Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the smiling head actually looks pretty good in the new pictures (definitely much better than the previous promo pictures). I'm waiting to read more opinions on the new 10th Doctor figure (it's gotten some very mixed reviews), so unless I pick up a 10, I won't have much of a use for the extra head either. That said, I certainly like having the option. :)

I've got the new 10th Doctor figure and I'm very pleased with it. He's currently one of my favourites...until the next release that is :impatient:

I'd like to see them canvas opinion about the smiling head. When they showed the first Nine they effectively crowdsourced a whole load of detailed criticism and while that might have been painful to read initially but led to a tweaked sculpt that everyone loves. I guess this is less important because it's an incentive item, but if they did improve it they'd get at least one extra sale (I'd buy two 9's to be able to display both heads on 9's outfit).

The smiling Ten now looks less creepy and more stoned, but it's definitely an improvement. Not sure I'll ever use it, unless it looks too good not to once it's in hand. So I guess just have to wait and see...

The smiling Ten now looks less creepy and more stoned, but it's definitely an improvement. Not sure I'll ever use it, unless it looks too good not to once it's in hand. So I guess just have to wait and see...

:lol :lol Agreed, it does look a lot better now, not sure what I'm gonna do with mine yet either - I need to get thinking!

Don't mind me, I'm still in shock that I came onto the forum earlier today and suddenly found out that not only will my current collection of five different Doctors soon be increased to eight, with the War Doctor and the Eighth Doctor in addition to the Ninth that recently went up for order, and jumping us past the half way point in terms of Doctors made, with 8 out of 13 confirmed now. But we're also getting not just Captain Jack, but Clara and Rose as well. And I don't know if it is a case of mixed messages or not, or if there is any truth to it, but I read elsewhere that Pertwee was in the works and should be seen before years end, too. Which if it is true (and personally I have no idea if it is or not) would be great, just to get another one of the classic Doctors as well...

Big Chief really seem to be finding their footing as a business now, if them going all in like this (and their other licensing announcements) are any indication. Some very interesting days ahead for Doctor Who collectors by the looks of it.

...... but I read elsewhere that Pertwee was in the works and should be seen before years end, too. Which if it is true (and personally I have no idea if it is or not) would be great, just to get another one of the classic Doctors as well...

:exactly: It would be awesome!! Please let this be true!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Don't mind me, I'm still in shock that I came onto the forum earlier today and suddenly found out that not only will my current collection of five different Doctors soon be increased to eight, with the War Doctor and the Eighth Doctor in addition to the Ninth that recently went up for order, and jumping us past the half way point in terms of Doctors made, with 8 out of 13 confirmed now. But we're also getting not just Captain Jack, but Clara and Rose as well. And I don't know if it is a case of mixed messages or not, or if there is any truth to it, but I read elsewhere that Pertwee was in the works and should be seen before years end, too. Which if it is true (and personally I have no idea if it is or not) would be great, just to get another one of the classic Doctors as well...

Big Chief really seem to be finding their footing as a business now, if them going all in like this (and their other licensing announcements) are any indication. Some very interesting days ahead for Doctor Who collectors by the looks of it.

I'm equally excited that two more Doctors are headed our way! I haven't heard anyone from Big Chief ever confirm that the 3rd Doctor is being worked on so I would squarely place that in the rumor mill until we hear from the horses mouth. That being said, given how many figures are now in the works, it's probably going to be quite some time before we see the earlier Doctors.

I think we've seen some great figure choices and overall the quality has been terrific. The sculpt for Jack clearly needs more work; and I would like to see another pass at the Rose sculpt. Above all else they need to fix the top lip on the smiling Tennant sculpt and make the eyes less creepy. But the rest is excellent - War Doctor and McGann are both brilliant, as is Nine (which we knew) while Clara is just fantastic, probably one of the best figures ever of any gender.

Above all else this convention has been a triumph for Gregg. Just getting all those figures ready to show must have entailed a whole ton of late nights, but the result has been worth it. His tailoring has always been excellent (and in my opinion underrated) but it's been flawless on these figures. When you blow the pictures up the tiny details leap out at you. I just hope the factory continues to get the coats right after the great Hartnell and 7b coats. I can't wait to see the outfits on the Victorian Sherlock figures.

In addition I'm wondering if Gregg's been trying some new painting techniques because the close-ups we've seen are on a whole new level, there's a polish and a realism that we haven't seen before.

I would have preferred a Season 1 rose ( and maybe even a season 1 Jack) and I'd like to see Knife Maniac Tennant either get resculpted or given a strait jacket as an accessory, but on the whole it's been a great weekend for people who love this company.

:exactly: It would be awesome!! Please let this be true!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

It's just something I read on a Doctor Who forum from someone who was at the event and apparently spoke to the Big Chief guys. No further details or clarifications were given. So whether it is true or not, or even if it was some kind of brain fart and the person in question actually somehow meant McGann or Hurt rather than Pertwee, I can't rightly say. Definitely put it down as rumour, at best. But even so, here's hoping it's true.

I've definitely seen that rumor swirling around. I REALLY hope it's true!

If Pertwee is coming as they've certainly opened the floodgates! Might as wel just forward my paycheque directly to Big Chief for the next six months. I'm surprised we haven't seen a new monster yet. You would think a Dalek, Cyberman or Davros would have been near the top of the list for releases but maybe there rights to the, are too expensive or there's issues with the Nation estate?

If Pertwee is coming as they've certainly opened the floodgates! Might as wel just forward my paycheque directly to Big Chief for the next six months. I'm surprised we haven't seen a new monster yet. You would think a Dalek, Cyberman or Davros would have been near the top of the list for releases but maybe there rights to the, are too expensive or there's issues with the Nation estate?

:lol Yep, they may as well have my paycheque too! 5 new figures previewed and I want them all! Even Rose who I originally had no interest in has become a possible purchase! :slap

A 1/6 scale Dalek would be awesome though! :)

He is looking,well, amazing! Thought I was going to say something else? My gripe toward Clara doesn't exist here. The hair sculpt is excellent! Ha! I'm too broke to collect these figures at the moment, but Eccleston will be my one purchase. Can't wait.

I saw 9's proto at the NEC show in Birmingham yesterday. So glad I pre-ordered it, here's a quick phone pic I got.

IMG_5297s.jpg

I just got charged TWICE for the second payment plan :gah:
Long story short: Forgot to change my no longer valid credit card to the new one, so called BCS for help and they did a manual payment for me over the phone. It was done via PayPal. Everything was fine until yesterday I received an email by WorldPay that the second payment was through (again) :slap
Emailed BCS but got no reply... Any idea what should I do?

Back