Beauty and the Beast (live action) - starring Emma Watson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you tell Gad's gay in the movie?

Is he always looking at Gaston's package or something? Does he tell everyone he's gay and oh so proud of it?

Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

Here are all of LeFou's gay moments, including a scene of Mrs Potts telling him he can do better than Gaston: https://www.vulture.com/2017/03/heres-the-exclusively-gay-moment-in-beauty-and-the-beast.html

It's too bad that Disney is drawing an anti-Christian line in the sand with their political agenda but we knew this day was coming.

Yes we all know that gay folks are a "reality" but there are many behaviors and realities that have no place in family entertainment and regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the homosexual lifestyle it's a highly divisive issue that absolutely did not need to be shoehorned into the story. I am so sick of the constant politicizing of escapist entertainment. Oh well. We'll always have the classic animated version.

Last edited:
Here are all of LeFou's gay moments, including a scene of Mrs Potts telling him he can do better than Gaston: https://www.vulture.com/2017/03/heres-the-exclusively-gay-moment-in-beauty-and-the-beast.html

It's too bad that Disney is drawing an anti-Christian line in the sand with their political agenda but we knew this day was coming.

Yes we all know that gay folks are a "reality" but there are many behaviors and realities that have no place in family entertainment and regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the homosexual lifestyle it's a highly divisive issue that absolutely did not need to be shoehorned into the story. I am so sick of the constant politicizing of escapist entertainment. Oh well. We'll always have the classic animated version.

From the sound of the article it seems like it's a blink-and-miss it, possible moment. Neither here nor there.

I think the creatives behind Frozen have sort of "not exactly but still" confirmed that the dude who owns the store has a family with a male mate.

oh yeah, thats right.
Plus the two sisters had that weird thing going on :lol

For as publicized as they were making it, I was expecting a something a little more. Especially considering the fact that the actor who plays Gastan is gay in real life ... even though, he shouldn't be at the complete end of the film anyway.

It makes me happy that they did whatever they have done though, in addition to the Disney cartoon which showed same sex couples kissing in a scene this week as well. A little progress and hopefully in a short time there won't be news articles about gay couples being represented in Hollywood films because it's not a big deal.

TftQfIY.gif

For as publicized as they were making it, I was expecting a something a little more. Especially considering the fact that the actor who plays Gastan is gay in real life ... even though, he shouldn't be at the complete end of the film anyway.

It makes me happy that they did whatever they have done though, in addition to the Disney cartoon which showed same sex couples kissing in a scene this week as well. A little progress and hopefully in a short time there won't be news articles about gay couples being represented in Hollywood films because it's not a big deal.

TftQfIY.gif

:goodpost::love:1-1:

This is only the beginning.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope so... or Poe already has a husband or in a relationship which would be even better.

I could totally see them making Kylo Ren gay or maybe even asexual (which most bad guys are anyway)

Finn showed attraction to Rey so I'm not sure they will make him gay.

For Christ's sakes, the character's name is "LeFou," and, even in the original, he was fawning over Gaston. He could've been played by Rip Taylor and he couldn't have been gayer, and that's what people are getting worked up about? That he dances with a dude who likes dresses? I was thinking he makes a move on Gaston or something and they both chalk it up to an awkward mistake, but goddamn, people are making this **** out like there's some grade-A, first class butt ****ing going on in their Disney movies.:lol Look, I get it, I grew up in a church family and once had a cousin who lectured me on how a salmon colored shirt is "furthering the homosexual agenda."

All that being said, reading what those "gay moments" are? If anything, it seems like Disney overinflating the whole situation for publicity, and, frankly, its kind of ridiculous. Oh, you want a medal for having two dudes dance together? Point being: I don't even see how, from the perspective of a kid, it would seem inherently "gay." Funny, maybe; "hey, look! Two guys dancing," but, unless you were to explicitly point out "no, Billy; those two dudes are sexually attracted to one and other, and that's why you're not allowed to like this movie; this movie musical about a prince and princess falling in love...wait a minute, if I'm that afraid of you turning out gay, I should probably seriously rethink taking you to all these princess movies. We don't want you to turn out like Tommy down the street; 'Bronie' my ass..."

