Beauty and the Beast (live action) - starring Emma Watson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, I've always thought Hugh Jackman would make an excellent live action Gaston.

Oh..wait...

hugh.jpg
tumblr_mint7ySQlU1s3c8cco3_1280.jpg

Never had real interest in this Disney production. But if Mr. Green somehow watch it, it will probably be due to random chances or bored or w/e circumstances.

Some of you guys seem to get political correct version of movies, lol.

Growing up I wasn't a big fan of the Disney animated films because of all the singing and the animation...sometimes.

That's probably one of the reasons Toy Story became my favorite animated film of all time, no singing.

I watched Aladdin and The Lion King as a child but none of them resonated with me so much that I continue watching them as an adult. Same goes for CG animation though - I know that films like the Toy Story trilogy, The Incredibles and Monsters Inc are good - I've seen them - but I never feel compelled to watch them again.

i never saw disney movies as girl movies when i was little. It never occurred to me that they were even only kid movies.
When I was a kid to me they just felt like the equivalent of "Summer Blockbusters" or the big event movies of those years. Everyone in school would watch them (Boys or Girls) and the singing felt like a normal part of the movie...

I grew up watching almost all the disney films as just regular films. Sure toy Story changed things up a bit but that movie felt different because of the technology.

I shunned most Disney movies as a kid, though those were the dark days of Disney films. Today I enjoy Disney and think Beauty and the Beast is one of the greatest animated films ever made.

And yeah, Gaston's casting is horrible. Really needed a larger than life actor, he is not it.

I grew up watching almost all the disney films as just regular films. Sure toy Story changed things up a bit but that movie felt different because of the technology.

The technology was a huge deal because there was nothing like it and it changed how animated films were made to this day, that even Disney had to make the transition to CGI. The other reason Toy Story resonated with me was because of the plot and characters. On the surface, it was a film about action figures, something I could relate to since action figures were a major part of my generation.

The Disney films on the other hand were musicals about princesses or animals. They may have had adult themes and interesting characters, but I couldn't connect to the Little Mermaid, Simba, or Cinderella. And yes, I saw Disney films as girl films...with the exception of the occasional Hercules or The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but what boy who's into super heroes and movie action heroes wants to be a hunchback? Hercules looked cool, but the "action" and story were filled with comedy.

Ironically, I loved the Popeye cartoons, but he was basically a superhero.

The technology was a huge deal because there was nothing like it and it changed how animated films were made to this day, that even Disney had to make the transition to CGI. The other reason Toy Story resonated with me was because of the plot and characters. On the surface, it was a film about action figures, something I could relate to since action figures were a major part of my generation.

The Disney films on the other hand were musicals about princesses or animals. They may have had adult themes and interesting characters, but I couldn't connect to the Little Mermaid, Simba, or Cinderella. And yes, I saw Disney films as girl films...with the exception of the occasional Hercules or The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but what boy who's into super heroes and movie action heroes wants to be a hunchback? Hercules looked cool, but the "action" and story were filled with comedy.

Ironically, I loved the Popeye cartoons, but he was basically a superhero.

thats just because you have no heart and have a soul as black as coal :exactly:

but to reply seriously, What i meant is that for me at the time and kids i knew, Toy Story was a kids movie but the technology made it feel like Avatar of the time.
Kind of like a movie that had toys and was for kids but like a movie that adults were seeing because of the technology. It didn't feel like a little kids movie, felt more like Avatar did.

I've been a fan of Disney's animated movies for years. I was buying them on laserdisc long before I was ever married with a child. Most of these movies I bought on laserdisc, DVD and Blu-ray.

the biggest movie event of the 90s that I can remember was Lion King (before Star wars Phantom Menace) or Titanic. (maybe Jumanji?)

I remember the news talking about Lion King and tv shows talking about it and special segments and the theaters had this Huge giant posters and wall art. I remember the toys everywhere and commercials every tv break. Remember all the kids in school going, it was like the movie you couldn't miss.

then I remember almost all the kids in the theater crying when Mufasa died. (I didnt cry because I was more freaked out than sad, like scared for simba)

Never had real interest in this Disney production. But if Mr. Green somehow watch it, it will probably be due to random chances or bored or w/e circumstances.

Some of you guys seem to get political correct version of movies, lol.

lol I like that you sometimes talk in third person.

i never saw disney movies as girl movies when i was little. It never occurred to me that they were even only kid movies.
When I was a kid to me they just felt like the equivalent of "Summer Blockbusters" or the big event movies of those years. Everyone in school would watch them (Boys or Girls) and the singing felt like a normal part of the movie...

You got to be a 90s kid to truly enjoy these films lol. I loved all the 90s Disney movies. So well done and such great music.

Hellfire
Be prepared
Colors of the wind
Be our guest
Part of your world
A whole new world
To be king
Go the distance

List goes on. I miss those days

the biggest movie event of the 90s that I can remember was Lion King (before Star wars Phantom Menace) or Titanic. (maybe Jumanji?)

I remember the news talking about Lion King and tv shows talking about it and special segments and the theaters had this Huge giant posters and wall art. I remember the toys everywhere and commercials every tv break. Remember all the kids in school going, it was like the movie you couldn't miss.

then I remember almost all the kids in the theater crying when Mufasa died. (I didnt cry because I was more freaked out than sad, like scared for simba)

Yeah, The Lion King was big. Also Jurassic Park in 93.

I only vaguely remember Jurassic Park coming out, but even at the age of 3 I recall a lot of kids talking about it.

Titanic was the first film I remember that everyone absolutely had to see. Everyone was talking about it for what seemed like months and ads for it were everywhere. It was one of those films that appealed to everyone in a different way, weather it be the romance, the action, the special effects, the history, ect.
It also helped that this was the first time that most of the people my age had seen a boob onscreen. LOL.

Disney films were always this fact of life for a kid in the 90s. Every year a new one would come out and it would be enjoyable. It was like the passing of the seasons. At that age the specific quality of the films wasn't a thing. We just enjoyed them all.

Back