Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The domestic numbers don't matter much in the long run

Especially if it still ends up #1 for the year domestically. If it settles somewhere between $400-$450 million it could easily outperform both Mockingjay Part 2 and Star Wars. It's already over $312 million for crying out loud. Its third weekend will put it ahead of the entire domestic gross of every single 2014 release.

Character screen time comparisons:

The Avengers

Hawkeye - 12:44
Thor - 25:52
Bruce Banner - 28:03
Black Widow - 33:35
Iron Man - 37:01
Captain America - 37:42

Age of Ultron

Vision - 8:41
Thor - 14:18
Hawkeye - 19:56
Scarlet Witch - 20:59
Bruce Banner / Hulk - 23:55
Quicksilver - 26:43
Black Widow - 33:07
Iron Man - 45:34
Captain America - 50:25

Interesting that the top 3 kept their respective positions. Thor got quite the downgrade.

All the numbers matter.

What spindrift is saying should not be taken lightly....it can have a negative impact on future budgets and the signing of name actors.

That being said....while Disney/Marvel might not arrive to their desired profit/reputation as speedy as they wanted, they're still easily, EASILY, going over a billion.

This was a big win for them, there is no denying that.

Last edited:
Beginning of the movie: First Iron Legion robot to advise civilians to evacuate city gets assimiliated by Ultron and then destroyed by Iron Man.

End of the movie: First Avenger (Quicksilver) to advise civilians to evacuate city gets killed by Ultron.

I wonder if the new Spidey movie will feature a scene where Uncle Ben tries to get civilians to evacuate a city. :lol

Character screen time comparisons:

The Avengers

Hawkeye - 12:44
Thor - 25:52
Bruce Banner - 28:03
Black Widow - 33:35
Iron Man - 37:01
Captain America - 37:42

Age of Ultron

Vision - 8:41
Thor - 14:18
Hawkeye - 19:56
Scarlet Witch - 20:59
Bruce Banner / Hulk - 23:55
Quicksilver - 26:43
Black Widow - 33:07
Iron Man - 45:34
Captain America - 50:25

Interesting that the top 3 kept their respective positions. Thor got quite the downgrade.

At least most of his 14:18 were spent kicking ass. :yess:

It would have been funny if at the end battle instead of Ultron saying "Thor, you're bothering me" he instead said, "Thor, you need some screen time, get over here," and then they started fighting.

Apparently more was planned for Hulk in this movie but Whedon felt it didn't fit despite studio pressure and told them to save it for a future Hulk appearance.

Apparently more was planned for Hulk in this movie but Whedon felt it didn't fit despite studio pressure and told them to save it for a future Hulk appearance.

Where does all this info come from? I also heard about 1 hour was cut from the movie and most of the previews was not shown in the movie. Any other juicy inside info???

The Hulk stuff is just that bit of info, JW stated that he won't give out what it was so that Disney can use it later, they're saving it, supposedly it made it to the pre vis stage.

Can't wait to see Hulk done by the bros. :panic:

This movie could have easily been the next Last Action Hero with so many different things to juggle and often conflicting ideas from so many different sources (Whedon/Disney/Feige.) What an amazing accomplishment that it IS so well put together. He might be an unprofessional whiner but damn, my hat's really off to Whedon this time around. He's obviously pretty bitter about a number of elements of the process but I bet a few years from now he'll look back at the finished theatrical cut and go "holy crap, I can't believe how good this turned out to be."

I'm thinking he doesn't really "get it" right now and only sees the arguments and not the finished product.

I believe that cbm fans who don't like it will eventually come around and warm up to it, this movie will age like wine and cheese at a French whorehouse.

If not, well, their loss. :lol

Last edited:
Put the lady and the kid to bed after a long Mothers Day ... decided I needed a little time to decompress, so I sneaked out of the house for viewing number 4. I think I have a problem ha

Back