BCS 1:6 Doctor Who: Eighth Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great look! Maybe EDA 3 with Lucie Miller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got mine today and love the figure except for one thing. It's too tall. The figure is the same height as the Tom Baker and taller than Christopher Eccleston. Paul is 5'9", Tom is 6'3" and Christopher is 6'.

Yep. Too tall. I tried porting him over to a shorter body. Didn?t work. I don?t remember why.

It just surprises me because the Hartnell figure was on a shorter body, and the Eccleston figure is shorter than the Tom Baker.

But honestly, if that's my only complaint. It's a great figure.

They did the same thing with the war doc figure and made him way too tall. I don't really see how stuff like that gets through the design phase

Yeah, the heights are my biggest nitpick with bcs now that they seem to have gotten their factory paint consistency in order. Eccleston's too short, Hurt and McGann are too tall, who knows how Whitaker, Troughton and McCoy will turn out at this point. It's particularly puzzling when they already had that shorter body made for Hartnell way back when. And unfortunately, because most of the clothes are tailored for the bodies they do use, adjusting them (or even finding after market bodies where the clothes fit properly) after the fact isn't always possible, or very easy even when it can be done. Particularly if you don't want to start frankensteining.

Still, as we creep ever closer to a full collection of Doctors, nitpicks or not, I can't help but feel that 1/6 Who has never been in a stronger position that it currently is, and just for that alone I feel very grateful.

Yep, despite the flaws I'm very happy to have my Detolf full of Doctors and and can't wait to complete the collection.

If I had one wish though it would be for a new Eccleston head. The prototype looked good but the sculpt didn't hold up to production. Its easily the weakest of the Doctors, except for the original 4th Doctor and it's a shame to have him be so underwhelming.

Me too. I remember being so disappointed the Product Enterprises 1/6 figures didn't come out. No matter any subtle flaws they have, Big Chief gave me the 1/6 Tom Baker I wanted ever since I was a kid, and I am eternally grateful.

Yep, after getting a quality repaint and better scarf, that original Fourth Doctor release remains one of my favourite things I own.

Back