BD IM MK 3 Lifesize Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how half of the pics in the gallery of the BD version are actually of the "undamaged" version. IMO, this is piss poor effort by SS.

The head looks ok until you see the rest of it, why if his armour was made of metal did they leave it the fibreglass colour showing through instead of a metal finish? A bad attempt to fix a problem by making it worse.

Looks to me like someone hooked their regular Iron Man bust on to the car and drove around the block.

I love how half of the pics in the gallery of the BD version are actually of the "undamaged" version. IMO, this is piss poor effort by SS.

Oh I know right?!!?!?!?! What's the point of that?!?!?!

Looks to me like someone hooked their regular Iron Man bust on to the car and drove around the block.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I think it's funny how the regular IM 1:1 is now "sold out" with a WL available all of a sudden, and now the have IN STOCK battle damaged busts :confused: Just ridiculous....

A MKII version would have been so much better to do with the returns, this just feels really, really weak...

I really was contemplating on the bd bust UNTIL the pics came out. Well more money towards the predalien bust I guess. Please Sideshow don't drop the ball on that one.

So I'm sure that SS is well aware of the frustrations that many collectors experienced with the IM 1:1...... Has SS released any kind of explanation as to what happened with this???? I just think it would be good PR to address this issue with the public......

So I'm sure that SS is well aware of the frustrations that many collectors experienced with the IM 1:1...... Has SS released any kind of explanation as to what happened with this???? I just think it would be good PR to address this issue with the public......

Have they ever done anything like that before? If not I doubt they'll change.

Well, you know if you guys all stopped buying their ^^^^, they might actually do that, but that won't be happening soon.

That's why I stopped buying from them, I just got tired of their bull^^^^!

Well, you know if you guys all stopped buying their ^^^^, they might actually do that, but that won't be happening soon.

That's why I stopped buying from them, I just got tired of their bull^^^^!

Well I can almost bet that their sales have dropped dramatically.... Now how to distinguish if that's due to the economy or customers being disappointed in the dropping quality of SS, that would be difficult...

:idea i think we should just have all threads about this product deleted in the Marvel section or at least 1 of em :duh cause frankly the conversation is redundant in the fact that this piece blows and it was a stupid move on SS part. true, they really didnt have any other options as far as what to do with the returns cause it would cost them hella money to repaint all of them again, but thats what they get for tryin to make 1500 of them to begin with...........

true, they really didnt have any other options as far as what to do with the returns cause it would cost them hella money to repaint all of them again, but thats what they get for tryin to make 1500 of them to begin with...........

I don't agree with this. They could have hit a homerun with this piece.

This was obviously based off of the Golmera Conflict portion of the film.

closeuptrw.jpg

If they had added bullet holes if they painted the scratched to make it look like steel instead just allowing the fiberglass to show, it they had even Battle Damaged the base a bit it would have been better than what we got. That is if they had to by order of Marvel keep towards something in the film. If they didn't and could actually got nuts with it, then they should have really damaged the hell out of this thing, made one light flicker, made the mask broken or the chest plate broken and cracked to show the exoskeleton underneath. Literally it would have taken just a little bit of sculpting, minimal in order to turned his around and make it something to really want. They could have probably gotten away with just painting it instead of sculpting it and made it better than what we got. It was a missed opportunity because to really go out and make it as Battle Damaged as possible was an option.

I don't agree with this. They could have hit a homerun with this piece.

This was obviously based off of the Golmera Conflict portion of the film.

If they had added bullet holes if they painted the scratched to make it look like steel instead just allowing the fiberglass to show, it they had even Battle Damaged the base a bit it would have been better than what we got. That is if they had to by order of Marvel keep towards something in the film. If they didn't and could actually got nuts with it, then they should have really damaged the hell out of this thing, made one light flicker, made the mask broken or the chest plate broken and cracked to show the exoskeleton underneath. Literally it would have taken just a little bit of sculpting, minimal in order to turned his around and make it something to really want. They could have probably gotten away with just painting it instead of sculpting it and made it better than what we got. It was a missed opportunity because to really go out and make it as Battle Damaged as possible was an option.

I totally agree. This looks so CORNY just because it looks like SS just took all the regular IM 1:1's and just took some sand paper to them and called it "the brand new battle damaged version"!!!!! Thats lame.....

The thing that bothers me most about this piece is the price. As we all have speculated, I think it's fair to say we know where the return busts from the original run went and I just don't think the price on this piece is justified IMO. But to each his own. For a few hundred dollars cheaper, I could see myself buying this. As it stands now though, I'm going to pass.

The price couldn't change. It essentially is the same bust with some "BD" added to it. If they lowered the price on it they'd be saying that a version that is more elaborate (from SSC's Point of View) was actually cheaper to produce than the original, it'd be shooting themselves in the foot from a business standpoint, remember SSC hasn't said these are the returns even though the populus pretty much agrees that it is so as far as the official story is concerned they created the bust and battle damaged it. Even making it to the "reduced Express Update" price would undercut their original pricepoint. Its stupid business sense to make their prices look originally inflated or originally unrealistic not to mention piss off the customers who bought the first one from SSC directly.

Back