Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DioramaMaker and momaw, thanks for the suggestions/comments! I tried calling (couldn't get Skype to work) but ended up emailing Big Chief instead. Fortunately, it was an easy fix for them to just add the extra portrait and sweater to my order.
I'm really happy to hear it worked out for you and that the email service actually came through for once. I suppose they are finally getting that back in order.
Skype can be a bit fidgety. I found calling so it's about 11am-ish their time works best. I just bought $10 Skype credit (for landline/mobile) calls to have on hand for instances like this. Paid off too since I had to call Popcultcha in Australia yesterday actually.

I'm really happy to hear it worked out for you and that the email service actually came through for once. I suppose they are finally getting that back in order.
Skype can be a bit fidgety. I found calling so it's about 11am-ish their time works best. I just bought $10 Skype credit (for landline/mobile) calls to have on hand for instances like this. Paid off too since I had to call Popcultcha in Australia yesterday actually.

Thanks! I heard that their email service in the past was pretty terrible, so I was pleasantly surprised to hear that they had actually replied to an email on the same day.

I tried to use one of the Skype monthly subscription services to call this morning (around 12-1pm their time), except it turned out that it doesn't work for the BCS phone number (it's a non-geographic number, not a landline). If the email didn't get a reply, I was going to just buy $10 in credit and call tomorrow morning (which I thankfully won't have to do now).

DioramaMaker and momaw, thanks for the suggestions/comments! I tried calling (couldn't get Skype to work) but ended up emailing Big Chief instead. Fortunately, it was an easy fix for them to just add the extra portrait and sweater to my order.

Great news.

I emailed them once a long time ago (probably around the original 10th Doctor period) and never go a reply. Emailed them twice yesterday and got quick replies. So it seems they have improved. With the volume of contact they are probably getting with the releases this week I was pretty impressed with the response time.

On another note, I wondering what the remaining bonus pieces are going to be released with. I'm hoping it's not with older Doctors as I've focused mainly on the modern ones. Just don't have the time or money to get all 13.

Thanks! I heard that their email service in the past was pretty terrible, so I was pleasantly surprised to hear that they had actually replied to an email on the same day.

I tried to use one of the Skype monthly subscription services to call this morning (around 12-1pm their time), except it turned out that it doesn't work for the BCS phone number (it's a non-geographic number, not a landline). If the email didn't get a reply, I was going to just buy $10 in credit and call tomorrow morning (which I thankfully won't have to do now).
You paid for that Skype subscription, right? Give Skype C/S a call and they'll refund you the cost. I've had to do similar things before. There are some fine print-esqe things that will break a subscription. Also make a point to cancel it! It's easy to forget it. But I'm glad it all worked out. I'm sitting this figure out, but I'm happy to see others excited.

On another note, I wondering what the remaining bonus pieces are going to be released with. I'm hoping it's not with older Doctors as I've focused mainly on the modern ones. Just don't have the time or money to get all 13.

They've mentioned Jack in the past. Perhaps with him? What's left to release with the build a figure? The hands, sword and satsuma?

You paid for that Skype subscription, right? Give Skype C/S a call and they'll refund you the cost. I've had to do similar things before. There are some fine print-esqe things that will break a subscription. Also make a point to cancel it! It's easy to forget it. But I'm glad it all worked out. I'm sitting this figure out, but I'm happy to see others excited.

I signed up for a free trial of the international calling subscription, so there's no cost on my end. But I definitely cancelled it so that I don't get charged in a month's time.

If they reached 400 pre orders in 3 days then I'd imagine 500 is long gone by now

I fell a bit behind and just ordered right now .

For anyone that still wants the bonus I was able to still get both and it showed up on my order page right away .I dont know how many are left but I was able to get one .

Just In case anyone wanted the update, Hope this helps .

I fell a bit behind and just ordered right now .

For anyone that still wants the bonus I was able to still get both and it showed up on my order page right away .I dont know how many are left but I was able to get one .

Just In case anyone wanted the update, Hope this helps .

I don't see it on my checkout page, as in the order summary page :( So I dare not check out... Emailed BCS a couple of days ago with no reply too. :huh

I don't see it on my checkout page, as in the order summary page :( So I dare not check out... Emailed BCS a couple of days ago with no reply too. :huh

I don't think it shows up in your cart before you check out; but it will show up in your order summary after you place the order. If it doesn't, you can call or email customer support to have it added.

I've had this happen a number of times and I wouldn't worry about it. I'm guessing BCS are pretty busy right, but I wouldn't hesitate to send another email, and I'm sure they will get back to you as soon as they can.

I've had this happen a number of times and I wouldn't worry about it. I'm guessing BCS are pretty busy right, but I wouldn't hesitate to send another email, and I'm sure they will get back to you as soon as they can.

Do you check back the order summary page every now and then? Because I don't know if it's just my bad luck or what, but I've been trying it for the past few days and I still don't see it :( I'm hoping BCS would reply soon with good news so that I can get on with the preorder. I've missed out the exclusive for the 12th, and am regretting it loads, so I don't want this to happen for the 9th too.

Did you do deposit only? The bonus is for people who do a payment plan or pay in full at the time of order. Customer service was nice enough to convert me to a payment plan so I could get the exclusive. E-mail them and they can take care you quickly.

Do you check back the order summary page every now and then? Because I don't know if it's just my bad luck or what, but I've been trying it for the past few days and I still don't see it :( I'm hoping BCS would reply soon with good news so that I can get on with the preorder. I've missed out the exclusive for the 12th, and am regretting it loads, so I don't want this to happen for the 9th too.

Just so you know, you'll need to place an order in order for them to make a correction that shows the accessory on your order.

Just so you know, you'll need to place an order in order for them to make a correction that shows the accessory on your order.
I don't think it shows up in your cart before you check out; but it will show up in your order summary after you place the order. If it doesn't, you can call or email customer support to have it added.
Did you do deposit only? The bonus is for people who do a payment plan or pay in full at the time of order. Customer service was nice enough to convert me to a payment plan so I could get the exclusive. E-mail them and they can take care you quickly.

I haven't paid for it yet. I'm thinking of paying it in full. So I have to check out i.e. actually pay for it before I can know whether I have the exclusive or not? Right now what I see is this...

image.jpeg

I haven't paid for it yet. I'm thinking of paying it in full. So I have to check out i.e. actually pay for it before I can know whether I have the exclusive or not? Right now what I see is this...

View attachment 222847

You only see it when you've checked out, but if you're in any doubt email the company and ask if they have any left before you pay.

Okayy... So... Albeit there was an 8 hour time difference (lol), I was too impatient to actually wait for a representative from BCS to reply my email, so I called directly to their hotline. They picked up the phone within SECONDS, and we even had a little chit chat about the weather while I do my check out :rotfl. If anyone out there still wants to buy it, here's what the friendly staff told me: The preorder count is now around 460-ish, so there's actually still about 40 orders available with the exclusive tenth portrait and black sweatshirt :)

Woo~ I should've just called sooner :yess: :lol: Hope this information helps!

Back