BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't decide if I'd want the cream jacket or the dark brown one for 7. I feel like the cream is probably the more iconic one?

Both would be nice...maybe they could include one of them along with an alternate hat band as
accessories?....but i love season 26...for me the last great season with a darker and more mysterious Doctor....sublime..
Still a great shame it ended when it did...just when Andrew Cartmel was giving us something special...

Yeah, season 26 was my favorite season of his. I do agree having both with one figure would be great. Although to be totally accurate I suppose he'd need an alt tie and hat at least?

Both would be nice...maybe they could include one of them along with an alternate hat band as
accessories?....but i love season 26...for me the last great season with a darker and more mysterious Doctor....sublime..
Still a great shame it ended when it did...just when Andrew Cartmel was giving us something special...

I too would like both jackets included (ala 9’s multiple t-shirts). I would hope the same for 5 to include both versions of his cricket sweater.

I too would like both jackets included (ala 9’s multiple t-shirts). I would hope the same for 5 to include both versions of his cricket sweater.

Maybe they’ll do it as a preorder exclusive? I too was hoping we’d get a sweater variation with Five, and two jackets for Three.

Getting back on topic, I’m thrilled that The Master’s Urn comes with Eight! I wish they’d thrown in a couple more tools and the TARDIS tool bag though!

Yeah when I look at the original Hartnell sculpt again it looks fantastic. I think it's just the simplistic paint job on the final figure I'm reacting to more than anything (which gives it the same kind of slightly cartoony look as the Series 4 Tennant).

But maybe one of these days I'll feel inspired to pick one up and repaint it.

Hartnell has the best paint apps of any Big Chief Doctor Who figure, in my opinion. If they had all been to that quality I would have been very happy.

As for the Seventh Doctor, the white jacket, hat with hatband and matching scarf is the look that most screams McCoy's Doctor to me, and the one that my mind's eye immediately goes to when his Doctor is mentioned, so that's the one I'd be hoping for if they picked just one look. I certainly wouldn't say no to some switch out clothing accessories, though.

It doesn't even have a projected date listed on it on the website any more, so who knows...

Really curious to see how this turns out. I wasn't crazy about the sculpt before, but looking at pics again it does seem to look decent enough, and might be something I can live with (much like the sculpt for Eccleston).

Well damn =/

Big Chief Collectibles said:
8th Doctor Product Update
Dear customer,

Firstly we wanted to thank you for your continued patience whilst you await the arrival of your eagerly anticipated 8th Doctor Sixth Scale Character Replica Figure.

We wanted to update you as to how we are progressing.

As we reported via our update emails back in June and then in November of last year, tooling was in the process of being located, collated, checked and transferred to the new factory. We were originally advised that the transfer would be completed by the end of September, but was actually completed mid December, which meant that production could not begin as we had hoped in October.

Throughout the holiday season we have been working closely with the new factory to check the tooling in advance of production. There is not a great deal of time before Chinese New Year and the annual holiday celebrations throughout China, so production will re-commence upon the factory’s return to work.

We are yet to be advised of the final completion date by the new factory, but we will keep you posted with further updates, together with production images as soon as we receive them.

Thank you for your support and patience

The BIG Chief Studios Team.

Sigh.

Yep. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at all disappointed. For China to have taken a nearly three month sabbatical on prepping this piece, feels like they don’t care that much about BCS or their customers.

My confidence in this new factory has taken a hit.

Excuse my cynicism, but it is rather easy, not to mention convenient, to vaguely and continually blame nameless other parties for every single problem that comes along, rather than taking any responsibility for any of the problems or delays themselves. Particularly when those other parties are never actually going to be around to say otherwise or defend themselves. At this point it just feels like the corporate version of a dog ate my homework. At least to me, anyway. And regardless, at this point, true or not, I'm a bit beyond caring about the excuses anyway, or the pointing of fingers. The end result is the same, more delays with no end in sight.

That said, I can't help but wonder what the excuse will be for the next set of delays, or, God forbid, if this new factory doesn't deliver the quality increase that has been promised. But no matter what happens, if there are more problems or more delays, I'm sure it still won't ever be Big Chief's fault in any way, it seemingly never is... :horse

I keep hoping BCS will finally turn the corner and prove my doubts and fears and growing cynicism completely wrong, they have two licenses I truly care about, their core sculpts are usually very good (meaning I've been able to salvage even the disappointing releases with a good repaint, turning them into pieces I am truly glad to own...well, except Rose), and I genuinely hate being a negative ass about the company as often as I feel like I am, because I actually want them to do well, but alas these days they sure don't make it easy to keep the faith... :huh

Still, could be worse, I guess. At least they're not Molecule8... :lol

So summer at the earliest then? That means they'll have had my money for 2 years. I kind of feel like shipping should be comped for those of us who have been waiting so long.

Jeez. I didn't have this one on preorder, but it's still disappointing to see these continuing long delays with their DW figures. Good news though is this will probably be selling for super cheap on eBay in a year, just like Rose, Clara, and the War Doctor.

:slap Are we ever going to see this figure? It had better be worth all these delays, still I am not surprised that it's been delayed again. Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence when pre-ordering from them does it? Makes me wonder what we'll end up getting.

Totally agree with the above post though, free shipping should definitely be provided when this figure gets released.

I’m with Vincent. I’ve waited more than 2 years for other BC figures, and yes, after having my cash for 2 years, free shipping would be appreciated.
Currently, my love of all things Who has wained. I probably wouldn’t buy this figure now.
Tastes come and go, so mega delays in product like this are not cool.

At least this is still being released...but i'm worried about future releases. Will the 3rd Doctor ever make it into production? If it goes the Launch pad route i doubt it...but i hope i'm wrong.

No i'm not a fan of the whole Launch pad thing...it smacks of a company in financial difficulties...

With those that won’t buy a female doctor figure or won’t preorder any figure, I suspect if the 13th doc launchpad fails to get the figure into production the 3rd doc and any other classic doctor figures will be a lot less likely.

People talk about BCS shifting the blame. Well, the reality here is the one thing they can be "blamed" for is choosing the factory they chose. That's pretty much it. Factories make promises. They say they can come through. Hell, some even do okay one time, but don't keep their standards up. And the business with the factory has been shady in the extreme. Gathering the molds and getting them transferred has been a colossal pain in the ass.

The thing to remember here is this... if BCS aren't getting these figures in our hands, they don't have the extra stock to sell. When production is delayed and moved, production costs for them go up. Moving a factory is pretty much the nuclear option for any company, especially a smaller one, because it can be complex and cost time and all kinds of other things.

I totally get being frustrated. Two years is two years. It's been one awful thing after another. But at the end of the day it's just a ****** situation for everyone. If BCS can offer up some make-good like free shipping or whatever, that'd be cool. I don't know how far all of this has eaten into their margins though. That's the real question. I hope these figures come out amazing. I hope they can put all of this behind them. I want to get all the Doctors.

Back