Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this was posted before, but this was a nice and informative read:

https://www.themarysue.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-easter-eggs/

I'm not that well versed in the history of these comics so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of these easter eggs. Interesting that the comics also say that Strucker was unable to give humans abilities using the scepter. It leaves room to make the twins Inhumans in future movies.

edit: After reading the entire article, I have a new appreciation on the details that went into this film. I like it even more now. :D

I don't know if this was posted before, but this was a nice and informative read:

Avengers: Age of Ultron

I'm not that well versed in the history of these comics so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of these easter eggs. Interesting that the comics also say that Strucker was unable to give humans abilities using the scepter. It leaves room to make the twins Inhumans in future movies.

edit: After reading the entire article, I have a new appreciation on the details that went into this film. I like it even more now. :D

Really good read, I must say! I picked up a number of the ones they mentioned but obviously not all of them.

I feel like they missed something with Ultron though. In the movie, Ultron desired to create a perfected humanoid body. This ends up being the new origin for Vision, who ends up with the power of an Infinity Stone, specifically, the Mind Stone.

In recent comics, Ultron is shown to be very fixated on the concept of a transcendental humanoid body, having come to the conclusion that maintaining a robotic form isn’t always ideal. In one of Ultron’s most recent comic stories (“Annihilation: Conquest”), he desired to possess a perfected humanoid body in the form of Adam Warlock; who himself had previously possessed the power of an Infinity Stone, specifically, the Soul Stone.

A lot of Warlock’s imagery plays on the fact that he’s an allegorical Messiah (being a parallel to Jesus Christ) and that he comes from a cocoon. In “Annihilation: Conquest”, he was stored and had emerged from a cocoon once again when Ultron possessed his body. In the film, Vision himself emerges out of a cocoon-like device known as the “cradle”; the cradle itself being a possible reference to Jesus Christ with Vision possessing similar parallels based on his pacifist personality.

It was funny. :lol Is that what awaits Thanos? :monkey2

Eh maybe, but I doubt it. Not with the Russo bros at the helm. Unless Feige strong arms them.

No, no way, if TWS and Pierce are any indication the Russos know how to make one badass villain.

I wouldn't mind if they add this Spidey scene though.

kdOnfLa.jpg

Leaving soon for my 5th :yess:

Crazy-gif.gif

Seriously though.. Wow... Even if I loved the movie the most I might see it on initial release is 3 times and I would save that third time for later in its run.

I have not been able to watch films repeatedly like that since I was in my early teens (I watched Conan the Barabarian once a day for 10 days straight)

Now If I were to do that it would kill the film for me.

JAWS, Star Wars, Raiders. All films I have seen countless times but much of that was when I was younger and my brain could handle it :lol

Now I watch them all about once a year.

But I can't think of a film made in the last 20 years I would want to see 5x in the theaters.

Well if I had my young teen mind I would have wanted to see LOTR and many MU films that many times. But now. Just could not do that. I have seen LOTR at least 10x but that is over the years. I could not imagine watching any of those 5x in a week.

You are the Man ;)

I can't help it that i'm the go to person with these movies.

First I go alone on opening night (always) but also to see if ok for my son to watch.

Then wife and kid.

Then wife wants to see it twice (always with cbm).

That's 3 right there.

Then my friend wants to go see it. 4

Then my brothers, sisters......and everyone has different schedules which makes grouping difficult.

I'm a busy man during the spring/summer movie season. :lol

This movie is great, holds up really well on repeat viewings.

Last edited:

First I go alone on opening night (always) but also to see if ok for my son to watch.

Then wife and kid.

That's 3 right there.

Then my brothers, sisters......and everyone has different schedules which makes grouping difficult.

I'm the same way jye. Going for the forth time tomorrow. Different people every time. I also agree that it holds up well. In fact, I think I enjoyed it more with each viewing.

The second time I went the sound was really low in the auditorium I was in (can't have THAT) and behind me there was a group of people yacking away and I wasn't really in the mood for that either.

So I knew that there was another showing in another auditorium that started 30 minutes before mine and decided that once the farm house scene began I could duck out and skip ahead 30 minutes to the other auditorium. I did and thankfully had appropriately cranked sound and a MUCH better crowd. I thought "what could I have missed, the farm and cave scene? No big." So I sit down as Vision is waking up and thought oh cool still get to see the big battle...totally forgetting about the whole Cap chase in the city which I completely missed. :banghead

So yeah, I need to see it one more time. One of the reasons I like IMAX is because the sound drowns out all the yackers. I'll be catching it that away again.

Last edited:
Better than the Mexican teen parents that bring their 2 year Olds to see R rated films.

