Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be starting my PG soon But I'm just going to finish up my 1/144 first. I'm going to put it in a shadow box picture frame and create a background to make it look like it is attached to the back of a Star Destroyer. As with some of you folks on this thread I too used the 1/144 as my practice falcon. Here are a couple of pics. Sorry for the quality.... Bandai 2_144.jpgBandai 1_144.jpg

Here's the latest progress on the topside of my Falcon. Panels added and airbrush shading completed. Now for all the additional paint chippings, oil streaks, rust runs, enhancement to the blast marks, all those little dashes.

119-Falcon-Construction-220318.jpg

Your chipping is very, very close to the decal reference, but it's not the decals. Especially the red panels. Did you do hairspray chipping or what's your method?

Just a fine brush and careful painting to try and match the chipping patterns seen on the full color topside photo in the Japanese Chronicles: Vehicles book.

Your chipping is very, very close to the decal reference, but it's not the decals. Especially the red panels. Did you do hairspray chipping or what's your method?

The Hasbro Hero Falcon was going to be my next when this beauty came along. I have one in the back room that I've some some prep work on. My finger hovered over the buy button at shapeways more than once for those upgrade parts.

Thanks Cking for the info. Gotta admit the Falcon even looks good all black lol. Anywho,Bandai 1_144 diorama.jpg I will be starting my Falcon very soon, but just wanted to finish this first......

^
Nice job on the SD panel. What did you use?

@cking: I'm considering bending some of my panel edges. I don't want to snap them. What was your method?

I'm curious about this too.

I was planning to use a heat gun and mask off the rest of the ship, save for the sliver of panel edges that will be directly affected. Then go in with pliers after it's softened to buckle it. My concern was leaving some imprint of the texture from the pliers on plastic if it's too soft, but maybe that wouldn't be all that bad?

^
Nice job on the SD panel. What did you use?

I'm curious about this too.

I was planning to use a heat gun and mask off the rest of the ship, save for the sliver of panel edges that will be directly affected. Then go in with pliers after it's softened to buckle it. My concern was leaving some imprint of the texture from the pliers on plastic if it's too soft, but maybe that wouldn't be all that bad?

Thanks. I mainly used polystyrene plastic, Cable ties and left over model bits. The pipes were actually jumbo plastic coated paper clips.

Back