BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice if they had improved the sculpt for this one, since I've always had a soft spot for that 1996 movie. But unfortunately I get the sense DW isn't as much of a priority anymore since they have their new Bond line.

It would be nice if they had improved the sculpt for this one, since I've always had a soft spot for that 1996 movie. But unfortunately I get the sense DW isn't as much of a priority anymore since they have their new Bond line.

I can agree with that. It's almost there, but something is still a little off. It's the best we're going to get though since we never got a second 12th figure and he really needs one with how much his character has changed. I'm not too big on Bond, but I have every Who figure so far, barring the first Tennant release. So I'd happily sink more money into this franchise.

I can agree with that. It's almost there, but something is still a little off. It's the best we're going to get though since we never got a second 12th figure and he really needs one with how much his character has changed. I'm not too big on Bond, but I have every Who figure so far, barring the first Tennant release. So I'd happily sink more money into this franchise.

:exactly: I really hoped we'd get an updated version of 12! :(

We'll probably get an announcement for their next Who release whenever they finally start shipping the backlog of Who orders in the coming months. Hopefully that Pertwee they showed the sculpt for, although they still have the Captain Jack that they previewed, as well as a 'space suit' Tenth Doctor variant that is in the works too, apparently. They'll probably want to cash in on Whittaker's new Doctor as soon as practicable as well.

But yeah, other than Pertwee I really want the Sixth Doctor and the Second Doctor, though I'd also happily take the Seventh Doctor, or even the Fifth Doctor, just want to fill out that classic Doctors lineup sometime before I'm dead and buried.

:exactly: It all seems to have gone quiet on that one - hope it is still being made.

I really, really want them to announce a Second Doctor figure though!! :pray: :pray:

I'd love a second doctor. Would be so much better than my kitbash.

Ht2tLEX.jpg

2nd and 6th are probably my next two wants, followed by 5 and 7.
Even with the price increases, I do plan on getting all the Doctors for sure. I'm CRAZY excited about 8. :)

Counting Eight and War on pre-order, I'll have eight of the Doctors, so I'm definitely in for all of the Doctors if, and hopefully when, the others eventually get made.

Given my extreme lack of space, I think Troughton is the only Classic Doctor I really need. I wasn't impressed enough with One and Four when they were first released, and the others I just don't have as much of an emotional attachment to.

Well, the TARDIS has already rejected her... TARDIS is on my side !! Haha!!
On the 8th, I think he looks ok. The pic of him looking down at the watch looks fantastic.

I almost gave my dad a heart attack when I had him go into the account recently: he saw that there was over £1000.00 worth of figures on order!!

Given my extreme lack of space, I think Troughton is the only Classic Doctor I really need. I wasn't impressed enough with One and Four when they were first released, and the others I just don't have as much of an emotional attachment to.

Wow, really? I think One is probably one of the best figures they've ever made. He's kind of one of the jewels of my collection. I like my 4th Doctor more now that I have the smiling head. I'd still love to get a knit scarf for it some day.

I, too, am looking forward to the adventures of 13 and welcome a figure being made of her too.

Despite the slightly over scaled head sculpt, for me the 1st Doctor is still the finest release yet in the 'Who' line....And it's the original Doctor!(not that awful Bradley tribute act)
Hopefully we'll get more classic doctors soon....Pertwee followed by a season 26 McCoy would be my preference..

I can't decide if I'd want the cream jacket or the dark brown one for 7. I feel like the cream is probably the more iconic one?

Yeah when I look at the original Hartnell sculpt again it looks fantastic. I think it's just the simplistic paint job on the final figure I'm reacting to more than anything (which gives it the same kind of slightly cartoony look as the Series 4 Tennant).

But maybe one of these days I'll feel inspired to pick one up and repaint it.

Back