LOST Desmond Hume sculpt by NEKRomantik

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, has it been that long already? I just ate dinner and watched Hells Kitchen. Now I'm reading up on Big Brother spoilers while I wait for my camera to charge. ;)

Nice choice on the Hell's Kitchen Beeshaw. Love that show.

I do too, but it's getting WAY too predictable. They need to shake things up a bit if they decide to bring it back for next season. I'm diggin' Master Chef quite a bit though. That's what I'll be watching once I load these pics up (God bless my PVR :wink1:)

Overall I'm quite impressed with Nek's sculpt!! The little failsafe key is sooooo tiny, yet soooo detailed! It's truly impressive. :clap (I'm totally going to lose it though.)

The only mod I'm going to make is to Dremel a bit more of the neck hole at the back of his hair. The TTL's neck protrudes forward a bit so it's a little slopey going into the back. The hole that Nek (graciously) supplied is pretty much straight up into the head. So I need to create more of an angle from the back so it sits properly since the hair is resting on the back of the neck instead of the back. ( I think I lost myself). Just a heads up for those of you who are still deciding on bodies.

PICS!
102_2695.jpg

102_2694.jpg

102_2693.jpg

102_2696.jpg

102_2725.jpg

And with a sneak peek at my newly cankled up (and rolled up pants standing in for shorts and not yet fattened) Hurley. ;)

102_2715.jpg

A before and after (using Desmond's chicken leg). I will paint the Hurley legs.

102_2720.jpg

It needed to be done. These legs were SKINNY! I think once I paint them up they'll look pretty good. Now to do the same for the fore arms!

Thanks for the pics! Desmond looks awesome. His head still looks a bit bigger than Sawyer´s to me, more normal. Hope you receive your Sawyer soon so you can tell me if it´s just me, or the body I´m using or if it really is (maybe it´s the "unpainted white" which makes it look a bit bigger).

Great work on Hurley´s leg! :D

Ha! We were watching Hell's Kitchen over here too! Those are some great shots and good work on the ankles!

Thanks for the pics! Desmond looks awesome. His head still looks a bit bigger than Sawyer´s to me, more normal. Hope you receive your Sawyer soon so you can tell me if it´s just me, or the body I´m using or if it really is (maybe it´s the "unpainted white" which makes it look a bit bigger).

Great work on Hurley´s leg! :D

I'm thinking now that what you're picking up on might be Sawyer's clothes. In my pictures of Sawyer and in beeshaw's Desmond there, what you're seeing is a form-fitting Hot Toys shirt that fits him like a glove. And in my Sawyer pics he's also wearing a pair of hip hugging Hot Toys jeans.

I'm thinking now that what you're picking up on might be Sawyer's clothes. In my pictures of Sawyer and in beeshaw's Desmond there, what you're seeing is a form-fitting Hot Toys shirt that fits him like a glove. And in my Sawyer pics he's also wearing a pair of hip hugging Hot Toys jeans.

Yeah I think you´re right. I thought that about the jeans my Sawyer is wearing so I´ll try with another ones, see if it works better.
Hot Toys jeans right? I´ll look for them on ebay. Thanks :)

Thanks guys. :)

Cris, I'm using the same outfit on my DES that Brent was showing the Sawyer off with. The jeans are Hot Toys Wolverine. I should get Sawyer any day now and you KNOW I'll throw pics up when I get him. :)

Got the Desmond Sculpt today too,thanks alot Nek,this one is dead on Desmond,your best LOST sculpt yet.

Will post pics of my Desmond idea later today :)

Hey, has anyone painted Desmond yet? I'd LOVE to see some pics! --Rande

Hey, has anyone painted Desmond yet? I'd LOVE to see some pics! --Rande

I have but I'm not too happy with it, I don't seem to be able to make him look like Desmond. I'm not sure if it's the hair color or the eye brows maybe or maybe it's just me. It's a great sculpt though I just can't get it quite right. I'm also waiting for a blue shirt I ordered.

Maybe tonight I'll post a pic and you guys can pick it to pieces and shove me in the right direction.
I also need to tear my room apart and find the fail safe key, I know I put it somewhere for safe keeping but I can't for the life of me remember where :lol

Well I plan on reworking the paint job quite a bit but I just wanted to get a little direction first:)

desmond-01-1.jpg

That actually looks really good Itchy!

I don't know if it's the lighting in the pic or not, but the beard seems to have a bit of a reddish hue in it. Maybe darken it up with a little deeper brown?

4394.gif

That actually looks really good Itchy!

I don't know if it's the lighting in the pic or not, but the beard seems to have a bit of a reddish hue in it. Maybe darken it up with a little deeper brown?

Thanks for the feedback brotha:)
The thing I've found with painting is that the head can look great sitting in your hand but when you photograph it and blow it up on a twenty two inch screen it look like crap :lol

I touched it up a little but I've, somehow, managed to make him look kinda drunk. So I have had to give him a bottle of McCutheon's;)

desmond-02-1.jpg

Back