BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least this is still being released...but i'm worried about future releases. Will the 3rd Doctor ever make it into production? If it goes the Launch pad route i doubt it...but i hope i'm wrong.

No i'm not a fan of the whole Launch pad thing...it smacks of a company in financial difficulties...

:exactly: Very true!

Not convinced about this whole 'Launchpad' thing either - why do we need a Worldpay account (I don't even know what one is! :lol ) I wish they'd do something else instead, like lower edition sizes or something idk :huh It really concerns me that the full classic line up may never be realised in 1/6th scale if releases are done this way due to some of the remaining classic Doctors being perceived as 'not so popular'.

Hopefully Pertwee makes it to release and isn't one of these launchpad figures :pray:

People talk about BCS shifting the blame. Well, the reality here is the one thing they can be "blamed" for is choosing the factory they chose. That's pretty much it. Factories make promises. They say they can come through. Hell, some even do okay one time, but don't keep their standards up. And the business with the factory has been shady in the extreme. Gathering the molds and getting them transferred has been a colossal pain in the ass.

The thing to remember here is this... if BCS aren't getting these figures in our hands, they don't have the extra stock to sell. When production is delayed and moved, production costs for them go up. Moving a factory is pretty much the nuclear option for any company, especially a smaller one, because it can be complex and cost time and all kinds of other things.

I totally get being frustrated. Two years is two years. It's been one awful thing after another. But at the end of the day it's just a ****** situation for everyone. If BCS can offer up some make-good like free shipping or whatever, that'd be cool. I don't know how far all of this has eaten into their margins though. That's the real question. I hope these figures come out amazing. I hope they can put all of this behind them. I want to get all the Doctors.

Well said. It has been a frustrating wait, but I can only imagine the frustration that the folks at BCS must be experiencing. For us, this is a collectible. For them, this is their livelihood and the way they are supporting their families. To have things which are out of their control effect their business and clientele must be beyond frustrating.

Update from Big Chief:

8th Doctor
Tooling - due to be completed mid April
Pre-production Sample - expected end April
Mass Production - expected to begin start May and be completed by mid July.
Ship Date - end July

I hope they share pics of the production sample. It would make the wait to the end of July a bit more bearable.

The end is in sight then hopefully...let's hope this ships out at the end of July, Eight seems to have been on pre-order for ever! :lol

I wonder what Friday's "exciting announcement" that they also mentioned in that email is? :panic:

The end is in sight then hopefully...let's hope this ships out at the end of July, Eight seems to have been on pre-order for ever! :lol

I wonder what Friday's "exciting announcement" that they also mentioned in that email is? :panic:

The email says it is shipping to them from China at the end of July which means they probably won’t get it until mid to late August. And then they’ll ship it out to customers. But usually only takes one day to get from the United Kingdom to my house in Utah. So I expect to see it in late August or early September.

Maybe, I will be one after it comes out, depending on the quality.

A3A4E5FD-7658-463D-89B8-9C4F0060265F.jpg

Delayed until Sept-Nov. Now it’s getting silly.
Here’s (faintly) hoping 8 and 13 come out together this fall.

Last edited:
Honestly... At this point BCS needs to send out an e-mail to all of the people who pre-ordered this figure (many of whom have already paid) and tell us just exactly what the heck is going on! I know delays are always to be expected in 1/6 pre-ordering, but this is going far beyond the usual. Haven't other figures been announced AND released since this one was put up for pre-order?

Seriously, after this many delays, they need to be offering some kind of additional compensation (and I DON'T mean a coupon!) If I wasn't such a fan of Doctor Who, I wouldn't even think of doing business with them any more.

Honestly... At this point BCS needs to send out an e-mail to all of the people who pre-ordered this figure (many of whom have already paid) and tell us just exactly what the heck is going on! I know delays are always to be expected in 1/6 pre-ordering, but this is going far beyond the usual. Haven't other figures been announced AND released since this one was put up for pre-order?

Seriously, after this many delays, they need to be offering some kind of additional compensation (and I DON'T mean a coupon!) If I wasn't such a fan of Doctor Who, I wouldn't even think of doing business with them any more.

I agree. Are we ever going to see this figure! :lol Ordered it in April 2017, paid the remaining balance in April 2018...and still nothing.

This is crazy - I get that there are delays and all in this hobby. I expect it, but these BCS delays are something else entirely. I too hope BCS are going to offer us all some sort of compensation for this, at the very least they should provide free shipping (I'd hope).

Delayed until Sept-Nov. Now it’s getting silly.
Here’s (faintly) hoping 8 and 13 come out together this fall.

This has not changed since their last announcement. They said the factory anticipated sending them late July or early August. That means they wouldn’t hit the UK warehouse until September. So no change.

I agree. Are we ever going to see this figure! :lol Ordered it in April 2017, paid the remaining balance in April 2018...and still nothing.

This is crazy - I get that there are delays and all in this hobby. I expect it, but these BCS delays are something else entirely. I too hope BCS are going to offer us all some sort of compensation for this, at the very least they should provide free shipping (I'd hope).

Free shipping would definitely be nice. They do owe our patience something. I agree.

Back