Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the numbers matter.

What spindrift is saying should not be taken lightly....it can have a negative impact on future budgets and the signing of name actors.

It could also effect when RDJ jumps ship. He wants to leave, and if its starts to feel like Marvel has peaked it just gives him more incentive to back out. And if he leaves, the door is open.

And don't rely too much because you read he's signed a contract. Contracts can be renegotiated. And when they can't, you just end up with lackluster performance.

Just sayin'...

Just the NECA Hulk :lol

Exciting. :lol

It could also effect when RDJ jumps ship. He wants to leave, and if its starts to feel like Marvel has peaked it just gives him more incentive to back out. And if he leaves, the door is open.

And don't rely too much because you read he's signed a contract. Contracts can be renegotiated. And when they can't, you just end up with lackluster performance.

Just sayin'...

imudq0f-imgur-did-the-avengers-age-of-ultron-trailer-reveal-black-widow-s-and-thor-s-demise-png-160387.jpg

"Nothing lasts forever."

I think there is definite room for improvement with this film, assuming that none of the added scenes are action scenes. Too much stuff and too much action hold the film back IMO. If you imagine Winter Soldier with half the dramatic scenes and exposition taken out (which is essentially what goes on in Age of Ultron IMO), it would still be a cool movie, but you would lose a lot of what makes it work as well as it does. I think I already said this, but I think pacing and dramatic development are something Bryan Singer understands better than anyone else consistently making comic movies (Nolan and Branaugh are also no slouches in that department, but neither is doing comic movies currently). Having said that, I only saw it once, and probably won't see this again until it gets on Netflix, so maybe my opinion will change next time around.

I think there is definite room for improvement with this film, assuming that none of the added scenes are action scenes. Too much stuff and too much action hold the film back IMO. If you imagine Winter Soldier with half the dramatic scenes and exposition taken out (which is essentially what goes on in Age of Ultron IMO), it would still be a cool movie, but you would lose a lot of what makes it work as well as it does. Having said that, I only saw it once, and probably won't see this again until it gets on Netflix, so maybe my opinion will change next time around.

In addition to seeing how Ultron contacted and convinced the Twins to join him it seems like the film would benefit from showing just how his Ultron Prime form came to be. We knew that HYDRA had the drones in their lab, but how did his Prime form materialize? It seemed like a big jump to go from his Iron Legion Puppet body right to Prime.

I think there is definite room for improvement with this film, assuming that none of the added scenes are action scenes. Too much stuff and too much action hold the film back IMO. If you imagine Winter Soldier with half the dramatic scenes and exposition taken out (which is essentially what goes on in Age of Ultron IMO), it would still be a cool movie, but you would lose a lot of what makes it work as well as it does. I think I already said this, but I think pacing and dramatic development are something Bryan Singer understands better than anyone else consistently making comic movies (Nolan and Branaugh are also no slouches in that department, but neither is doing comic movies currently). Having said that, I only saw it once, and probably won't see this again until it gets on Netflix, so maybe my opinion will change next time around.

Damn,

Netflix, really.

You have incredible patience. :lol

Interesting if The Winter Soldier ends up being the peak of Marvel CBMs. Won't know for a few more movies... but I find TWS to be the most re-watchable of the Marvel offerings, right up there with the first Avengers.

Can someone please list the Phases and their frames?

Just found this site: Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki

Phase I (Years 2008-2012)

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers

Phase II (Years 2013-2015)

Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man

Phase III (Years 2016-2019)

Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Spider-Man
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War Part I
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Avengers: Infinity War Part II
Inhumans

We're all going to have one hell of a blu-ray collection in 2020.

Last edited:
Back