I don't know. Seems to me like people on both sides getting worked up over nothing. I may not agree with it, but I suppose I can understand not wanting your kids to admire fornicating Superman, but this seems like something your kids might not even notice, unless you go out of your way to make them aware of it. Personally? I feel like representation is important, even at such young ages, and hear me out on this: it's not about agreeing or disagreeing. It's about acceptance. You don't have to like it, but, people don't go to jail for being gay, anymore; at least, not in this country; gay marriage is legal, and, suddenly, something that was once, somewhat, on the fringes of society (because it had to be) is now...well, "out."

If you want to teach your kids not to be gay on account of the Bible or whatever, that's your prerogative as a parent, I guess, even if my own beliefs on the subject have me believing doing so is pretty ****ty. I don't think it's as simple as "don't be gay," but, hell, they're your kids (I'm not saying your kids are going to be gay, by the way; just saying, in a general sense, parents are going to parent the way that best fits them), but I think it's about socialization. I think we can all agree that it's probably not okay to walk up to two guys holding hands and tell them to stop because it's making you uncomfortable? And, in that sense, I think it might not be a bad idea to get your kids acclimated to the world that they live in (again, not 'your' kids, but 'your' in the general sense).

Great post. I'm a firm believer that people are born gay... I don't think people wake up one day and choose to be gay. I feel the same way about gender fluidity. If people think that just because young viewers are seeing gay couples kiss, dance, or be in a relationship, that their kid will turn gay (which I think is laughable), or they don't want their kids to see that because "ew", then they need to face reality and teach their kids about the world we live in today.

Representation in big films like these is important because it's about acceptance. Gay marriage is legal, gay couples can adopt kids, gay people have been given right against bigots/prejudice by the Supreme Court. The less *******s growing up being homophobic out there in our future = the better.

Hell, Christians should be more upset about Belle falling in love with an "Animal" more so than two guys dancing. :lol

I do agree that disney is making a bigger deal for publicity. They are using the excuse of the gay moment for drama and so that people talk about this movie more.

Publicity stunt. Pretty obvious

It's no secret that if you're a liberal or an atheist or gay then chances are you'll think that it's "****y" to follow God's teachings in the Bible. That's a point that doesn't need to be made or countered. What's lame is that BatB was an all ages story that polarized no one and divided no one until Disney's last minute political propaganda with a subplot that never existed before. And that's what sucks.

I'd feel the exact same way if the tables were turned. For instance if some dude tried to dance with LeFou and he said "Ew! No thank you!" and then went off and danced with a girl. A dumb political statement that would have been just as out of place.

So again, even though in this case I'm on the side that doesn't agree with the "message," such divisive messages just shouldn't ever be shoehorned into a universally loved escapist story in the first place.

Last edited:
It is kinda weird that disney has gay characters in movies Before ever having a mixed couple, has disney ever had interracial couples in their movies? I cant think of any.
Seems like white priviledge is still the main ruling even in a studio as "progressive" as disney.
Gay couples in both frozen, finding dory and now this. But god forbid people of different races are in love.
Those are some f'ed up priorities. Their movies dont even really have minorities in them. Is mostly white characters dating each other. Even the gay ones.

It is kinda weird that disney has gay characters in movies Before ever having a mixed couple, has disney ever had interracial couples in their movies? I cant think of any.
Seems like white priviledge is still the main ruling even in a studio as "progressive" as disney.

I know that some people don't think that Princess and the Frog "counts" because the two main characters spent most of the movie as frogs but technically Tiana was black and I believe Prince Naveen was hispanic (though the name Naveen is Indian.)

I know that some people don't think that Princess and the Frog "counts" because the two main characters spent most of the movie as frogs but technically Tiana was black and I believe Prince Naveen was hispanic (though the name Naveen is Indian.)

He was hispanic????? Wow i didnt know.

Pocahontas
Hunchback of Notre Dame (kind of)
Princess and the Frog
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (if they go there with Rey and Finn, which they most likely will)
Beauty and the Beast (new version has two interracial couples: https://www.glamour.com/story/beauty-and-the-beast-first-interracial-kisses-in-disney-history )

Lots of interracial couples on the Disney Channel shows

Back