AVP-R 1:1 Bio helm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely my favorite looking bio, I can't take my eyes off it:D
2602542df8271f047275f290e7f35f2a8796dfa.JPG

After serious thinking im sending this bio back for a full refund, im quite unhappy about it but paying recommended retail for a piece with shelf wear on its base and paint drip courtesy of sideshow makes me uneasy about this piece :(

That was a quick change of heart. That's really unfortunate to hear that, man. Would you consider selling it? I have a friend who wants one now that he saw mine.

The seller has offered me a full refund, just gotta get the courier sorted to send it back.

No wonder he only has one left, i suspect this has been bought and returned before, or has been displayed in the shop for a long time and and my books that does not constitute a RRP recommended retail price tag.

Not paying full price for a used item.

well, again, that sucks you won't be keeping this piece. you seemed excited about getting the Scar bio, has your mind changed on that as well?

Thats not the point, RRP is not something you pay for a piece thats less than perfect.

I totally disagree. The base is worthless. In fact, my MASK is cracked. But Its still good. And I'll keep it forever.

Nothing is ever perfect.

well, again, that sucks you won't be keeping this piece. you seemed excited about getting the Scar bio, has your mind changed on that as well?

Na, just the fact that this has visual defects is my problem.

Such as a nice paint drip on the painted brown metal that has seaped down the the stand

I just dont care about it. People wont look at the base, they'll look at the Mask.

Besides you could mount it, which you wouldn't see the base anyway. You'll probably never get a perfect one. I got mine when it came out, and already the base is scratched to hell. But I didnt buy it for the base.

Well if i was to repaint it, how would i go about that? i doubt you would be able to match the paint.
But i disagree with you about the base not being just as important, the base is part of the piece

Last edited:
Repaint the whole thing a similer color. No one looks at the base.

I remember this one fellow, got this Ghost Rider statue from Sideshow...ONE LITTLE FLAME broke off....he went though a crap load of trouble to replace it, when he coulda just glued it back on.

So, before you return things, try to fix it. It really, wouldnt be that hard.

You can do it. Go to walmart, get some gold paint, some brown paint, and some black paint. Some silver would work too. Take a brush, go over the bad spot, repaint the entire brown area's, highlight with some silver drybrushing, put a sealer on it, and PRESTO!

I rang the Gamesworkshop near my place and a dude there said it would be a piece of piss to do and he could do it for me, he told me to bring the base in and he will show me how to do it and if need be repaint the lot or touch it up.

He even said he'd do it for free if buy the paint lol

Im a perfectionist really man, ask the guys who know me AKA Mudshark and Adam, always pointing out some of the negatives in things :p

Back