I think Colin Baker and Sy McCoy would be the most difficult sellers.

Awesome, Nine is like a ultimate grail figure for me. I loved his season as the Doctor and the thought we're getting him as a BCS figure is just incredible.

I'd be really happy if they stuck to NuWho, starting with bronze daleks. Sorry, but I want NuWho 1:6 figures in my life more than I want them taking an expensive risk on a classic Doctor.

I think that is the route they might take because not only are they making a Ninth after Hartnell, they are making season 7 Smith and another Tennant. Not to mention that remaining Tennant stock won't be on sale like the remaining Tom Baker figures. While I love classic Who, NuWho would yield more revenue from fans, especially from the Tennant fanyboys/fangirls.

I wonder if they'll do Rose. They're doing Ninth and Tenth, but after Amy's poor(?) sales and Billie Piper's unwillingness to give her likeness, Rose is seeming unlikely.

I wonder if they'll do Rose. They're doing Ninth and Tenth, but after Amy's poor(?) sales and Billie Piper's unwillingness to give her likeness, Rose is seeming unlikely.

How come Billie Piper refuses to give her likeness to be used?

A bit strange considering that Christopher Eccleston doesn't want to do Doctor Who Episodes yet has no quarrels of the BBC using his likeness for toys. Maybe he gave up his likeness for the show when he agreed to be the Ninth Doctor.

i too wonder why BC still wants to do companions after Amy Pond. Other than Rose, Sarah Jane is the only popular one. Perri Brown might be popular, but that is only because of her bust size

Back