BD IM MK 3 Lifesize Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark 2 has been expected and rumored since the Mark 3 starting shipping. The Mark 3 is a fantastic bust and those of use who got good ones will testify just how striking it really is, some of the collectors here even polished it up and got a really great shine out of it. The BD Mark 3 will look fantastic to just about everyone who orders it because the paint damages or imperfections will look as if done on purpose....now you just have to worry about breakage.

Well the smudges and uneven paint, yes. But the paint peeling, no.

The look of the damage is the Golmera/Whiplash Fighters damage so I wouldn't expect anything too radical.

imm3bd.jpg

ironmanmovie18.jpg

closeupa.jpg

A few bullet holes but mostly paint "damage" and a couple of spots where the actual piece was scarred or "burned".

Im hoping they do somthing new with the base though....I was never crazy about the first one. Looked like he had an iron pike rammed up his butt...

Chris

Interesting.

I left a comment on the IM Mark III Battle Damaged Life-size bust.

It never made it.

I said something about having to get my original getting repainted and chromed.

Should we not all be putting these comments on their website page? Let them know.

Interesting.

It never made it.

Should we not all be putting these comments on their website page? Let them know.

I'm sure they're WELL aware of the issues with the paint..... I don't think I've ever seen ONE negative comment posted on this site about any of the SS products though.... Kinda makes ya wonder :sick

The thing I wouldnt like is that, if in fact those were created via the returned ones,You would own something that someone previously had in their hands...You know a lot of freaks masturbates here and touch their collectibles afterwards...:monkey1

Geez man! Thank you for ruining the thought of second hand stuff.

I dont see them charging less than the price of the original one.700$

Anyone who thinks this won't be exactly the same as the first, base and all except for the "Battle Damage" which is paint and slight holes (The film damage isn't that extensive) and cost exactly the same is living in a dreamworld. This is will be the same $700 and probably be limited to the amount returned.

It will also separate the separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of actual Iron Man fans.

Anyone who thinks this won't be exactly the same as the first, base and all except for the "Battle Damage" which is paint and slight holes (The film damage isn't that extensive) and cost exactly the same is living in a dreamworld. This is will be the same $700 and probably be limited to the amount returned.

It will also separate the separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of actual Iron Man fans.

I don't agree with the last part you said.

Interesting.

It never made it.

I'm sure they're WELL aware of the issues with the paint..... I don't think I've ever seen ONE negative comment posted on this site about any of the SS products though.... Kinda makes ya wonder :sick

The messages are most certainly screened. It'd be silly not to.

So... let me get this right.
These battle damaged versions that are going to be released are likely to be returns of the original bust with added features and maybe some parts fixed up ?.
And there going to be sold as new ?.

If someone who isn't familiar with sideshow buys a battle damaged iron man bust surely there expecting it be brand new.
Is it common for companys to do this ?. Shouldn't it say somewhere these were returns ?.

I can understand why some of you find this a little frustrating and even laughable.
I personally don't have a problem as long as the bust is in good nick and looks fine but I can imagine some people would if they found this out after they bought it.

It's just speculation at this point if this is what they are actually doing, but it seems to make the most sense on turning over a damaged (i.e. paint damage) piece.

I guess the base text will have to be repainted as well.

the sad thing is that i still really want to get the regular version regardless of the problems that are known. i'm holding out until later this year to search for a mint one.

Back