Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It my first issue 11th Doctor that the shoulder broke on.
I ported 9th on to a TT body with a tiny bit more height.
Once on the new body, the figure took on a whole new level of solidity and weight.
Unfortunately, I can’t recall the model: I had a look through my orders, but I think I’m pretty sure I used one that I just had lying around.
I do remember that the neck was a little too thick for the head. To retain the neck texture I sanded the inside of the head, till I got a nice fit.

It my first issue 11th Doctor that the shoulder broke on.
I ported 9th on to a TT body with a tiny bit more height.
Once on the new body, the figure took on a whole new level of solidity and weight.
Unfortunately, I can?t recall the model: I had a look through my orders, but I think I?m pretty sure I used one that I just had lying around.
I do remember that the neck was a little too thick for the head. To retain the neck texture I sanded the inside of the head, till I got a nice fit.

I?d like to see a pic of that.

Yes, I had to repair Eleven's arm as well. Took all his clothes off to get it done and when he was naked anyway this picture happened:

bath02.jpg

bath09.jpg

To stay on topic, here is a picture of the repaired Nine shoulder. As long as I can repair them, it should be okay.

DSC05817 (600 x 562).jpgDSC05963 (600 x 400).jpg

BBBCD26C-F56C-440D-85D9-FD425FEFE8F1.jpg
It doesn’t show much, but I remember thinking it made it a much better figure.

I managed to fix the arm (thanks for the advices ) but i still gonna change the body because this one is just awful. I dont understand how the body of the war and ten are perfectly fine but the one of nine is just fragile and loose.
6906bc842fb8e734dc1ed39d17840520.jpg

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Here are some picture of the ninth doctor with his new body. I'am directly going to state everything that is bad with this body in case anyone would be interested in it.
-the head doesnt fit perfectly on the neck, its still attach to it and you still can move it around, but from some angle you can see thats something is wrong.
-there is no torso articulation so its a bit less articulated than the original body there.
-the peg for the foot are ball peg, so if yiu want to attach the boots to the leg you have to remove the peg from the boots and then find a ball peg that fit both in the boots and the leg. ( personnally i did it the hard way and put hot glue in the boots and glue it to the leg )

The body still is very good, it is heavy, sturdy and feel durable. It also have good articulation. And the clothes fit it even better than the original body. Even with those issues i think its overall better than the original broken/crappy body. And for 25? it does the job and thats all i wanted.
2f745f95278edb7362ac901c6134b237.jpg
995d19d1ab55f1c78b106a92d32c11d9.jpg

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Did some work on my Zavvi 9th.
Changed the boots for leather ones. Weathering on the coat. Wire in the collar.
Add different washes and pastels to the head. Repainted the hair a bit. Still need to do something for that badly placed eye decal. And of course change that awfull body. Like i did for the original one.

Attachments

• 20221020_210919.jpg
    20221020_210919.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Did some work on my Zavvi 9th.
Changed the boots for leather ones. Weathering on the coat. Wire in the collar.
Add different washes and pastels to the head. Repainted the hair a bit. Still need to do something for that badly placed eye decal. And of course change that awfull body. Like i did for the original one.
How does the Zavvi 9th Dr head sculpt compare to the original sculpt? Is it as wide looking as the original?

I've been debating about buying Doctor 9 from Big Chief, but, after reading of how the arm breaks off, I've decided to save my money and buy something frivolous instead, like food, cat food for my kittens, paying my bills, etc. 😊

It's too bad, as I do like Doctor 9.. he should have had more than just the one season, because he was great.

Last edited:
Back