I noticed plenty of people in the audience felt offended with the Fury's catholic rabbit comment. :lol

I'm catholic and Hispanic and found it absolutely hilarious. :lol

Im gonna catch it on IMAX on Tuesday. This movie is just a blast. Maybe I shouldn't watch after that, it's not like I haven't pre-ordered 3 copies of the film already. :rotfl

Anyway this is not the kind of conversation this thread needs :lol

You're not wrong on that. With regard to audience disturbances, talkers can be annoying (they can also be HILARIOUS depending on the movie, I excpect quite the audience commentary when I go see Genisys) I'd have to say my current biggest pet peeve are people who crinkle those damn wrappers for like three quarters of the movie. Just pour the damn things into your hand! And what kind of candy takes over an hour to eat? :lol

EDIT: Off-topic discussion because of my stupid comment removed.

Last edited:
I'm the same way jye. Going for the forth time tomorrow. Different people every time. I also agree that it holds up well. In fact, I think I enjoyed it more with each viewing.

The 5th viewing solidified for me that this movie DOES NOT need an extended (or directors) cut to fix it, it was fine as is!

Yup, I just went there.

That being said, one can never have enough footage, so I hope we do get an extended cut! :lol

I'd watch a 3 hour cut once to get those little pieces of back story but I'd probably stick with the theatrical cut for most viewings. Like when I marathon MS stuff now, I skip Hulk and First Avenger but it's nice to know Bucky's proper back story etc.

Then wife and kid.

That's 3 right there.

Take crows and JAWS next time :lol

The 5th viewing solidified for me that this movie DOES NOT need an extended (or directors) cut to fix it, it was fine as is!

Correct. It isn't like BOTFA where you KNOW you're not supposed to see only 3 seconds of Beorn or have the fate of the Arkenstone (the MacGuffin of the whole bloody trilogy) be unresolved.

No, in the theatrical AoU you have satisfying arcs for all of the characters, they all get to shine at their own specific times, the larger story is properly resolved, etc. And you know Whedon didn't trim an hour of epic battle scenes. It would have just been more farmhouse stuff and maybe some of the team members going on dates or whatever.

The most notable "jump" in the editing that I noticed was that the Twins just stumble on Ultron in the church seemingly knowing him and prepared to join him. I'd like that little bit explained more but don't really need much else.

You guys/gals sitting, I need to tell the story what happened lastnight.

Boyfriend/ Girlfriend on their first date (they stated as such) sitting next to me, seemed like a nice couple, although she came off very airheaded, but whatever.

He asked her what her favorite superhero was with Marvel.

She says BATMAN, hands down no one can compete with his coolness, "besides" she says, "Affleck is hot", she replied back.

He says to her that Batman is DC.

She looks at him and asked if the movie they were watching was Marvel or DC.

He says it's the Avengers, so Marvel.

She says, "Ohhh, so Batman isn't in this, well that's a bummer!"

25 minutes later she excuses herself to the bathroom, he turns to me when alone and says "Wow, did you hear any of that", and we both LOL!

You guys/gals sitting, I need to tell the story what happened lastnight.

Boyfriend/ Girlfriend on their first date (they stated as such) sitting next to me, seemed like a nice couple, although she came off very airheaded, but whatever.

He asked her what her favorite superhero was with Marvel.

She says BATMAN, hands down no one can compete with his coolness, "besides" she says, "Affleck is hot", she replied back.

He says to her that Batman is DC.

She looks at him and asked if the movie they were watching was Marvel or DC.

He says it's the Avengers, so Marvel.

She says, "Ohhh, so Batman isn't in this, well that's a bummer!"

25 minutes later she excuses herself to the bathroom, he turns to me when alone and says "Wow, did you hear any of that", and we both LOL!

If I were the guy:

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

I'd watch a 3 hour cut once to get those little pieces of back story but I'd probably stick with the theatrical cut for most viewings. Like when I marathon MS stuff now, I skip Hulk and First Avenger but it's nice to know Bucky's proper back story etc.

I would watch a 4 hour cut 100x :lol

Some people shoot up heroin, I watch the same movies over and over! :lol

Take crows and JAWS next time :lol

LOFOL

Correct. It isn't like BOTFA where you KNOW you're not supposed to see only 3 seconds of Beorn or have the fate of the Arkenstone (the MacGuffin of the whole bloody trilogy) be unresolved.

No, in the theatrical AoU you have satisfying arcs for all of the characters, they all get to shine at their own specific times, the larger story is properly resolved, etc. And you know Whedon didn't trim an hour of epic battle scenes. It would have just been more farmhouse stuff and maybe some of the team members going on dates or whatever.

The most notable "jump" in the editing that I noticed was that the Twins just stumble on Ultron in the church seemingly knowing him and prepared to join him. I'd like that little bit explained more but don't really need much else.

JW complaints on the cuts are baffling to me. :lol

I guess he wants to fix the cave stuff with Thor. :dunno

Whatever, it made sense to me, i'm good, don't worry about me Joss. :lol

But like I said, by all means give us a 3 hour movie, I'm not going to complain either. :lol

If the additional hour of extra footage has unfinished effects and post-production work then I don't really see Disney coughing up the dough to complete the extra hour anyway. If they really did have a fully finished three hour movie and then at the last minute Disney wanted it cut down that would be one thing but I highly doubt they would have gotten that far. My guess is that like the first Avengers we might get a fair number of deleted scenes but no extended cut.

Back