LOST Desmond Hume sculpt by NEKRomantik

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Itchy, great paint job brotha! What body did you use for him?

Thanks man:)
It's a Soldier Story body. Very similar to the TTL 3.0 but a bit cheaper, you can usually find a loose one on eBay or somewhere. Just make sure it has the neck post with it.

Hey Itchybitz, I think Desmond's head looks really great, but because it is so good and really makes him look like he's been out in the tropical sun, it's a bit weird to see it on top of a uniformly pale body. If you painted the visible parts of his skin to match the head sculpt I think the contrast would not be so jarring and make the head look a lot more integrated with the body. Whenever I paint a head now, I always paint the hands to match (because that is usually all that shows) and I think it makes a big difference in the realism of the final figure. Plus, painting hands and bodies is a lot less fiddly than painting heads and you never have to worry about how the eyes come out!

Yeah, that's my one knock against the Soldier Story bodies. Their chests are so pale! I do like the forearms better than the TTL's though.

Itchy, not sure if it's the pic or not, but Desmond's right eye looks a little smaller than the left. Again, like you've said, it's hard to get good pics of these paint jobs, so it may just be the lighting or whatever. But I dig it man!

Yeah, that's my one knock against the Soldier Story bodies. Their chests are so pale! I do like the forearms better than the TTL's though.

Itchy, not sure if it's the pic or not, but Desmond's right eye looks a little smaller than the left. Again, like you've said, it's hard to get good pics of these paint jobs, so it may just be the lighting or whatever. But I dig it man!

I normally paint the upper body at the same time as the head, so it matches just right. But I forgot on this one, I will do it though.

The eyes are a mess, I know. I have done them three times now and I keep screwing them up, I may just start over.

Cool paint job. Love the sneakers too. lol I have to search for some clothing to use. Of course, stand him in some weeds and I can just say the hatch exploded.

Cool paint job. Love the sneakers too. lol I have to search for some clothing to use. Of course, stand him in some weeds and I can just say the hatch exploded.

:lol

Here he is with his blue shirt and a slightly modified paint job...

desmond-03-1.jpg

WOO HOO!
I found the failsafe key :banana

It was behind my desk hidden among all the wires and cables, which themselves were hidden behind a mountain of discarded boxes and packaging resulting from all the stuff I've been ordering. I really am a terrible slob:slap

desmond-06.jpg

desmond-07.jpg

Just a tease... the Desmonds on my plate are done! Pictures to come! Some heads sooner than others. (I lost a battle with the setting, overcast sun today.) :panic::panic::panic:

Last edited:
9b0a9357.jpg

I wish I hadn't let Sawyer look right at the camera in this shot. Makes him look like he's trying to read a cue card that's too far away.

Sawyer's giving the death stare and Des is trying to figure what the he'll is going on! Lol

Fantastic Job again!!!!!!!

Back