Ben Linus from LOST by Nek74

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bee!

There is definitely an excellent expression captured here. I think it will be appropriate to clean paint-ups or any level of "battle damage." Emerson has such character in his face it always looks like the wheels are turning.

Can anyone recommend a good dull-coat? I use Tamiya acrylics and I have their matte-clear spray but I've read that it sometimes has nasty side-effects on the paint job.

The only one I have used that I like is Testor's Dullcoat. All the acrylic varnishes I've used -- even the matte ones -- come out too glossy.

No prob, YoNoSe!

Just got my heads in from Anthony! Will start on them tonight.

Last edited:
Did a lot of tinkering with his eyes. I'm not 100% happy but they are probably the neatest eyes I've ever painted. I'm finally getting the hang of it, anyway.
Love this sculpt!

Ben3.jpg

MAN that is creepy!! (as it should be!) Great job YoNose.

And Marker, Anthony just let me know that yours has shipped!

Nice job Yonose!Man,that sculpt is just perfect,Anthony's best yet imo.

I hope you guys don't mind me polluting the thread with my misadventures in painting! Here's a couple more. I adjusted the eyes. They're not as neat but I much prefer the new placement, slightly higher.
Also tried out some specs!

ben5.jpg

ben4.jpg

By all means! Keep posting pics! I love seeing WIP's. Shows all the work that goes into these and pulls the curtain back a bit.

:)

And agreed on the eyes. Better placement. Where'd you get the glasses?

Glasses were from a WWII German figure, I think it was Hermann Hanke, or something like that. I got them from Monkey Depot but they are currently sold out.

I think these other ones wight be closer to Ben's on-screen glasses -
https://cgi.ebay.com/DID-1-6-Josef-Glasses-Black-Round-German-NOW-DD015F-/270711197273?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f07a50e59

These others remind me of his Dr. Linus sideways glasses bu I'm just going from memory -

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Glasses_Dragon_WWII_Wire_Rimmed_p/d1203-e48.htm

EDIT: This is the figure I got mine from, but they no longer have the glasses loose -
https://www.monkeydepot.com/DiD_Hermann_Hanke_SS_Handschar_80077_p/di0123.htm

DiD makes fantastic accessories. I don't know if you can tell but the glasses have lenses!

Don't make me cry again YoNose...

It's cool - I think that's his "yay! I've survived a plane crash" eye, not his "oooh, this stab wound hurts quite a bit...hey a plane!" eye.

Sawed some neck off, did my first build. Pants are stand-ins and I will likely swap out his man-purse for something more accurate. I don't have any Ben-specific props at the moment so the shotgun it is!

Ben6.jpg

cineLOST.jpg

LOSTgroup1.jpg

Oh, if my wife only knew the crazy shenanigans I'm up to when I'm left alone on a Friday night! :naughty

Back