LOST Sawyer hs Commission- by NEKRomantik (Buy now-Pay later)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_2772.jpg

LOTS of pics in the LOST Custom Thread!!!!
Looks great!

Here's the latest Sawyer head I painted for a fellow board member. I got the new Advanced Hot Toys TrueType half-way through painting and thought I'd see if I could paint the head to match the new, lighter skin tone. I got close, possibly close enough, but not all the way. He still looks best on the old TT Caucasian but the old TT doesn't looks as good with his shirt open.

50a6d66a.jpg

a7f0267e.jpg

47281bdf.jpg

ed6ad070.jpg
Awesome job!

I should have a Desmond painted up and ready to show in a matter of hours.... or maybe days (which, if you think about it, are made up of hours).

I just now worked up the nerve to start putting the base colors on the Sawyer head sculpt this morning. These three things became immediately clear:
1) When Juliette is ready, Brent... I want you to paint her. Man, this painting thing is going to take me weeks, and will not come close to your amazing work.
2) NEK.... holy crap! You did an amazing job. Just slapping a little paint on it, and I instantly knew this sculpt is Sawyer even with my completely novice attempt.
PIC_0293.jpg

PIC_0289.jpg

Last edited:
3. I obviously can't count. LOL.. What is this talk about Desmond?

Great job Chig!

I swear one of these days I'm gonna try and paint these heads, you guys make it look so much fun!!!

I just now worked up the nerve to start putting the base colors on the Sawyer head sculpt this morning. These three things became immediately clear:
1) When Juliette is ready, Brent... I want you to paint her. Man, this painting thing is going to take me weeks, and will not come close to your amazing work.
2) NEK.... holy crap! You did an amazing job. Just slapping a little paint on it, and I instantly knew this sculpt is Sawyer even with my completely novice attempt.
PIC_0293.jpg

PIC_0289.jpg

1) Cool, it would be my pleasure! And, yeah, there's a lot of time, materials and learning involved. But you're on the right track there! You've got the spirit of the character and that's the most important and most difficult part. He's looking good there.
2) Yes, Nek does amazing work!

LOL... I have no clue what I am doing. All I know is I have to mix red, yellow sienna, white and who knows what to get a flesh tone. I think I may have to get a magnifying glass and a strong light when it comes time to add the detail.

Yep I am definitely talking myself into you doing all the painting on my future purchases for sure. :slap

1) Cool, it would be my pleasure! And, yeah, there's a lot of time, materials and learning involved. But you're on the right track there! You've got the spirit of the character and that's the most important and most difficult part. He's looking good there.
2) Yes, Nek does amazing work!

DSCF2720.jpg

DSCF2721.jpg

Still trying to paint Sawyer myself. Here he is after applying a bit more paint. Can you still tell it is Sawyer?

Sure can. Great job!

Thanks. I still have no clue what I am doing. LOL I guess I need to move the gun to the other hand. I think I need to paint some circles under his eyes, accentuate the wrinkles at the brow and add some highlights to the hair, and finish details on the iris of his eyes.
Then I will go look at one Brent did and be amazed at his skill. Maybe there is some semi transparent finish I put on it afterward..... Honestly,
I have no clue. I should google this or something. I am just winging it.

Here's the latest Sawyer I painted up. Thought I'd bump this thread to show it off. :)

a7647653.jpg

c3c25d6a.jpg

15e3f44d.jpg

Back